Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496172 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4710 on: June 29, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »
I tend to default this one:

Aha! I knew you would answer. Success!
The Haiz has been summoned.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #4711 on: June 29, 2015, 10:46:21 AM »
Yaaay! Nice job, everyone! ;D

We should have a "there's too much new stuff on the art thread, but I want everyone to know that I like what I see" reaction image.
I tend to default this one:

Pretty much me as well^

@Antillanka Cries because the amount of cuteness just makes my heart to swell <3 I hope you do have online connection; I don't wanna miss any of your art.

Oh my gosh the details! I can't wait to see the colored version *_*

Aaand here's a speedpaint I did. I just wanted to practice perspective and I ended up drawing Lalli o.o

Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4712 on: June 29, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »
Aaand here's a speedpaint I did. I just wanted to practice perspective and I ended up drawing Lalli o.o

WOOOW, Kizzy that's gorgeous!! The lighting! And perspective! *-*
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4713 on: June 29, 2015, 11:15:49 AM »
Yay, self-insert weekend! \o/ Since I can't draw to save my life I started a comic instead! Only the first four pages are done yet, but there are more to come \o/
haha, and of course I chose to hang out with Emil, since he's the most best Swede (after me!) :D

Also eeee, all your awesome art! There aren't words! *flails with arms* such perfection *nods*
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4714 on: June 29, 2015, 11:26:39 AM »
Me and Lalli for self-insert day, not that kind of self-insert but drawing yourself with your fav characters apparently. I had a long list of characters I wanted to draw, which may or may not have included the entire SSSS crew, but in the end I only did this one (+ another I posted in the non-ssss art thread)
Self insert weekend posts commence - no surprises on who I would like to hang out with, the only problem is that me and Sigrun might go at the topic of hanging out a bit differently.

"Self-insert day/weekend"? Did I miss a semi-important announcement again?

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4715 on: June 29, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »
"Self-insert day/weekend"? Did I miss a semi-important announcement again?
Apparently! I found the notice hidden deep within Curry's tumblr so it wasn't exactly easy to find. You are forgiven and feel free to jump on the train a bit late <3
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4716 on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
FIRST OF ALL: there's so much awesome, new art here - I'm sorry I'm not commenting on them separately but I love them, every one of them!

I realized my 1000th post was nearing and originally planned on making something to celebrate it but, er, things happened. Mainly Mad Max: Fury Road happened, and while I try not to go insane here about how much I loved it I was so pumped afterwards that I couldn't get sleep. :D Or well, I could, today. Today I've been doing little else but sporadically falling asleep wherever so that's what I did today.

BUT then I found a little something.

Postcard base watercolour paper. Now my postcard stash will probably grow by a -

- Sigrun or tw-three.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4717 on: June 29, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
Laufey the Watercolour Goddess strikes again! Those are beautiful.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4718 on: June 29, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »
Postcard base watercolour paper. Now my postcard stash will probably grow by a -

- Sigrun or tw-three.
Watercolors, postcards, and Sigrun... We're losing Laufey ! ^^
It's always a pleasure to discover your new watercolors :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4719 on: June 29, 2015, 05:15:27 PM »
FIRST OF ALL: there's so much awesome, new art here - I'm sorry I'm not commenting on them separately but I love them, every one of them!

I realized my 1000th post was nearing and originally planned on making something to celebrate it but, er, things happened. Mainly Mad Max: Fury Road happened, and while I try not to go insane here about how much I loved it I was so pumped afterwards that I couldn't get sleep. :D Or well, I could, today. Today I've been doing little else but sporadically falling asleep wherever so that's what I did today.

- Sigrun or tw-three.

Oohh pretty! I like these very much. Also where did you find that paper I must get some
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4720 on: June 29, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
Thank you all! :D If I disappear for a while it just means I'll return once I run out of postcard bases...

Also where did you find that paper I must get some

Thing is, I don't even know - somewhere in the UK if the price tag is any hint, which means years, years ago. But I figure you could find them in places that sell artist supplies. Definitely worth the price, the paper is nice quality (though it dries a bit fast for my liking).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #4721 on: June 29, 2015, 06:32:45 PM »

- Sigrun or tw-three.

Mad Max!!! Whoa, that movie, gosh!!! I left the cinema leaping with excitement hahaha!!
Your Sigruns are the most best!! And congrats in your 1000th post!!!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Coyoteslaugh

« Reply #4722 on: June 30, 2015, 05:54:50 AM »

I planned to hold off posting until/if I finished coloring it, but inking changed the image so much, I wanted to share the coloring book version.  :) I fixed the three skulls and did what I could with the water. I rarely draw either, so both are pretty alien to me. I also added an arm to the hand behind Lalli's head that I didn't realize was missing in the pencil version.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4723 on: June 30, 2015, 06:20:27 AM »
I planned to hold off posting until/if I finished coloring it, but inking changed the image so much, I wanted to share the coloring book version.  :) I fixed the three skulls and did what I could with the water. I rarely draw either, so both are pretty alien to me. I also added an arm to the hand behind Lalli's head that I didn't realize was missing in the pencil version.

Wow!  You have *amazing* design sense.  This reminds me strongly of Winsor McCay (of "Little Nemo" fame), one of the best Art Nouveau/early 20th-century illustrators.  Some examples:

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #4724 on: June 30, 2015, 06:21:37 AM »

Wow! Now I really need to get a printer! (If I do get one, may I print this to color it?)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: