Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843015 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #990 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Yep! That's a red wolf. (And I thought you'd say that)

oh, 'kay! (you're magical then hehe)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #991 on: April 28, 2015, 03:28:57 PM »
oh, 'kay! (you're magical then hehe)
It's happened twice. Once more and I'll declare my that I have mage senses!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #992 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
It's happened twice. Once more and I'll declare my that I have mage senses!

Maybe you're a mage and everyone that is so close to you are hidding it! o.o!
(omg my imagination plz)
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #993 on: April 28, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »
Huh, that's weird. In my edition (English, of course) it's written 'dæmon'. I love this series by the way, it was (and still is) one of my favourites :)

I was thinking more about the word than the spelling (I had a feeling of a-ha! THAT was what they were called) The editions I've read are back with my mother in law, so I cant check. Sorry for confirming without actually checking  :/

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #994 on: April 28, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »
Um.. Guys?
I was going to ask, someone wants an AT (art trade)?
I don't like to ask for request because I feel bad when I don't do a gift for a person ;v;
If someone asks, I just want my oc uwu -hides-

I made you a big messy sketchboard, so I'll throw it here while I'm still on the computer.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #995 on: April 28, 2015, 05:18:13 PM »

I made you a big messy sketchboard, so I'll throw it here while I'm still on the computer.

Oh wow that was fast! XD Thank you!
I'll make you tomorrow, It's like 23:18 here in Spain-
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #996 on: April 28, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »
Well, I didn't remember to post this before, ahhh silly me
I'll leave my Part of the AT with Curry here before I go to Sleep:

also, what is anatomy even
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #997 on: April 28, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »
I was thinking more about the word than the spelling (I had a feeling of a-ha! THAT was what they were called) The editions I've read are back with my mother in law, so I cant check. Sorry for confirming without actually checking  :/

That's okay! Vafhudr pretty much cleared it up, so we're all good now. Mystery solved - and no thanks to me for getting confused and jumping to conclusions without even considering pronunciation, etc. :P
(I'll just go to bed early today, or something)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #998 on: April 28, 2015, 05:31:45 PM »
@Khali and dancingranger: Additional note regarding the short I'm working on Strelok is very fresh face around base, the people that know why he's there and what happened on the expedition that he was conscripted on basically can't say why, however it somehow got out that he's a "wildling" of some kind, which until I ask in the comments on one of the posts and hope Minna responds,  I will presume a person who was living out in the silent world/outside the known world is considered a bit of a bad omen. So there's kinda of a bit of distrust about him and it's sort of the culmination of opinions being voiced when the kid starts trying to beat Strelok's head in with a food tray in the messhall.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #999 on: April 28, 2015, 05:39:02 PM »
@Khali and dancingranger: Additional note regarding the short I'm working on Strelok is very fresh face around base, the people that know why he's there and what happened on the expedition that he was conscripted on basically can't say why, however it somehow got out that he's a "wildling" of some kind, which until I ask in the comments on one of the posts and hope Minna responds,  I will presume a person who was living out in the silent world/outside the known world is considered a bit of a bad omen. So there's kinda of a bit of distrust about him and it's sort of the culmination of opinions being voiced when the kid starts trying to beat Strelok's head in with a food tray in the messhall.
In that case I would step in. There would be magic crackling. (My S'ona was raised with stories of his people's real home. Strelok would be seen as a hope that it's possible that the is a chance that others have made it) it wouldn't win me any friends, but then again I'd been made to take a name they gave me.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1000 on: April 28, 2015, 06:02:14 PM »
I'm so glad you liked it!!

(I'm so sorry about the hair... I based my drawing on your first fansona post, maybe I should have looked at some more recent material... D:)

It's no biggie! It's apparently a common mistake; I mean, I shouldn't assume that everyone knows my hairstyle :P

(also: I had this typed out this morning and didn't click post until now when I had internet again and there were 23 new replies. That really wasn't the number I was expecting)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1001 on: April 28, 2015, 08:23:15 PM »
Solokov

Ok. I had actually planned for my character to generally live outside the safe-zone (or be a "wildling" as you call it) too, because she has a case of wanderlust. She wouldn't see anything weird or suspicious about Strelok at all. She'd probably even have a sense of kinship with him because they have this in common, and definitely side with him if a fight ensued. She may have even seen him before in the silent world, although she mostly sticks to the forests, avoiding the troll- infested cities. Her presence at the base where your story is taking place is by no means permanent, she'd just be stopping by for a night or two to get supplies you can't find in the forest. I'm going to go add some of this to her profile thingy now.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1002 on: April 28, 2015, 09:47:09 PM »
i joined a really weeb version of deviantart and naturally had to make a new icon. surprise surprise it's basically karri? and it's also my new icon here, until i finish that reynir comic i've been planning for 32950809842098 years
YEET

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1003 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:50 PM »
@Dancing ranger&Kahli: Good to know.

I've got at least one slot left for the dossier pile (can always do more), and if anyone else would like to get mentioned or have a role in the story I'm working on let me know.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1004 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:30 PM »
I've got at least one slot left for the dossier pile (can always do more)

I'd be interested in this! :D random factoids under the cut

Spoiler: show

As far as warnings and such, probably something along the lines of 'do not let them modify explosives, do not let them try and convince you to take the stray cats home, remind them that old world couches may look nice but are not things you can take back from cleansing expeditions'?
karri tends to use their practical chemistry knowledge to intensify explosives. karri does not know how to limit explosions however and therefore tends to underestimate the power they're putting into their bandolier. karri has blown up many a building and NOT LEARNED ANY LESSONS
from norway, has the beginnings of an icelandic education. was more advanced in some areas like chemistry and math than others like icelandic. has forgotten a LOT of icelandic and often accidentally says insulting things without realizing because this word is so similar to the other one,, what do you mean it's 'not something you say in polite company'?

also gender-neutral pronouns please!!
YEET