Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 831135 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #5055 on: September 03, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »
*HUGE round of applause*

This was amazing! It's been a fun, wild ride of a story, wavewright, and thanks for giving it to us. I was so surprise to read the last paragraph, it made me so happy! So happy, in fact, that I felt the need to illustrate it:
Spoiler: show

(Reynir happens to be my favorite character, so Madeline meeting him in the Silent World is too perfect!)

Looking forward to the epilogue!

Thank you so much!  I  XoX love XoX the illustration - may I pleeeease use it in the story?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:56:54 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #5056 on: September 03, 2017, 09:57:38 PM »
Thank you so much!  I  XoXlove XoX the illustration - may I pleeeease use it in the story?

:D :D :D I'd be honored! I'm glad you like it!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #5057 on: September 04, 2017, 11:25:30 AM »
As posted in the SSSS Scriptorium thread, I bring you the last chapter *throws confetti* of the crack opus now given its proper title: "Stranded."
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/27108273

There will be an epilogue to catch up with what happens to some of these characters, but otherwise this is done, finito. 
I will go through and do a fix-up of continuity errors as best I can at some point.

*slowclap*

So is this the canon AU story of how Madeline got out into the silent world in the first place? Because that would be rad.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #5058 on: September 04, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »

*slowclap*

So is this the canon AU story of how Madeline got out into the silent world in the first place? Because that would be rad.

Canon AU? As far as the AU goes, it is how wavewright chose to write it, and I think she worked it in super well.

As far as the RP and the backstory that I have in my mind, Madeline snuck over to Sweden and got across by boat. In the regular canon, I don't know how likely it would be for a rescue truck to cross over and give her that opportunity, though we'll have to see where the comic goes.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

Mentha_spicata

• Tumblr
« Reply #5059 on: September 05, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »
After getting through half or so of this topic, I am in abslute awe of your imagination, skill, humour, and general wonderfulness.
As for getting inspired, I have as of now made basic notes about two self inserts (on different levels of biographical accuracy) and almost a dozen other characteres, started multiple times to try to draw anything resambling a human being and failed (maybe I should come up with a hideous troll character, that I could draw) and also I have reclaimed almost 3000 of photos from a family tour to Nordkapp from 12 years ago, under the pretext of doing some unrelated research.
At the moment I'm pretty much stuck halfway through just posting all the info here after cleaning the edges a bit for perfectionism posterity and maybe fit one or some of them into one of many adventures that go on (or will go on) in here (though would anyone need an undereducated, non-immune girl from Lofoten? She's my fave), and just plainly writing a one-shot-or-not fanfic.
Should I do both? Neither?...

(Both. Both is good.(?))
(This has been an appreciation and/or warning post.)
Native: :poland:
Fluent: :uk:
Getting better: :russia: :france: :vaticancity:
Bits and pieces: :germany:
Passive use only: :italy: :sweden:
Dreams about: :sign: :iceland:
:artd: :)
---
And there was silence all around! The emptiness reigning forever!
Why do you mock that emptiness although it doesn’t mock you ever?

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5060 on: September 05, 2017, 04:58:34 PM »
After getting through half or so of this topic, I am in abslute awe of your imagination, skill, humour, and general wonderfulness.
As for getting inspired, I have as of now made basic notes about two self inserts (on different levels of biographical accuracy) and almost a dozen other characteres, started multiple times to try to draw anything resambling a human being and failed (maybe I should come up with a hideous troll character, that I could draw) and also I have reclaimed almost 3000 of photos from a family tour to Nordkapp from 12 years ago, under the pretext of doing some unrelated research.
At the moment I'm pretty much stuck halfway through just posting all the info here after cleaning the edges a bit for perfectionism posterity and maybe fit one or some of them into one of many adventures that go on (or will go on) in here (though would anyone need an undereducated, non-immune girl from Lofoten? She's my fave), and just plainly writing a one-shot-or-not fanfic.
Should I do both? Neither?...

(Both. Both is good.(?))
(This has been an appreciation and/or warning post.)

Re: art- if you can write, ask around for an art trade with someone.

Re: characters- post who you've got. Someone will find a use for them in all likelihood, and the SIs might find a spot in the RP.

Re: fanfic. Write away!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #5061 on: September 08, 2017, 11:10:01 AM »
Heh, the chapter cover looks quite a bit like how I imagine Madeline's home looks like, with the stairs and the kitchen in the inner room. That is the one bright spot relieving my worry about upcoming events.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5062 on: September 17, 2017, 05:11:32 AM »
Teaser: most of the vignettes for the Epilogue for 'Stranded' are written, except for the wedding scene.
*evil cackle*

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #5063 on: September 17, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
Wedding scene?

D'arvit there's a few ships that could fit.... AUUUUGH!

*begins putting together a giant string based wall connect the dots esque puzzle to try and determine who is most likely to get married in the epilogue and can't quite figure it out.*

*mutters quietly in a corner*

At least it can't be Kristján, he's an asshat...
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #5064 on: September 17, 2017, 12:06:39 PM »
HMMMMMM I think I have my top pick for the wedding scene... In fact, I think it's the ship that's been there from the start. ;)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5065 on: September 17, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »
HMMMMMM I think I have my top pick for the wedding scene... In fact, I think it's the ship that's been there from the start. ;)

?? Now who is the Icelandic quarantine ship going to marry, hmmm?   ;)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #5066 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
?? Now who is the Icelandic quarantine ship going to marry, hmmm?   ;)
>_>

Tuuri's boat, obviously.

<_<

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5067 on: September 17, 2017, 08:49:56 PM »
>_>

Tuuri's boat, obviously.

<_<

I don't know, I hear she gets around, if you know what I mean.  Swims out to meet troopships, even.

OTOH, I never named Tuuri's boat.  *scratches chin*  I wonder if I should, when I get around to the continuity edits.  *scratches chin some more*  Aino comes to mind.  *puts lotion on scratched chin*  yesssss...  Whaddya think?  References both her ancestor and Finnish mythology, I kinda like it.  I'll think some more.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5068 on: September 18, 2017, 03:37:19 PM »
Teaser: most of the vignettes for the Epilogue for 'Stranded' are written, except for the wedding scene.
*evil cackle*
Looking forward to the epilouge!
Ooohhh, wearing scene?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5069 on: September 28, 2017, 05:52:31 AM »
It.
Is.
Done.
(tympani go boom-boom boom-boom boooom)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/27729420
Epilogue.

Edits are still proceeding, but this is now a finished work.  Thank you all for your patience.