Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2478015 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5985 on: August 28, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »

Clever girl...

Hah, very nice, that's a cross over I'd definitely read! I didn't know Asterix was known outside of Europe.

Fenris

« Reply #5986 on: August 28, 2015, 10:58:54 AM »

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #5987 on: August 28, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »
Been ages since I've had something to share on this board.

Fenris earned a sketch request from me a while ago, and I've finished it.

"Asterix and Obelix as cleansers and Idefix as cat (and maybe Getafix as a skald if possible?)"

(I compromised, Idefix is a grade A dog) (I cannot draw Idefix as anything but a dog) (it is not a possible thing)

Nice! I really the colours here.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #5988 on: August 28, 2015, 11:01:59 AM »
Been ages since I've had something to share on this board.

Fenris earned a sketch request from me a while ago, and I've finished it.

"Asterix and Obelix as cleansers and Idefix as cat (and maybe Getafix as a skald if possible?)"

(I compromised, Idefix is a grade A dog) (I cannot draw Idefix as anything but a dog) (it is not a possible thing)

I approve of this.

Hah, very nice, that's a cross over I'd definitely read! I didn't know Asterix was known outside of Europe.

Well, Lenny lives in Europe... Also, I thought Asterix was know pretty much everywhere.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #5989 on: August 28, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »

Me being half European, it's not a surprise that I know of it.

However, all the Asterix albums are in our local library and most school libraries, too, and it was a huge favourite among many of my classmates throughout school.

So in Australia, at least, it is definitely known.

(The local library has begun collecting all the rereleases of the Lucky Luke albums, too, hehe.)

And yes I would definitely read this crossover, too.

That's fantastic! Thank you.

You are very welcome! That was the best idea :D Super fun to draw, too.

I approve of this.

Well, Lenny lives in Europe... Also, I thought Asterix was know pretty much everywhere.

I've met people who have not heard of Asterix. Most of these have been from the US of A.

And thanks!

Nice! I really the colours here.

Sorry, didn't see you first time around. Thank you!
Am notified of private messages via email.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5990 on: August 28, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »

She does now. I can guarantee you that Asterix is not as widely known in countries outside Europe.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5991 on: August 28, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »
That's wonderful!  Of course Sigrun would be the most best with a soccer ball.  But what is Emil doing -- begging Mikkel for sunblock to avoid the tragedy of face-cancer?  And what is Lalli eating -- Paulista biscuits, salted or sweet?  Brigadeiros?

He's eating ice cream bars! (sorvete! one of the few words i know!)

I saw this come across my dash and loved it. Especially Reynir with the fútbol jersey. :D

Thank you!!

Yep, starfallz got it! ;D
Lalli is eating picolés, which can be translated as popsicles, but I think ice cream bars is a better way to put it.
Emil is probably dying from something, the heat is too much for him. And obviously, Mikkel is the dad who brings with him all the water and sunblock because nobody else remembers these things.

*happy dance*

I can't decide what I like best - Reynir in football T-shirt taking a selfie with a palm tree, or Lalli buying/steeling (?) all the ice cream, or Mikkel in floral print shirt trolling with poor Emil  :D
And of course Sigrun would challenge all the local guys - "Football? How hard can it be? I'm most best!"

I'm glad you like it!!
Sigrun playing football was one of these ideas that I thought were too good to let it pass. She would learn how to play in a few minutes and put everyone else to shame. ;D

Daéa Reina, both pics are great, but Lalli stealing all those ice cream absolutely takes the cake for me.

Thank you!!

Ana: Wow, these are really good!! How many Tim Burtons do we have hiding in this forum? :O

shoop: Your drawings are really cute! I specially like Reynir's expression and tiny angry Sigrun.

Mogram: I can't see your drawings, they are all blocked for me, and I don't know why! D:
I bet my antivirus is acting like a megalomaniac again, and thinking everything is a threat. It doesn't even let me listen to Spotify. -_-

Lenny: AAAA, this is so perfect!! This is a crossover that I never thought about, and I love it!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #5992 on: August 28, 2015, 12:37:41 PM »
She does now. I can guarantee you that Asterix is not as widely known in countries outside Europe.

Technically I returned to Europe. I used to live here earlier.

Also, as mentioned, it's pretty popular in Australia. I found it easier to find Tintin albums in South Africa rather than Asterix ones... but Asterix is pretty well known, there, too. *has a copy of Asterix and Cleopatra in Afrikaans* Many people should at least know of it, even if they haven't actually read it. (Tintin still seems more popular, though.)

Lenny: AAAA, this is so perfect!! This is a crossover that I never thought about, and I love it!

Thank Fenris, he thought of it! But thanks~
Am notified of private messages via email.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5993 on: August 28, 2015, 12:46:30 PM »
Ana Nymus, this is amazing and please do more Burton-style, they're awesome.
Ana: Wow, these are really good!! How many Tim Burtons do we have hiding in this forum? :O

Aww, thanks you guys *blushes*. I'm going to echo Trinka here and suggest that everyone try this style: it's a ton of fun and not too hard to get the hang of. And the macabre-ness of it all works so well with SSSS, too!  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #5994 on: August 28, 2015, 01:12:05 PM »
Yes, we have Asterix in Australia. In several languages. I used the comics, years ago, to teach my kids to read French. They loved it.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5995 on: August 28, 2015, 01:27:43 PM »
Aww, thanks you guys *blushes*. I'm going to echo Trinka here and suggest that everyone try this style: it's a ton of fun and not too hard to get the hang of. And the macabre-ness of it all works so well with SSSS, too!  ;D

HmmmMMMMmmmmmMMMmmMMMMMMM OKAY I'M CONVINCED

It's been moved to the top of my list, as a warmup for my art trade with Trinka ;3c Expect some pictures of the team in Burton style sometime in the future
YEET

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #5996 on: August 28, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »
AGH SO mUCH GOOD ART I'm totally out of energy so blanket statement (**** HILLS AND **** LACK OF AIR CONDITIONING)

:O BUT BRO how could you not post the other part of the team?? we have to fix this. i mean how could you forget:
very cute lil' reynir

"disgruntled father"

and of course,

IT'S A GOOD THING I GOT U COVERED BRO no need 2 thank me

Edit: just clarifying that these all are drawn by Shoop, not me ;w;

*tired but excited screeching in the distance*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #5997 on: August 28, 2015, 02:25:42 PM »
Now, for some art museum statistics!

I've used my data to find out how many stand alone arts there are of each of the main characters. So these are the stats for pictures containing just Lalli or just Reynir. This doesn't account for images with multiple characters in them. (I'll do that later)

So. As of this morning last night when I went to bed there were 1433 arts in the art museum.
62 or 4% are just Mikkel
85 or 6% are just Tuuri
141 or 10% are just Emil
188 or 13% are just Reynir
210 or 15% are just Sigrun
267 or 19% are just Lalli

Laufey you gotta get on those Sigrun drawings

Aaaaand because I was curious:
74 or 5% are images containing Lalli and Emil together

Hope you all found this interesting! I'll be back with more at some point in the future.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #5998 on: August 28, 2015, 02:33:20 PM »
So. As of this morning last night when I went to bed there were 1433 arts in the art museum.
62 or 4% are just Mikkel
85 or 6% are just Tuuri
141 or 10% are just Emil
188 or 13% are just Reynir
210 or 15% are just Sigrun
267 or 19% are just Lalli

In that case, there is officially not enough Mikkel on this thread.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5999 on: August 28, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »
In that case, there is officially not enough Mikkel on this thread.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Mikkel and Tuuri both need a little fanart-love here *runs to sketchbooks*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!