Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841606 times)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #600 on: April 16, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
*Marvels at picture*

*Starts looking for self*

*not there*

*sad face*
 Oh well really nice drawing and really good job with making everyone look unique and different, maybe next time i may also take part? *wink wink*

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #601 on: April 16, 2015, 05:59:27 PM »
*just kind of sits in absolute amazement that someone drew everyone*

Awesome o:
Seconded

Also update on blurp, it is almost done.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #602 on: April 16, 2015, 06:02:14 PM »
RealRedCloudYT when I say i drew everyone, I mean EVERYONE O-O

FinnishViking Huh? forgot someone? Please send me the link of your ssssona so i can correct this emourmous error.

tabeabd °^°
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:08:28 PM by frenci »
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #603 on: April 16, 2015, 06:11:07 PM »
Ohhh... Okay my mistake! I shall post scrawling by tomorrow evening. (Lord this is going to either be great or horrible)

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #604 on: April 16, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »

I drew all the ssssonas/OCS!
Awww! They're adorable!  ;D

Also update on blurp, it is almost done.

Yusss!  :D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #605 on: April 16, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »
Awww, thank you frenci!  Soooo cute!  30 kilos melt away like magic, I should keep you folks around more often.

*ahem*  A "bit" more background / wall of text about my character.
Helle-Mai Räätäli, age 50s (*mumble mumble*), immune, based in Saimaa area, Finland

"These tools belonged to my grandfather.  I spent quite a bit of time with him when I was young, and he would tell me stories.  He was a teenager when the Rash illness came to Estonia, and his father and sister died of it.  His mother fled with her two surviving children and her orphaned niece.  They made their way to Finland, and stayed a while in Lahti.  That was where he met his first wife, Katri.  She was apparently quite a lively and daring person, and they used to raid abandoned houses in Lahti together after most of the surviving populace fled to Saimaa. 

It was on one of those raids that he got these tools.  He’d loved drawing as a boy and had been shown how to make woodcuts, and he took up the practice again to while away the evenings in their safe house.  I still have some of the blocks he made.  See this one?

It’s supposedly about a real true story, about the time Katri was attacked by a troll while taking a sauna.  Seems she managed to lock it in there and she stoked the fire to get the sauna roaring hot.  After about an hour, she opened the door to the sauna, whereupon the troll staggered out and lurched to the stream here to cool off, and then stood up, thanked Katri and walked calmly into the woods, never to be seen again.

But Katri died somehow; I don’t know if it was Rash or not, my grandfather would just shake his head and sigh and change the subject.  My grandfather came to live with the rest of his family here in Niinisaari, married my grandmother and they had my mother and uncles.  One of my uncles went up and worked on one of the boats on the Keuruu-Pori waterway, but the rest of the family stayed here.  I’m one of four children, well six originally I suppose, two of them died as babies, the first one and the one right before me.  My husband comes from a really big family, he’s one of nine!  We don’t have any children, but two of my nephews live with us.

I get by from the honey from my hives and the birch beer and mead I make with my nephew Jukku, and a bit from making these stamps for all the official paperwork.  I sometimes try to make pictures like my grandfather used to make, but I have no talent for it.  He said a lot of his pictures had meant to be book plates, but he also told me he didn’t have books before the Rash came, they just had some sort of, I don’t know, magic apple where the stories would appear on it and you could turn the pages by waving your hand over the apple.  He left his behind in Estonia because they couldn’t bring anything from the Rash areas.  I don’t know, doesn’t make sense to me either, he said it was an apple.  It’s probably like sending a troll to sauna and having it come out like a human, just a story."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:25:14 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #606 on: April 16, 2015, 07:23:06 PM »
Huzza I just finished the story. I promised more, and hopefully everyone's sona will get featured at least once or twice with a good length appearance.

The radio's distinct garbling echoed over the small cabin, where two of the expedition skalds sat. Sonja was frowning deeply at the noise, she'd seen how one of the other mages had silenced the anguished voices. Had that been Matthew or so someone else? The radio's sound changed and the officials at the base spoke.Sonja, shook her head half formed wonderings of where the rather eccentric scout had wandered off too.
"Oh! It is good to hear your voice! So how is everything?" Sara's voice cut through the silence that came with the radio's connection. Soon Sofie was recanting the last few days events, a slight worried tone to her voice as she spoke of the dangerous encounter with a couple of trolls.
"Oh sounds like you've had quite an eventful week. I take it you've also recovered some things?" Sonja's ears perked at a sound from one of the interior areas, she could hear two voices making their way to the place where she stood.
"Sofie, I'm going to see to our returning scouts. I'm a little worried about the one." Sonja paused long enough to meet Sofie's eyes, the two exchanged a knowing look before the Icelander moved into the darker area of the research vehicle.
Immediately Sonja saw two of their known Finnish mages, she sighed hoping that one of them might have seen the scout she was looking for. She was about to ask when she remembered neither would understand. She frowned, and sighed.
"Kahli, Maja?" The two mages looked up at her, she scratched the back of her head before attempting to collect her thoughts "ah, um. . .I'm looking for Matthew." The pair looked to each other and then back to Sonja, speaking quickly. "Matthew?" She asked again this time raising her hands up in questioning manner. This time the two looked at each other obviously asking each other about the mentioned scout. They shrugged and indicated that they didn't know where he was. Sonja nodded thanks and continued her journey, she felt like she'd be searching for several minutes before hearing a squeak from on of the bunk areas. She wandered to the area to see Karri grinning at a scarf, that itself wasn't odd, but it was the black bird motif that stood a stark contrast to the other flame colored yarn that caught Sonja's eye. Karri looked up at Sonja and showed her the scarf.
"This was on my pillow! It's really cool" Karri proceeded to wrap it around her neck, still grinning from ear to ear. Sonja smiled softly at the young cleanser.
"I think I know who might have made that." Sonja looked around the bunk area "have you seen Matthew? I'm a bit worried about him." Karri tilted her head and thought for a moment.
"He's the really odd Finnish-Icelandic mage, right?" Sonja nodded, before Karri continued "I usually see him around Haiz. I think he sleeps under hir's bunk." Karri lead Sonja to the mentioned area, where the two found the scout tucked and asleep, a couple of scraps of flame and black colored yarn laying on his pillow.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:35:17 PM by DancingRanger »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #607 on: April 16, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
So I gave a quick read to the thread and for whatever reason, I the urge to draw Almond Goddess' character.

I had never drawn a bird before, it was rather tricky.

Looks like you've gotten a good handle on it, though - nicely done!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #608 on: April 16, 2015, 08:27:52 PM »
It took all day!

Oh goodness. I admire your dedication, this is amazing.

I also apologize for covering the entirety of my ssssona's shirt with a map, thus forcing other people to make it up. Oops.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2015, 08:28:52 PM »
@frenci:

Absolutely magnificent.....I look like some kind of owl-beast......I LIKE IT!

@DancingRanger: looks neat I look forward to more.

Anyway......So I'm going to do a last call for if anyone wants to be on the dossier table that I'm going to draw up... before I start randomly start throwing darts and picking people at random.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #610 on: April 16, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »
Eyyyy. Sorry about the sheer quantity of sketches, but this was too fun to draw.

(The pose in the top left is overdramatic,not haughty.)

Also here are some of my favorites.

(Getting sparkly eyes talking about explosions is not a good thing,Alexis.)

Its not hard to see why I like this one.

(She's actually quite the patriot.)

How not to sound like an insane person, by Alexis Eklund.

Frenci: You drew me!

Soloklov: Me!

The bio will be coming soon, I swear.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2015, 08:59:03 PM »
*Meeeeep* I got drawn :3 TWICE! Way to go Frenci and Oh Deer for the sizeable feat of so many people!!! I take off my hat to you both (puts on hat for specific purpose of taking it off)

I just love how this world is growing and interacting and am going to just throw a huuuuuuge blanket of praise over all the arts and peoples and new things which are too many to cover individually, but too awesome to ignore :P (welcome kicknrun, I'm sure your ssssona will have fun here - also, feet are my worst drawing enemy as well *sigh*)

DancingRanger and Wavewright62 - yissss, stories!!!!! Everything is becoming so fleshed out now and it's totally awesome, your stories and backgrounds are adding such character and history and it is super to read ^_^

SolarPoweredGirl - I'm really impressed with how much your art has developed recently, as in, your pictures are improving REALLY quickly and I'm looking forwards to seeing more of your stuff :D

Solokov - mememememe! I totally want an awesome file ^_^ *ahem* anyway, I'd like you to know that the building was totally rotten and going to fall down anyway, so I don't know why they even keep it on record :P

Curry - your stuff is always awesome, but this was especially adorable, had me grinning quite a bit there ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
*Meeeeep* I got drawn :3 TWICE! Way to go Frenci and Oh Deer for the sizeable feat of so many people!!! I take off my hat to you both (puts on hat for specific purpose of taking it off)

I just love how this world is growing and interacting and am going to just throw a huuuuuuge blanket of praise over all the arts and peoples and new things which are too many to cover individually, but too awesome to ignore :P (welcome kicknrun, I'm sure your ssssona will have fun here - also, feet are my worst drawing enemy as well *sigh*)

DancingRanger and Wavewright62 - yissss, stories!!!!! Everything is becoming so fleshed out now and it's totally awesome, your stories and backgrounds are adding such character and history and it is super to read ^_^

SolarPoweredGirl - I'm really impressed with how much your art has developed recently, as in, your pictures are improving REALLY quickly and I'm looking forwards to seeing more of your stuff :D

Solokov - mememememe! I totally want an awesome file ^_^ *ahem* anyway, I'd like you to know that the building was totally rotten and going to fall down anyway, so I don't know why they even keep it on record :P

Curry - your stuff is always awesome, but this was especially adorable, had me grinning quite a bit there ^_^
Thanks, your sona's on my list to draw next.

And has anyone notice how most of the crew are female? I kinda found it interesting.

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #613 on: April 16, 2015, 09:28:35 PM »

It took all day!

Also drew Lalli, Reynir and Emil in chibi versions cos i still had free place on the paper

*****I tried*****
Oh my Deer, it's so cute! Thank you for drawing me! I now have to draw something for you *nods*
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »
Huzza I just finished the story. 

Woo! I like it! I can't wait to see more!  ;D
Anyway......So I'm going to do a last call for if anyone wants to be on the dossier table that I'm going to draw up... before I start randomly start throwing darts and picking people at random.

Ooo! Can I be on it please?  :D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: