Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842619 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2015, 05:16:14 AM »
RPing sounds like fun! I have only RPed a little before and only textbased, but I'd definitely join :D I don't mind the slower pace since I'm in Japan and probably have very different times to you all.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »
I find it interesting that you're born in Luleå yet speak Finnish. Did your family move to Finland shortly after you were born?

Whoops... apologies, was very tired and quite rushed when trying to get even that much up. Huzzah for Minniondom - if I'd made that mistake anywhere else, I might've been shouted into a hole :P
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

P__

« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:04 PM »
I see talk about RPing...
SSSS: The RPG thread is here. It's not finished, and still in (not so active) development. Any contributions, suggestions, etc. are very welcome
The 1st version of the rules as they are (quite bulky and not entirely complete) here. Magic, Monsters and Cats are not implemented yet
any and all other documents can be found in my signature, just follow the link. If you'd like to be allowed to add/edit content in the folder, send me your gmail address via MP
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

mamelukkikala

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »

Name: Katariina Suorsa (fun fact: that surname was one of my ancestor's maiden name)
Nationality: Finnish
Area of Birth: Joutenvesi
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Mage
Languages: :finland:, a bit of :sweden:

I wasn't so sure what she would wear, so I just drew the uniform Lalli has.
I might post more about her if I think of something.
Native : :finland:
Fluent : :uk:
Somewhat : :germany: :sweden: :japan:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »

Name: Katariina Suorsa (fun fact: that surname was one of my ancestor's maiden name)

Wow what a pretty art style!! She's super cute and I love how you drew her face!
YEET

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2015, 02:18:50 PM »

WOAH your art style is incredibly pretty! I sincerely hope you'll be posting some fanart in the art museum sometime soon

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2015, 02:31:45 PM »

The name sounds like the Finnish equivalent of Caterine Sforza  ;D
And yes, the picture is really pretty.

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2015, 06:50:12 PM »
finally had some free time, and as a result i have this to show for it! i'm reaching for a few family heritage names so my self-insert doesn't sound totally out of place, but otherwise here you go! this is me, ssss-style.

Gudrun Randaberg
Nationality: Norwegian
Area of Birth: Leikanger
Profession: Troll hunter
Languages: :norway: :iceland:

Gudrun has been training under the watchful eye of her dad to be one of Norway's military élite from about the time she learned how to speak, and learned how to shoot as she was still taking her tottering first steps. But just because you're good at something doesn't mean you like it. So despite the fact that she's a crack shot and a clever military mind, Gudrun loathes her work and yearns for the opportunity to go somewhere nice and safe and sophisticated—a shot at the big city, Reykjavík, is what she really wants more than anything, possibly doing something in the city's high culture, like music or writing. But until she catches her big break, it's the daily grind of troll hunting for her.

– Father's side of the family hails from Stavanger, mother's side were originally pre-Rash immigrants from Poland.
– Control freak. Enormous control freak.
– Spends a great deal of her free time writing; prefers Icelandic because of its greater accessibility.
– Wants to learn all the languages of the Known World, but Finnish is proving a bit of an obstacle.
– Fierce holly tea addict. Spends the rest of her free time trying to devise ways to make it stronger.
– Sometimes hides out during her shifts to knit things for her girlfriend. Totally worth the tongue-lashing from her boss.
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »
finally had some free time, and as a result i have this to show for it! i'm reaching for a few family heritage names so my self-insert doesn't sound totally out of place, but otherwise here you go! this is me, ssss-style.
Gudrun has been training under the watchful eye of her dad to be one of Norway's military élite from about the time she learned how to speak, and learned how to shoot as she was still taking her tottering first steps. But just because you're good at something doesn't mean you like it. So despite the fact that she's a crack shot and a clever military mind, Gudrun loathes her work and yearns for the opportunity to go somewhere nice and safe and sophisticated—a shot at the big city, Reykjavík, is what she really wants more than anything, possibly doing something in the city's high culture, like music or writing. But until she catches her big break, it's the daily grind of troll hunting for her.

– Father's side of the family hails from Stavanger, mother's side were originally pre-Rash immigrants from Poland.
– Spends a great deal of her free time writing; prefers Icelandic because of its greater accessibility.
– Wants to learn all the languages of the Known World, but Finnish is proving a bit of an obstacle.
– Fierce holly tea addict. Spends the rest of her free time trying to devise ways to make it stronger.
– Sometimes hides out during her shifts to knit things for her girlfriend. Totally worth the tongue-lashing from her boss.

I think I am in love @_@
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2015, 06:55:54 PM »
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING

Your character looks great, and makes me even more determined to draw my own self-insert properly. And you get all the cookies for interesting character bio

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2015, 06:56:52 PM »
I think I am in love @_@
SAME
and oh gosh your style is fantastic

edit: forgot to comment on mamelukkikala's adorable mage!!!! so pretty
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:10:23 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2015, 06:59:11 PM »

Gudrun Randaberg

What a cool character!! Also this drawing is so pretty! I cannot wait to draw everybody I have to start that soon or else I'll never be able to catch up with all the new members... You guys are all great!!
YEET

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »

Gudrun Randaberg

Hellooooo fellow troll hunter  ;D Wow, don't you have just the best bio (picture is also mostest bestest of course let us not forget). It feels like this character and story must have been bubbling in your mind for some time to have everything so developed. Good thing this thread popped up so that the rest of us could see as well ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2015, 07:27:47 PM »
Hellooooo fellow troll hunter  ;D Wow, don't you have just the best bio (picture is also mostest bestest of course let us not forget). It feels like this character and story must have been bubbling in your mind for some time to have everything so developed. Good thing this thread popped up so that the rest of us could see as well ^_^

heh. i spent all weekend thinking about it but i didn't have any free time to sit down and draw or write it out! so when the weekend was over i had to get it all out of my system. i'm glad you like it! and i'm sure your & my character would probably cross paths sooner or later, what with it being a much smaller world. :)
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

Fenris

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »
Simply to make everyone else's drawing look much better by comparison, here's mine.

Kurt Blom
Area of Birth: Hitra
Profession: Soldier
Languages: :norway:

Soldier of the Norwegian Army, frequently put on guard duty during feasts of any sort on virtue of an incident involving lasting bootprint imprints on a table, loud incoherent singing, a traumatical dancing display and the tragic destruction of one of the last pieces of pre-Rash electronic musical players (along with their batteries).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:07:26 PM by Fenris »