Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496250 times)

Coyoteslaugh

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4950 on: July 07, 2015, 04:08:26 PM »

Please disregard this background. I knew within seconds of beginning it that I would be redoing the entire thing inside GIMP (the same way I fixed the skulls between the pencil drawing of Lalli and the ink drawing). I'm not very good at free-handing man-made structures even things so simple as boxes, but thankfully, line and vector tools can make nice, uniform perspective lines in a flash.

I couldn't tell what Sigrun was wearing on her feet, but it seemed like a lot of the crew sleeps in sweaters and pants, so I figured she'd just gotten up, so I put her in her socks. I think she must tuck her pants into her boots (while other crew seems to have shoes built into their pants?) so I made the cuffs all wrinkled.

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #4951 on: July 07, 2015, 04:09:30 PM »
*Quitely sneaks in the fanart museum, looks around* H-hello. *fiddles* Sooo first fanart for SSSS. Heheh.

I started thinking, what if, in this old school building, off panel, Emil roamed around a bit and found an old confiscated gameboy and he brought it home, and he started playing it, and Lalli, curious as he can be, wants to find out why the weird Swede is looking so intensily at a screen, and both mesmerized by this ancient game, they sit on the bed and completely forget the Silent World around them? The result is this drawing, Emil is playing Tetris, manouvering a crooked beam down is very delicate work, that is why Emils tongue is sticking out. *nodsnods*

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4952 on: July 07, 2015, 04:26:57 PM »
Aqua: mermaidlalli!!!!!!!
RTR: very important
Coyoteslaugh: i.. can't stop staring at the sigrun............
wolfie: adorable!!

I'm feeling very wonky today, so effort and quality is not 100%
but

have dragons

mountaindwelling wyvern. her wings are much bigger when she spreads them out trust me

same dragontype as lalli just chubbier and fluffier
you'll know where to find me.

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #4953 on: July 07, 2015, 04:27:44 PM »
*Quitely sneaks in the fanart museum, looks around* H-hello. *fiddles* Sooo first fanart for SSSS. Heheh.

Aaaahhh! That is soo cute wolfie! YAY! for first fan art \o/ You did a pretty amazing job on this one. I really like how you did the hair :D and awwww cute kitty x3
*flops on Wolfy* keep on arting~
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #4954 on: July 07, 2015, 04:43:43 PM »
Aaaahhh! That is soo cute wolfie! YAY! for first fan art \o/ You did a pretty amazing job on this one. I really like how you did the hair :D and awwww cute kitty x3
*flops on Wolfy* keep on arting~

Thankyou *gets happily flopped on* :3 I am practicing on hair so hearing you like it makes me glad. *does little happy dance*

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4955 on: July 07, 2015, 05:39:46 PM »

today only one art, i just don't get one of the palette request, I try to figure out that, until I draw others, but this was the last.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4956 on: July 07, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »
RTR: YESSS! This made my day!! I'm in love with tiny Lalli, I want 100

Coyoteslaugh: Amazing, as usual!! So many little details in her clothing, and the way she is holding the book... Beautiful.

wolfie: Ohh, that's nice!! Now I want to see the whole crew entering a Tetris-addicted phase, when nobody does anything but play Tetris all day, and Mikkel is the only one who doesn't seem impressed by the game. ;D

Haiz: More dragons!! Eee!

Martti: I love Tuuri's pose in this!! She looks very excited to be shooting things...
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4957 on: July 07, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »

I couldn't tell what Sigrun was wearing on her feet, but it seemed like a lot of the crew sleeps in sweaters and pants, so I figured she'd just gotten up, so I put her in her socks. I think she must tuck her pants into her boots (while other crew seems to have shoes built into their pants?) so I made the cuffs all wrinkled.

I'm just going to pop in and give a link to my SSSS uniform breakdowns... they aren't up-to-date with the new (as of this chapter) pants details for Emil and Sigrun, but they should help. http://starfally.tumblr.com/tagged/ssssuniforms

Also, this series is really great. :)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4958 on: July 07, 2015, 06:49:32 PM »

*squees* COUSIN DYNAMICS

Have I mentioned how much I love your art style? No? Well I FLIPPING LOVE YOUR STYLE!!

On another note, I wonder how much training Tuuri has with weapons....
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Coyoteslaugh

« Reply #4959 on: July 07, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »
I'm just going to pop in and give a link to my SSSS uniform breakdowns... they aren't up-to-date with the new (as of this chapter) pants details for Emil and Sigrun, but they should help. http://starfally.tumblr.com/tagged/ssssuniforms

Ahh. I never saw any seams above the cords on Emil's ankles and wrists. I thought his clothes were all one continuous piece like fishing gear to keep insects and vermin out of his clothes. If you're burning, small critters run out of the grass, and may try to run up you.

Thank you for the link. It will be very helpful.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #4960 on: July 07, 2015, 08:39:06 PM »
Ahh. I never saw any seams above the cords on Emil's ankles and wrists. I thought his clothes were all one continuous piece like fishing gear to keep insects and vermin out of his clothes. If you're burning, small critters run out of the grass, and may try to run up you.

Thank you for the link. It will be very helpful.

I think there are only a few scenes where there is a line (page 233, for example). On page 224, there is a second pair of boots from the left that are half black and white and you can see Emil is sleeping in his pants, as well as wearing the half white and black pants on 225.

Of course, Minna often changes things, but those are the instances I found to support the pants and boots version I illustrated.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4961 on: July 07, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »

I started thinking, what if, in this old school building, off panel, Emil roamed around a bit and found an old confiscated gameboy and he brought it home, and he started playing it, and Lalli, curious as he can be, wants to find out why the weird Swede is looking so intensily at a screen, and both mesmerized by this ancient game, they sit on the bed and completely forget the Silent World around them? The result is this drawing, Emil is playing Tetris, manouvering a crooked beam down is very delicate work, that is why Emils tongue is sticking out. *nodsnods*

If a gameboy battery would actually last 90 years, THAT would be the real miracle XD But, cute picture! I like their socks C:
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Coyoteslaugh

« Reply #4962 on: July 07, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »

Ah, much better boxes. I did everything not Sigrun inside GIMP where I could correct the perspective. I included the gray sweater layer even though it's one of my color layers.

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #4963 on: July 07, 2015, 11:04:46 PM »

Ah, much better boxes. I did everything not Sigrun inside GIMP where I could correct the perspective. I included the gray sweater layer even though it's one of my color layers.

Eeep! Its turning out so nice! I have been following all your progress and just wanted to say your work is amazing ^.^
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4964 on: July 07, 2015, 11:17:09 PM »

I adore the way you draw Sigrun - her face, her hair, her posture, it's all so great.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: