Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841481 times)

kahli

• Scout
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #930 on: April 27, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »
Mad robin: those are amazing! I really love your art style!

Okay my mind likes playing with ideas. I am toying with the thought of totem animals for each crew member.  I want any opinions, I'd like to only use each one once, so Dragon(western), and unicorn are taken.
Oh, ummmm... Barn owl for me I guess.

apropos of nothing

looks like someone slinky'd down some stairs
*failed attempt to suppress giggling* X-D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #931 on: April 27, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
What exactly is a totem animal?
It's usually a spirit animal that offers guidance, everyone has one, even if they don't realize it. They are like protecting spirits as well.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #932 on: April 27, 2015, 06:32:40 PM »
It's usually a spirit animal that offers guidance, everyone has one, even if they don't realize it. They are like protecting spirits as well.

Oh, well, I have no idea then. Either a wolf or a white-tailed eagle maybe.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #933 on: April 27, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »
Okay my mind likes playing with ideas. I am toying with the thought of totem animals for each crew member.  I want any opinions, I'd like to only use each one once, so Dragon(western), and unicorn are taken.

....Who if I may ask is the dragon? Also greedy dragon or wrathful dragon?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #934 on: April 27, 2015, 06:35:30 PM »

Squirrel A mouse is probably the most accurate for me.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #935 on: April 27, 2015, 06:52:40 PM »
Gwenno I just got home so I could upload this http://yoruhana-hitsugaya.deviantart.com/art/Art-Trade-The-Dragon-Roars-529376042?ga_submit_new=10%253A1430086325&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1 if you want I can add a background, but for now I'm happy with it.
Also it looks awesome so far! (I understand the camera feels. )

I've already fangirled over this on Deviantart but I'll say it here again anyway because why not :3 - this is so totally awesome and I love it! Dunno if you decided on the dragon as totem animal because I'm Welsh, or because that's what your mage senses were telling you, but for whatever reason the dragon is exactly right ^_^ No need to add a background unless you particularly feel like it. I seem to be in a minority here where backgrounds are often my favourite parts of a picture to draw (such a weirdo I know…)

I'm wondering... could a kind-of-very-short-novel be a self-insert ? *Nervous smile* The fact is I fear I won't do anything else with that character but she won't let me in peace before I take her out of my mind....

Everyone is creative in different ways :) If your self insert wants to exist as a novel then that's perfectly fine, and really, some of these 'sonas can be phenomenally bossy they just do as they please and you'd end up with that story regardless

Also *ppppphht* troll dancing :P I really hope this becomes a thing…. actually, if anyone knows of caramelldansen THIS is something I would love to see some of the 'sonas doing (also the real SSSS crew…. and just everyone in general. I sometimes feel unhealthily addicted to that dance)

....Who if I may ask is the dragon? Also greedy dragon or wrathful dragon?

The dragon is MEEEEEEEE! The Welsh have an understanding with dragons in our stories, they can be either good or bad, but the red dragon symbolises our people, and so we adopted it as our national animal ^_^ (my 'sona is Norwegian, but any excuse to have a dragon right!) Anyway, might post the most famous story in the global mythology thread actually seeing as it's pretty nice and everyone likes dragon stories :D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #936 on: April 27, 2015, 06:58:12 PM »
*Snort*  Mine would be something small, furry, and weak that sleeps a lot and hides under things.  Like a dormouse.  Except I don't think dormice make noise.

A guinea pig, then.  (And they're probably extinct in the Known World, so that fits.  Unless someone's started raising them for food again, like in Peru.  But rabbits are bigger and reproduce faster.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #937 on: April 27, 2015, 07:01:12 PM »
Also, to Mélusine, I definitely think so! :D

Everyone is creative in different ways :) If your self insert wants to exist as a novel then that's perfectly fine, and really, some of these 'sonas can be phenomenally bossy they just do as they please and you'd end up with that story regardless
Ok, I'll continue to try to translate my four pages in the most correct english possible. Past time in english, I know you hate me and this is the same for me.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #938 on: April 27, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »
The dragon is MEEEEEEEE! The Welsh have an understanding with dragons in our stories, they can be either good or bad, but the red dragon symbolises our people, and so we adopted it as our national animal ^_^ (my 'sona is Norwegian, but any excuse to have a dragon right!) Anyway, might post the most famous story in the global mythology thread actually seeing as it's pretty nice and everyone likes dragon stories :D

Neat.

Anyway Strelok's spirit animal will be the fox for reasons that may or may not be clear if I ever finish the written bit I'm working on.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #939 on: April 27, 2015, 07:22:56 PM »
Hmm... mine would be a raven or an owl, depending on who you ask and what mythological framework we are using.

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #940 on: April 27, 2015, 07:52:01 PM »
We are *so* going to have a dance party at our first SSSS meet-up.  The "Pata Pata" and "Macarena" [...] until we all fall into a big giggling heap on the dance floor.
... right. I think I have a solid mental image now.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #941 on: April 27, 2015, 07:55:40 PM »
Ok, the world is full of lefties, but I start acting like a crazy whenever I meet another one.
*left-handed high-five*
Karri is AWESOME there
and also, Haiz, that dance party is adorable (I nerd-dance when no-one's looking, but don't actually dance) and the falling-troll is HILARIOUS.
Aaaand here's your thank-you-drawing, Piney!

what are hands
what is posture
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #942 on: April 27, 2015, 08:03:46 PM »
Noodly: "Something bad, presumably." I love it, haha.

Haiz: *so much giggling*

And I've been seeing something about animal totems? Ahhh what to choose, oh gosh.
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #943 on: April 27, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »
Haiz: Have I already said that your drawings are amazing? Because they are. :)

Noodly: "Something bad, presumably." I love it, haha.

I love it [2].
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #944 on: April 27, 2015, 08:19:33 PM »
Aaaand here's your thank-you-drawing, Piney!

what are hands
what is posture

Hehe, "something bad, presumably" :D I certainly wouldn't waste my defense on something that wasn't bad! (I try to ration my resources, heh)
but also it could theoretically be something not bad considering how my vision (and consequently, my aim) is without my glasses

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: