Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2495808 times)

KMK

• Scout
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #8670 on: January 25, 2016, 11:24:48 PM »
OKAYyYYY i see it's time for an obnoxious haiz PSA because this keeps happening

please please please please don't do this thing
I know there's plenty evidence in the past that this'll work, but
not right now, maybe not anymore at all

first of all i haven't even SEEN monthy python and i'm 1000% uncomfortable making a crossover of a kind if i don't know the content. and there is a LOT of movies/series out there i have no clue about because i'm a weird hermit that watches mostly cartoons but yeah that's another issue i guess.

i KNOW you don't necessarily mean these "requests" seriously, but I take them seriously and it stresses me out! it shouldn't feel like it's my responsibility to draw every single funny moment you come up with! it feels like elementary school again, where every single classmate is telling me to draw this or that or whenever some teacher draws something wonky on the blackboard and everyone says you should draw it instead and you sit there like *internal screaming*

also, like........ the art reflex response loses a lot of its comedic effect if you ask me to do it. it'll be expected, and it'll be forced. if someone asks for it, it's not a proper art reflex, y'know? then it's just a request, and requests are responsibility and GUESS WHO INVENTED THE "POOR NEGLECTED RESPONSIBILITIES MEME"
(hint: me, because responsibilities make me cry)

you may also have noticed there has been a decline in both actual art reflexes and haiz activity in this very thread. the reason for that is that i'm really low on energy lately, and i have a lot of other things i'm trying to do. it makes me really sad because there's a lot of really great art here that deserves some really great comments but i can't seem to find the energy to comment!!! and i'm sorry!! which means there's even less energy for me to be at the beck and call of everyone who does a coughy comment of my art reflex in specific, y'know? i just can't keep up with my past self on this!

TL;DR: please don't specifically request art reflexes specifically from me, it's kinda stressful!
please!!! please don't expect things from me unless it's something i've signed up for

(also trinka i'm not angry at you!!! i just have a lot of pent-up stressy frustrations as a result of a lot of people going "HAHA HAIZ ART REFLEX SHOULD HAPPEN NOW" for a long while)

Well then, first: Don't stress! If you have never seen Monty Python's The Holy Grail then you definitively need that back ground first. If you like cartoons The Holy Grail should make you laugh like crazy. Enjoy it. Then if you feel inspired to make a crossover go for it. It is just that those of us you have seen it and know the humor of your illustrations know that you are a good match for it. Don't feel compelled to rush it. Enjoy the movie and if you are inspired: yeah! If not we will all survive.

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #8671 on: January 26, 2016, 12:48:49 AM »
Speaking of Reypunzel, I made some art. (And then I made a fanfic to go with the art. And then I ran away to live in the woods with all the other crazy people adventurers.)

Note: Because I am a Serious Artist I feel the need to point out that foreshortening a figure (for instance a knight errant seen from a tall tower) is something you should practice drawing from references so you really know what you're doing. You definitely shouldn't google "how to foreshorten a figure seen from above" at midnight and just fly by the seat of your pants. Nope, definitely shouldn't do that.

Also, there is one more shippy thing, under the spoiler for your convenience.

Spoiler: show
I spent all day at work drawing this silly thing and hoping nobody would ask to see what I was doing.

Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8672 on: January 26, 2016, 01:54:13 AM »
So many new AUs I didn't know I needed but I did need them!

Ahahahah beautiful! I'm dying to see Siv as C-3PO (Siv-3PO?)...

Is there still space on the Reypunzel train? :D

There's ALL the seats on the Reypunzel train, this is so lovely and awesome and I don't know how I can handle this AU so early in the morning! :D

Awww why are these two so perfect for this AU? It's not just the hair. Love the lace on Reynir's tunic/dress!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #8673 on: January 26, 2016, 02:13:57 AM »
Speaking of Reypunzel, I made some art. (And then I made a fanfic to go with the art. And then I ran away to live in the woods with all the other crazy people adventurers.)

Yes, the Reypunzel fic was good and silly, but I was a teeny bit disappointed you didn't put in the "let down your hair" rhyme.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8674 on: January 26, 2016, 02:26:52 AM »

...I never knew I needed to see Tuuri as a knight's errant until now. I love it.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #8675 on: January 26, 2016, 04:59:43 AM »
<snip>
Note: Because I am a Serious Artist I feel the need to point out that foreshortening a figure (for instance a knight errant seen from a tall tower) is something you should practice drawing from references so you really know what you're doing. You definitely shouldn't google "how to foreshorten a figure seen from above" at midnight and just fly by the seat of your pants. Nope, definitely shouldn't do that.

I spent all day at work drawing this silly thing and hoping nobody would ask to see what I was doing.

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee I love these so much these are wonderful ~!!! <3<3<3
Rabbit I love your coloring on this one coughcoughI'll try jumping in the bandwagon later
Kiraly:eeeeeeeee yes to the shippy ship >u<)b Also that fic was great !
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:06:46 AM by shaeira »
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #8676 on: January 26, 2016, 07:07:21 AM »
Rabbit, Kiraly: Arflf that's a great train, Reypunzel is perfect! Grand moff Trond:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:33:12 AM by Unlos »

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8677 on: January 26, 2016, 08:04:51 AM »
Eeee, thank you!
..someone stop me. The Reynir strangling toothmonster is very tempting, but too much to take on this late in the evening. Up at 6 in the morning ugh.
This was exactly how I envisioned it xD

HI guys I drew some Y70 Hotakainens

(Original much better hq version: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/138009157853/hotakainen-family-year-70-headcanon-onnis-mom)
Wow, this is gorgeous! I love mama Hotakainen's smile~

That hair *O*

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #8678 on: January 26, 2016, 08:10:18 AM »
Awww why are these two so perfect for this AU? It's not just the hair. Love the lace on Reynir's tunic/dress!

Hehe, thanks! At first I was going to draw Reynir in his normal clothes and then I was like "wait...WHY would I do that?" Clearly lace was necessary.

Yes, the Reypunzel fic was good and silly, but I was a teeny bit disappointed you didn't put in the "let down your hair" rhyme.

I know! I meant to put it in there somewhere and I forgot. Maybe I'll draw another doodle with Tuuri saying it later.
Glad you enjoyed the fic even so. :)

...I never knew I needed to see Tuuri as a knight's errant until now. I love it.

:)) Sir Tuuri was soooo fun to draw (once I googled foreshortening figured out how to draw her.) I'm sort of thinking about turning her or Princess Reynir into my forum avatar but haven't decided which one yet.

Rabbit, Kiraly: Arflf that's a great train, Reypunzel is perfect!

Thanks! And oh man, that is a great Trond! (Have I said how amazing the other Star Wars crossovers are? I think maybe I stopped after I ran off with your Reynir, but all of them have been perfect!)

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee I love these so much these are wonderful ~!!! <3<3<3
Rabbit I love your coloring on this one coughcoughI'll try jumping in the bandwagon later
Kiraly:eeeeeeeee yes to the shippy ship >u<)b Also that fic was great !

YES YES JOIN THE BANDWAGON!!! *coughs* I mean, I'm glad you're enjoying these!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #8679 on: January 26, 2016, 08:36:37 AM »

Yaaaaaaaay more Princess Reynir! (Not particularly into the shippy stuff, but anything involving Reynir in a tower still makes my day.)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #8680 on: January 26, 2016, 10:03:27 AM »
I haven't been keeping a close eye on this. So many great arts - too many to comment individually. You are all awesome, please continue to be wonderful, yes. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8681 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:43 PM »
I can't comment all these wonderful art individually either, but I love every piece.

Over the weekend I was able to finish some old drawings/paintings; so I drop here this Sigrun in her natural habitat.
(#anatomyisfortheweak)

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8682 on: January 26, 2016, 05:53:58 PM »

WhoooaaAAAAHHHHH NICE. I love the pose, the colours and the sheer Sigrunness of it all! Don't understand why the others look so tired, running to a mountaintop in a blizzard surely counts as just a warm-up.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #8683 on: January 26, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »
I can't comment all these wonderful art individually either, but I love every piece.

Over the weekend I was able to finish some old drawings/paintings; so I drop here this Sigrun in her natural habitat.
(#anatomyisfortheweak)

I love how much fun she's having!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #8684 on: January 26, 2016, 09:57:38 PM »
Lazy8 I'm glad you like the drawings! (And apologies for the shippy stuff, I know not everyone is into that.)
I agree, the more Reynirs in towers, the better. :)

(#anatomyisfortheweak)

This is great! Sigrun is in her element...which is more than can be said for her companions, haha.
(Also, anatomy...*shudders* I try to pretend it doesn't apply to me when I'm drawing. It's the only way I can live with the results, heh.)