Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842389 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2015, 07:32:45 AM »
Oh gosh I'm so late to the party... *sneaks in, sidles up to snack bar, stealthily grabs handful of Doritos*
Um... Only the main picture actually counts >_> (the bottom one is just pointless doodles of myself IRL, and the middle one turned out too badass-looking and I'm not that badass! But I thought I'd include it because it was pretty funny...at the time...) I might replace/add a better drawing later maybe...hmm

Is there a... format...?
Ok...let's see...

Name: Just uh....just "Owl" will do >_>
Nationality: :denmark:
Immunity: Yes
Languages: :denmark: :iceland:
After running away to see the world leaving the family farm equipped with only a bag containing spare clothes, a toothbrush and whatever was left in the family pantry, she hitched a ride with the local postage service and caught a trade boat to Skutskär. Aim: get to Mora, try and find a job any job I will do anything I have skillz plEAsE hire meee and place to live, earn money to buy tasty pastries. Wants to see and do cool stuff.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2015, 08:11:32 AM »
Well, I threatened you start drawing portraits, and I began to draw portraits...
Koalalou and Haiz, you are an first victims  ;)

They look so beautiful! =D

Oh gosh I'm so late to the party... *sneaks in, sidles up to snack bar, stealthily grabs handful of Doritos*
Um... Only the main picture actually counts >_> (the bottom one is just pointless doodles of myself IRL, and the middle one turned out too badass-looking and I'm not that badass! But I thought I'd include it because it was pretty funny...at the time...) I might replace/add a better drawing later maybe...hmm

I love your hair and that coat looks really comfy! Let's eat pastries together! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2015, 09:05:44 AM »
first of all, blanket thank you to everybody!! You guys are super fun to draw and I'm thinking that I'll do this for everybody who makes a SSSSona (good facial diversity practice and such 8))

Is there a... format...?
Ok...let's see...

[INFO]
Owl, you are SO CUTE!!! I just drew you and once I finish the other drawing on the page (the cleansers in ACTION POSES, WOW) I'll post it!! I can't get over how adorable you are.

Well, I threatened you start drawing portraits, and I began to draw portraits...

Oliga these are gorgeous!! Hehe I can't wait to see myself :0
YEET

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
I love your hair and that coat looks really comfy! Let's eat pastries together! :D
Heh, thanks X3 non-blow-dry hair for the win I guess! I'm glad the random coat looks like a coat too...
PASTRY QUEST OM NOM NOM ;)

first of all, blanket thank you to everybody!! You guys are super fun to draw and I'm thinking that I'll do this for everybody who makes a SSSSona (good facial diversity practice and such 8))Owl, you are SO CUTE!!! I just drew you and once I finish the other drawing on the page (the cleansers in ACTION POSES, WOW) I'll post it!! I can't get over how adorable you are.
ERMAHGERD CLEANSERS!!¡1 *excited dance*
You drew me?! :0 ooooh!

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »
HELLO I AM HAIZ KEEPEr OF PROMISES
I HAVE DRAWN E V E R Y O N E
............ as wonky ink portraits that almost didn't fit on the page

I hope I didn't miss anyone!!! and I hope I didn't get anyone wrong!!! BEHOLD

edit: I really wanted to make a huge picture with everyone in action, like that sketch I did wayyy back when there were only four OCs, but I currently lack time and mental/physical capacity to do that with 25 OCs, eHEHEHH..... maybe one day. in the future.
I wanted to do something before I'm in wales for a week, so THIS WAS IT

frick, I better upload this before somebody else uploads an OC!
There are actually so many of you making ocs so quickly that the 12-square grid I initially was too small so I had to redraw it. Then, the 15-square grid was also too small, and the 18-square grid, and the 24...
hhhhh things i discovered while drawing these:
-if motivated, i can draw 14 headshots in 40 minutes
-my style has nO CONSISTENCY and is heavily influenced by the style of the character i'm drawing

Ah these are amazing! I love the ink, Haiz.

...also, it was surprisingly easy to find myself without looking at names. Thanks both of you for capturing my unimpressed face very well. ;)

Oliga

« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »
Oliga these are gorgeous!! Hehe I can't wait to see myself :0
They look so beautiful! =D
Thank you!
Curry, you're next  ;)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:38 PM »
OKAY! I finished the cleansers to the best of my inspiration and drew OrigamiOwl's super cute SSSSona!

(Ignore tha 'Luna' in the corner. My friend told me to draw Luna Lovegood and I couldn't remember what she looks like hhhh)
Cleansers from left to right: Callipygous, Curry stop that, Piney
They're probably running away from something dumb they did that ended up in an explosion and Piney, being afraid of fire, is not wanting to be left behind while Curry runs like an idiot.

OrigamiOwl don't worry about being late, that means I had more effort left over to put into your headshot! I love pencils okay
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:05:33 PM by Curry »
YEET

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2015, 03:06:49 PM »
OKAY! I finished the cleansers to the best of my inspiration and drew OrigamiOwl's super cute SSSSona!

(Ignore tha 'Luna' in the corner. My friend told me to draw Luna Lovegood and I couldn't remember what she looks like hhhh)
They're probably running away from something dumb they did that ended up in an explosion and Piney, being afraid of fire, is not wanting to be left behind while Curry runs like an idiot.

You got me :D Also it would be a "No don't leave me, what if I get lost!?" We can safely say that I very little or nothing to do with that explosion.
"Curry, no- are you- are you, uh, sure you need that much lighter fluid?? Umm?? How many flares are you using? Four? No, but what if you need them la- AAAAAAAUGHHHH!!"

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2015, 05:06:22 PM »

Is there a... format...?
Ok...let's see...

Name: Just uh....just "Owl" will do >_>

Haha, I love it Owl ^_^ so much character and fun, and the stitched together clothing is just perfect :P You'd have a good time talking to Mikkel about the woes of unemployment I'm sure

Waaaah, seeing all the SSSSonas interacting is great! I've a feeling you guys shouldn't be trusted around the rare and expensive books however, although that may be completely unjustified…...
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2015, 05:14:38 PM »

!!!!
i am bEAUTIFUL what sorcery is this!!!
also omg thank you for choosing purple for me I'm so happy
*is literally fully clad in purple-ish colours today*

Ah these are amazing! I love the ink, Haiz.

...also, it was surprisingly easy to find myself without looking at names. Thanks both of you for capturing my unimpressed face very well. ;)
thank you fellow ink friend!!!!!!
your unimpressed face is great

OrigamiOwl: !!!!!!! cutie alert
Curry: !!!!!!!!!!! cleansers!!!!!!! SO COOL
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2015, 07:07:44 PM »
À la my forum avatar:

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:18 PM »

OrigamiOwl don't worry about being late, that means I had more effort left over to put into your headshot! I love pencils okay
Seeing the ssssonas moving and interacting makes me so happy! (can't draw moving things for the life of me) I thought there were more cleansers here! =O

Can we add some kind of poll or something to keep track on how many we have of each job? Maybe it will make it easier for new people to pick out their jobs? I know I already picked skald, but I was considering cleanser as well, but figured there would be tons of them :P

À la my forum avatar:

You don't look quite as thrilled or confident as Emil does ;)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »
I believe we are currently in dire need of a Danish mechanic, if we are looking to fill niches.

Night scouts are relatively scarce as well, though I am thinking of remaking my self-insert with that in mind - there is an appeal to the wilderness. Even if it is full of scary monsters. It's something I am at least vaguely familiar with. Plus the more time I spend on this forum the deeper my interest in Finland grows.

Plus now that I have read Lauffy's small essay on staves I don't think I would ever have the patience for that! Better just straight up talk to the spirit.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2015, 11:59:24 PM »
You don't look quite as thrilled or confident as Emil does ;)

"Can someone, uh, please take this out of my hand??"

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #254 on: March 31, 2015, 04:40:16 AM »

"curry the gremlin"
CURRY THE GREMLIN. HELP. X'D I actually cried real tears and a family member knocked on my door asking if I was ok.
Also: aaaaaaaa!!! :D I also love pencil. O_O pencilssss.