Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496237 times)

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #5355 on: July 25, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »
Well it takes longer and I do not have a scanner (I have but the program do not work on Win7, only XP, but since april my old computer (and still strongest) does not work, that has an old XP [next to win7]...)
I dunno how I will scan them....

basically this is what I draw in comic, just saying
here some closer shots to parts which I am done or half done yet:

I draw them with ballpoint pen, it takes a bit long to shade and outline, especially on paper.... I am still unsure of the text part, I feel my english is bad and it can't be just corrected so easily if I make a mistake.
if I can think I could just draw the pic with no text and add the text on computer, but I dunno if I could do it so I can't do anything yet I guess

It's so awesome!!

If you're unsure about the text globes... well, I've seen some people that make their comics by hand add little cut globe texts from a different sheet of paper, so they can fit and rearrange them freely before deciding where to place them, not to talk about correcting typos and stuff (and it works if they want to make translations to other languages too!)
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5356 on: July 25, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
It's so awesome!!

If you're unsure about the text globes... well, I've seen some people that make their comics by hand add little cut globe texts from a different sheet of paper, so they can fit and rearrange them freely before deciding where to place them, not to talk about correcting typos and stuff (and it works if they want to make translations to other languages too!)
thank you~
yes, I decided to do that, I am already outlining everything, all BGs, later I will do the texts, where I would need some help because I am unsure of some stuffs, what I could say or write there.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #5357 on: July 25, 2015, 11:39:36 PM »
thank you~
yes, I decided to do that, I am already outlining everything, all BGs, later I will do the texts, where I would need some help because I am unsure of some stuffs, what I could say or write there.

^^ *raises hand*

(English's not my mother language, but I'd say it could turn out to be understandable haha. I'm sure we can ask some native english speakers to check everything's in order ^^)
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #5358 on: July 26, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »
^^ *raises hand*

(English's not my mother language, but I'd say it could turn out to be understandable haha. I'm sure we can ask some native english speakers to check everything's in order ^^)

I as a native speaker would be happy to volunteer my services  :). Anything to get more fan-comics of Mikkel out into the world!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #5359 on: July 26, 2015, 03:21:29 AM »
^^ *raises hand*

I can help :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #5360 on: July 26, 2015, 03:28:28 AM »
^^ *raises hand*

I also can help if you want.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #5361 on: July 26, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »
I promised I'd have the Attack on Titan Sigrun finished by the end of the week, and wow would you look at that, I actually kept a deadline for once!

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #5362 on: July 26, 2015, 03:11:00 PM »
thank you~

Just a little fun fact, Prague Race does it in this way, it can look really good and natural. The comic looks so freaking amazingly beautiful btw! Goodluck with it!  ;D

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5363 on: July 26, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »

hhhhhhooooooly wow
this is so cool
the perspective
the background
FEARLESS SQUAD LEADER SIGRUN
SLAYER OF GIANTS
yes
so much yes
you'll know where to find me.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #5364 on: July 26, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »
I promised I'd have the Attack on Titan Sigrun finished by the end of the week, and wow would you look at that, I actually kept a deadline for once!

That poker face is full of win! Awesome job!
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #5365 on: July 26, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »
close ups

does anyone else worked with ballpoint pen before? any good tops got to do it look better? especially how to make BG and landscape mostly
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5366 on: July 26, 2015, 07:33:03 PM »
I realized the other day when I posted about avatars that I didn't recall ever putting up my first ever SSSS fanart(s). So... here's a flashback to 2014:

also I'm in an art slump so...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5367 on: July 26, 2015, 08:52:50 PM »
Haha I'm not in an art slump exactly i just dont know what to draw i have millions of headshots but nothing concrete

so i'm taking prompt requests and stuff!
i'm 13 you know the rules
but i'll draw blood and stuff
yeah

so pm me
or
orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tumblr has a "anonymous" feature so you can send me prompts there if u don't want to message me here/would rather not have anyone know you requested that/aren't comfortable pm'ing me
even if u don't have a tumblr account

yay here it is you can also send me prompts here

i'll draw all of them
i swear

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #5368 on: July 27, 2015, 02:23:33 AM »
does anyone else worked with ballpoint pen before? any good tops got to do it look better? especially how to make BG and landscape mostly
Well... actually, I wouldn't make the BG in ballpoint pen. It's time-consuming and it might end up overpowering the characters because of all the details (though it depends on the style you choose). Try pencil or some light markers? Anyway, my advice is to keep it light and minimalist.

Piney, I really like your Mikkel :D

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5369 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:16 AM »
AquaAurion: ee congrats on reaching ranger! that is a Really Good Art and i love the progress thingie :3 lalli proves his felinity yet again

I drew a Lalli today, in Mélusine's notebook:

i didn't have any references available but I don't think I got the outfit too wrong
Thank you! :D I'm happy someone liked it!
That Lalli is very nice and I can't see anything off with the outfit ^w^

She looks so fierce! The titans should be running from her! ;)

Martti Kakkiainen: It's looking very good this far! :D

Piney: Oh, those look so sweet and there's definitely been improvement since then :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3