Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842583 times)

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #795 on: April 22, 2015, 10:07:22 PM »
I like it very much, but you should probably put it in an image bracket so that it doesn't get buried in the torrent of text and images that is this thread.

Unless you don't want to of course.

Yes, yes, I totally meant to do that right away once I had access to an actual computer, but I... guess I got sidetracked. So! Here is an "official" introduction to my ssssona - this time with fun facts! (This thread moves too fast, wow.)

Name: ...................... Stella Strand
Nationality: .......................... Dane
Area of birth: ................. Bornholm
Immunity: ............................... No
Profession: ....................... Student
Languages: .............. :denmark: (:iceland: sorta)

- If not plain forgetful, is certainly scatterbrained.
- Has no business being anything but a student at this point in her life.
- She's not shy, but is uncomfortable talking to people she doesn't know.
- Signed up for this team by accident - no one's quite sure how it happened. She was frantic at first, but got used to the idea fairly quickly and is now even looking forward to it.
- Knows just enough Icelandic to get by in language classes and read, but knows she'll be in over her head as soon as she needs to have a conversation with someone who actually speaks the language.
- Is not too concerned about her lack of immunity. The chances of her getting the Illness are just as high as her chances of breaking a bone or something. Right.
- Has general interest in almost all academic fields, but is yet to decide what she actually wants to study.
- Does not want to be a doctor.
- Can be too cheerful.
- Can be too free with the use of verbal irony.
- Knows lots of useless facts because she's read too many random books.
- Really needs a haircut.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:11:24 PM by StellersJayC »

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #796 on: April 22, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »
Here is Clara, per art trade agreement with Piney

I tried to make it obvious she was a cleanser by smudging her up with ash and giving her a reddish background also what are hands even
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:18:54 PM by SolarPoweredGirl »

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #797 on: April 22, 2015, 10:24:45 PM »
Here is Clara, per art trade agreement with Piney

I tried to make it obvious she was a cleanser by smudging her up with ash and giving her a reddish background also what are hands even

Wow that was really quick and it's adorable! (Also it seems to imply that I actually had the courage to light something on fire, go me)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #798 on: April 23, 2015, 12:48:12 AM »
http://yoruhana-hitsugaya.deviantart.com/art/art-trade-wip-528617379?ga_submit_new=10%253A1429764221#

I have a wip of Gwenno. (I don't know why but the dragon just kinda happened.) Also, I pulled out my Bo Staff and stood in the middle of the yard posing and got some weird looks, oh well. I had fun, battling invisible trolls for an hour or two.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #799 on: April 23, 2015, 01:19:08 AM »
Also, I pulled out my Bo Staff and stood in the middle of the yard posing and got some weird looks, oh well. I had fun, battling invisible trolls for an hour or two.

This is how I know you are more mature than I am.  If I had a Bo Staff, I would be doing Daffy Duck-as-Robin-Hood impressions: 
/>
(or else making light-saber noises...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #800 on: April 23, 2015, 01:36:44 AM »
@Gwenno: Would gwenno the ssss'sona be the kind of person to be holding a knife in the teeth when having a photo taken of her?

Also I need eye color.

@: Kauniitaunia: Are those scars on hanna's neck in http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=359.msg28428#msg28428 ? Hair and eye color too?

@: Kicknrun, Khali: Premetively asking for eye and hair color here too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:58:24 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #801 on: April 23, 2015, 02:02:50 AM »
This is how I know you are more mature than I am.  If I had a Bo Staff, I would be doing Daffy Duck-as-Robin-Hood impressions: 
/>
(or else making light-saber noises...)

Yeah, I was doing similar things. I also did some proper Bo-katas and knocked over the table. I had also brought out my knife and sword, and had way too much fun with those too.
(I was also humming 'I'll make a man out of you' during the whole thing.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:06:39 AM by DancingRanger »
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #802 on: April 23, 2015, 02:41:26 AM »
@: Kauniitaunia: Are those scars on hanna's neck in http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=359.msg28428#msg28428 ? Hair and eye color too?

Ah no, no scars here. That was just a 'fold' in the photograph. I did wonder whether it looked like that, but decieded to leave it, so I can see where you are coming from :). As for eye and hair colour, I (and she I guess) have green eyes and really dark brown hair - almost black. I hope this helps!

[Just a quick note to say I just updated the infodump again! Three(?) new slides have been added since I last updated, so you can have a quick look here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.p
Don't worry, we're not going to post updates every time a slide is added and spam the thread, just occasionally so that people can find them easily without having to scroll through 50 posts to find a link c:
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #803 on: April 23, 2015, 03:15:51 AM »
Yeah, I was doing similar things. I also did some proper Bo-katas and knocked over the table. I had also brought out my knife and sword, and had way too much fun with those too.
(I was also humming 'I'll make a man out of you' during the whole thing.)

In a small Kentucky town, huh?  Cue neighbors' reaction, as supplied by Hank Hill:  "That boy ain't right."   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #804 on: April 23, 2015, 05:45:41 AM »
http://yoruhana-hitsugaya.deviantart.com/art/art-trade-wip-528617379?ga_submit_new=10%253A1429764221#

I have a wip of Gwenno. (I don't know why but the dragon just kinda happened.) Also, I pulled out my Bo Staff and stood in the middle of the yard posing and got some weird looks, oh well. I had fun, battling invisible trolls for an hour or two.

Haha, awesome I love it :D Real life me is actually Welsh, so the dragon totally fits in as well (here's a picture of our flag to explain the dragon reference: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/Flag_of_Wales_2.svg/1280px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png - it is the most best flag!). As for Bo Staff practice we don't have a garden big enough for me to practice so I usually just go to one of the local parks, and the funny looks are something I'm more than familiar with  :P (Sunflower, it usually ends up being horribly immature swooshing and playing about after a while as well, but either way it's really fun. My teacher also has a lightsaber bokken which we're all insanely jealous of)

I've got the lineart done for yours as well DancingRanger ^_^ but it probably won't be coloured and finished until maybe monday or tuesday

@Gwenno: Would gwenno the ssss'sona be the kind of person to be holding a knife in the teeth when having a photo taken of her?

Also I need eye color.

Yes, I think you've managed to grasp my 'sona's character quite perfectly here :P A knife held between the teeth is exactly the kind of accessory a girl needs to look awesome for a photo! The eye colour is a grey-blue
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #805 on: April 23, 2015, 07:26:48 AM »

Its a really dark brown.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #806 on: April 23, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »

My hair is dirty (dark) blonde and my eyes change color (it's weird, I know). They alternate between blue, green, grey, and hazel, you can pick from those colors as you see fit.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #807 on: April 23, 2015, 09:45:38 AM »
Eee, thank you! Made me look all cool and composed, heh.
I'm happy you like it! :D Drawing other people's ssssonas is hard =P

Yes, yes, I totally meant to do that right away once I had access to an actual computer, but I... guess I got sidetracked. So! Here is an "official" introduction to my ssssona - this time with fun facts! (This thread moves too fast, wow.)

I know, it's crazy! Your ssssona looks really sweet :) I hope she remembered to bring a mask!

My hair is dirty (dark) blonde and my eyes change color (it's weird, I know). They alternate between blue, green, grey, and hazel, you can pick from those colors as you see fit.
I also have eyes that change color! They shift between blue, green and gray :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #808 on: April 23, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »
I also have eyes that change color! They shift between blue, green and gray :D

Really? That's awesome! ;D Apart from my Dad, I have never met anyone else with eyes that do that before! My dad's can turn green, grey, and hazel. He thinks that it comes from some sort of genetic mutation. I think that it's really cool.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #809 on: April 23, 2015, 11:09:29 AM »
They don't turn. You have a baseline hazel colour. They will look blue or green depending on the intensity of the light, angle, and what you are wearing.

For instance - I have pale green eyes with an gold-brown inner ring. I tend to favour cool and earthy colour tones in clothing so most people see either green eyes or grey depending on the combinations. From afar, though, they usually cannot identify the colour.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...