Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2495798 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2010 on: March 30, 2015, 06:07:44 PM »
HEY GUYS I BET YOU DIDN'T THINK I'D FINISH THIS

The delinquents are finished and also gorgeous!

Here are some Notable Things You Might Want to See but Not Notice In The Full Size Version
Coloring this was really fun and man I don't even know what else to say about it it speaks for itself
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:36:58 PM by Curry »
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2011 on: March 30, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »

- There was an ad for bunads (traditional norwegian folk dress, usually worn for may 17th) in the magazine on the plane, and as that magazine was my only source for references: BUNAD SIGRUN. I know almost nothing about which bunad is typical for what area, I don't even own a bunad myself, so I just. smushed together a various assortment of details from various bunads. the ultimate bunad

This is great! I was wondering when these would show up. Since it's probably from Aurland I assume it would be either sogn-style or Sundfjord-style, hard to say.

For those who want to see the various styles of bunad I recommend this site.

You've really outdone yourself this time, this is amazing~

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2012 on: March 30, 2015, 06:20:57 PM »
and now: comment raid

SCREECHES
THEY LOOK SO COOL
......... i have a strong urge to steal their clothes
especially sigrun's stockings *hugs enormous collection of striped stockings*

Sigrun would look so awesome in a bunad. *_* Except I'm almost expecting her to next do something really inappropriate, like I don't know, climb something, tell stories of her troll hunts mimicking the best parts, scratch her butt. Sigrun stuff.
SHE WOULD WOULDN'T SHE
Shenanigans involving a ginormous amount of flags

i'm super bad at being norwegian, i've only attended the 17th may parade, like, thrice in my life........ but one time one of my classmates was wearing red converses to her bunad. it was beautifully odd
(probably better than me going in mismatched striped stockings and that skirt i've had since 1st grade, but hey it's all white, blue and red. i try)

OH MY GOSH CHILDREN
I totally agree about Reynir and I love him he's. He's lovely. I love this. I love him
Sigrun is so pretty!! also I love Mikkel's nose :0 everything about this post is great.
CHILDREN
how do i stop drawing reynir. it's turning into a problem. he must stop it with his weird limbs and floofy hair and just. stop
also aaa thanks!!! it was a little hard to remember what Mikkel actually looked like but I TRIED MY BEST

This is great! I was wondering when these would show up. Since it's probably from Aurland I assume it would be either sogn-style or Sundfjord-style, hard to say.

For those who want to see the various styles of bunad I recommend this site.
aa neatooo! expect more bunad sigrun in the future because it was super fun to draw. also thank!!

I downloaded the Krita art program today!!! ;D ;D ;D
first order of businessdrawing I made on it was adorable Tuuri as queen of the trolls

!!!! actual-folklore troll tuuri sounds pretty great TBH

I wanted to draw a happy Emil and I thought a flower crown would be cute. Not sure if this is cute or creepy, but I tried.

MORE FLOWER CROWNS
also omg emil manages to look even more swedish than he already does somehow
it's amazing
also!! the colouring is super neat!

YES!Is the grandpa!
The witch autfit is actually inpired by Yubaba/Zeniba's dress +some random stuff i added coss old lady and fancy looking witch hat.
AW YIS i win at ghibli
except I should've been sure about yubaba/zeniba, but at least I mentioned spirited away hahahaha

you'll know where to find me.

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #2013 on: March 30, 2015, 06:22:57 PM »

Here are some Notable Things You Might Want to See but Not Notice In The Full Size Version
Coloring this was really fun and man I don't even know what else to say about it it speaks for itself
*puts face in hands* oh my god *sinks to my knees* oh my god *lays down on my face* oh my gOD
so much dETAIL, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION??!? IM FLOORIED SCREAMS LOOK AT THEM...i a d o r e the shading especially on their faces and lallis hair aaaahahhsdgfg i want to stare at thIS FOREVER ROLLS AROUND ON THE FLOOR...SLAY ME SLAY ME SLAY ME!!!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2014 on: March 30, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »
@Haiz: You're really good at drawing Reynir, and I can't help you unfortunately because I CAN'T STOP EITHER. (Also you made Mikkel look... rather pretty)

@Curry: I love the eyes, they were the the first thing I noticed! Sigrun looks especially rad. :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #2015 on: March 30, 2015, 08:29:14 PM »

- There was an ad for bunads (traditional norwegian folk dress, usually worn for may 17th) in the magazine on the plane, and as that magazine was my only source for references: BUNAD SIGRUN. I know almost nothing about which bunad is typical for what area, I don't even own a bunad myself, so I just. smushed together a various assortment of details from various bunads. the ultimate bunad

- I realized I have drawn Mikkel only once before. I had to fix this flaw

- I was in the middle of drawing Tuuri when the fest-your-seatbelt sign lit up for landing, so I didn't get to finish properly, or draw Emil or Lalli or anything else today........... anyway. if you ever have the sads, just think about tuuri on a plane. think about the joy

MIKKEL LOOKS LIKE A MAJESTIC LION. And- and Sigrun! That dress! And her expression, ahh!
Help me.
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2016 on: March 30, 2015, 09:08:24 PM »
I'm killed by the cute T^T

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2017 on: March 30, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »

This is my first fanart, and I did it of my favourite character, Lalli. Enjoy!  :)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #2018 on: March 30, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »
Soooo I sketched this when Reynir first appeared (to the whole crew, that is), spawned by a conversation with Jesty (I believe).
Uuuugh.

Hooray, late night sketches with no references!

EDIT: Looking at it again, it's far more apparent that this thing is probably going to eat my soul.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:47:21 PM by Adrai Thell »
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2019 on: March 30, 2015, 11:29:46 PM »
It is for welcoming new commenters specifically. Lars has been employing it since I made it. :D
I see! That's such a nice idea :D

HELLO FRIENDS i have survived my flight! and i was drawing the entire time. obviously
("this will be the last proper art you'll see from me in a while," ze said. AHAHAHAHAHA as if)
((fun fact 1: there was a guy that looked a lot like michael madsen seated on my row))

I started off a new sketchbook with these Reynirs. I feel so bad for drawing him so much more than the others, but he's so fun to draw?? with that ridiculous braid and his ridiculous feet and just. entire innate ridiculosity

Fun fact 2: i wanted to draw a lotta sheep around the first one but then. i realized. i have no idea what sheep look like when i don't have access to references. so i drew another reynir.
Fun fact 3: i spent a lot of time drawing so it's not as much of a coincidence as I'd like it to, but 'a Girl Worth Fighting For' started playing while drawing Reynir. it felt appropriate

- I realized I have drawn Mikkel only once before. I had to fix this flaw

- I was in the middle of drawing Tuuri when the fest-your-seatbelt sign lit up for landing, so I didn't get to finish properly, or draw Emil or Lalli or anything else today........... anyway. if you ever have the sads, just think about tuuri on a plane. think about the joy
YAY! for surviving!! :D These are amazing! I love the Reynir:s, especially the right one, and Sigrun in a bunad is just !! Gah, I don't have words for it!! I never thought I'd see Sigrun in a dress, but this totally suits her!

This turned out so much more awesome than I was imagining! ;D They're all so pretty and cool!!
I didn't notice the matching purple accessories first! =O Is that matching eyeshadow on Emil and Lalli? I just noticed Lallis piercing too!!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2020 on: March 31, 2015, 12:09:36 AM »
Argh there is too much art to post about properly! And it's all TOO BEAUTIFUL!
Curry -- Gangsta team: ALL THE YES.
Haiz -- Bunad Sigrun and Reynir: SO PRETTY. And yes, she probably is going to do something ridiculous.
Piney -- that braid-grab is vying with to-day's comic for "sweetest thing I've seen all day". ^u^
...and crap I have to go do a thing so blanket kudos to all of you!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2021 on: March 31, 2015, 12:50:58 AM »
*puts face in hands* FOREVER ROLLS AROUND ON THE FLOOR...SLAY ME SLAY ME SLAY ME!!!
I hope you're proud of yourself, I've started saying "slay me" whenever I'm overly excited about something, and my family has started giving me weird looks. But I don't care, it  just fits so well because I CAN'T HANDLE THIS GREATNESS END ME NOW! \(°0°)/
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2022 on: March 31, 2015, 01:04:31 AM »
Piney -- that braid-grab is vying with to-day's comic for "sweetest thing I've seen all day". ^u^

You don't even know how much of a compliment that is to me ^v^

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2023 on: March 31, 2015, 01:16:43 AM »
You don't even know how much of a compliment that is to me ^v^
Seriously though, that face! and the way he's got his shoulders all bunched up! Which, apart from the me-not-having-a-braid thing, is basically the body-language I'm doing right now! eeeeee!!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #2024 on: March 31, 2015, 10:00:40 AM »
So I did do more crew members for the Secret Agents AU... And I'm kinda happy with Sigrun. ::)

Lalli isn’t an agent to be exact, he’s more like an assassin, ‘cause hey, Lalli deceiving people and charming them for money? Nooot really… He can sneak anywhere though, and certainly knows how to do his job. I’m pretty sure the things he’s attaching to his glove are poisonous.

And as for Sigrun…. She’s Sigrun. She could be charming…if she wants to, but most of all, she’s bloody mad, terrifying, and she knows what she’s doing. And that is good, because she’s responsible for everyone on the field.

Did you say impossible? She’s Sigrun Eide, and that word doesn’t belong to her vocabulary.