Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496138 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1410 on: March 15, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »
*points at art* very nice

in my excitement for update happening soon, a new drawing has happened:

I know I'm not the first one to draw braidy with braid-scarf you can never have enough braid-scarf in my opinion
(I also stayed up long enough to doodle this for update to happen. good)
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1411 on: March 15, 2015, 09:08:48 PM »

I know I'm not the first one to draw braidy with braid-scarf you can never have enough braid-scarf in my opinion

So cute! I really love how you draw his face, and the coloring of the hair is beautiful, oh my gosh. Also, I love the glowy background (and everything about this drawing, honestly...)
YEET

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #1412 on: March 15, 2015, 10:15:59 PM »

Oh boy, Braidy sure looks fine in here. :D
Behold the braid scarf!

You can never go wrong with a braid scarf, not at all. ;)
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1413 on: March 15, 2015, 10:44:06 PM »

(Ah yes, I've drawn Braidy with a braid-scarf before.)
But I do love yours, the shading on the hair is nice, and the drape of the braid is spot-on. It makes it look like there's some weight to the hair.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1414 on: March 15, 2015, 10:55:51 PM »
It was agreed upon in the chat that I probably shouldn't post this in the forum, but I made a Lalli/Emil drawing (it's nothing explicit, but there is some nakedness involved <_<)

So yeah. Here. *throws link at you and flees*

EDIT: Link removed at Eich's request, but you can still find the drawing on my tumblr ;3

Oh gosh this is so cute! I like how innocent it feels, despite them being naked. Lalli looks a little young though, or am I getting old? xD

Welp. This was supposed to be a quick doodle. IT WAS NOT A QUICK DOODLE. I don't know what happened and how but I haven't blinked in a reeeeaaally long time. My eyes are watering. Send help.

Anyway, here, have this this sparkly bishie-Lalli *throws this at people*

So here's a closeup of our lil mage guy. Also, as you can see, my drawing style's not as consistent as I'd like it to be. Or this is just a thing that happens when the thing I'm drawing transforms from a doodle into a more detailed...thing.

Next time I'll probs draw a closeup of Emil, then Sigrun. Maybe also Mikkel, I dunno. I'm not good at beards. Also, I like drawing eyes. But then I always make the lashes so long and then every guy I draw looks kinda girly. Oh well.

I wish I could color like this =O I don't think I've seen a bishie-version of the SSSS cast before, but it fits Lalli (probably Emil and Braidy as well)! All my guys look girly as well OTL

I love how you did his hair! It looks really fluffy and nice ^^ What are the symbols?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #1415 on: March 15, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »

I can't see it, I wanna see! D:
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1416 on: March 16, 2015, 02:01:32 AM »
I would like to say that I just "threw this together really quick", but in reality it took me the better part of 5 hours. :/ I'm pretty slow when it comes to drawing, because I'm never satisfied with the art and keep tweaking, so I'm just going to call it done and post it to save my aching hand.
I was inspired by the conversation happening in the crossover thread. I'm not into Pokemon personally, but I have a thing for people and their animal counterparts, so the "who would have what pokemon" comments inspired me. I had to draw Lalli with Espeon. I might do the rest of the team if I feel like I have time to spare for it later.

We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1417 on: March 16, 2015, 03:35:28 AM »

I wildly appreciate this art, braid scarfs and the vegvísir-stave for the win! Is that a hint that Braidy'll need help in not getting lost all the time (vegvísir is supposed to always keep you on the right path to wherever you're going)? :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1418 on: March 16, 2015, 04:33:48 AM »
Oh gosh this is so cute! I like how innocent it feels, despite them being naked. Lalli looks a little young though, or am I getting old? xD

Hehehe, thank you! :3 Nah, you're probably just old xD (That or my drawing style just looks that way)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1419 on: March 16, 2015, 05:09:21 AM »
good morning everyone thanks for all the super nice comments

I love how you did his hair! It looks really fluffy and nice ^^ What are the symbols?
aaaa thanks!!! I drew braidy esPECIALLy because I wanted to draw nice and fluffy hair so that makes me happy!!! the symbols are the, uh, 'arms' of the Vegvisir - as someone pointed out already - it's an icelandic rune that's supposed to help you find your way through rough weather (according to wikipedia, I'm lazy. the name literally translates to 'wayfinder' anyhow). Because 1) braidy's our little lost kid and 2) I feel like it's a pretty well-known/mainstream rune so I can't go wrong with it if I wanna use fancy symbols for my doodle, but happen to not be an expert on runes (sorry, supposed viking cred)

I can't see it, I wanna see! D:
oh nooo, here's the link to the tumblr upload if it helps: http://unicorngender.tumblr.com/post/113742891109

I was inspired by the conversation happening in the crossover thread. I'm not into Pokemon personally, but I have a thing for people and their animal counterparts, so the "who would have what pokemon" comments inspired me. I had to draw Lalli with Espeon. I might do the rest of the team if I feel like I have time to spare for it later.

EEEEEEEEEE
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1420 on: March 16, 2015, 05:30:53 AM »
Hehehe, thank you! :3 Nah, you're probably just old xD (That or my drawing style just looks that way)

Well, both of them are the same age as my youngest sister, so maybe it's not that strange xD

Espeon works so well for Lalli ^^ I need to go and check out that thread!

good morning everyone thanks for all the super nice comments
aaaa thanks!!! I drew braidy esPECIALLy because I wanted to draw nice and fluffy hair so that makes me happy!!! the symbols are the, uh, 'arms' of the Vegvisir - as someone pointed out already - it's an icelandic rune that's supposed to help you find your way through rough weather (according to wikipedia, I'm lazy. the name literally translates to 'wayfinder' anyhow). Because 1) braidy's our little lost kid and 2) I feel like it's a pretty well-known/mainstream rune so I can't go wrong with it if I wanna use fancy symbols for my doodle, but happen to not be an expert on runes (sorry, supposed viking cred)

I actually hadn't heard about Vegvisir before. I love how many new things this forum teaches me ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1421 on: March 16, 2015, 05:37:08 AM »
...and 2) I feel like it's a pretty well-known/mainstream rune so I can't go wrong with it if I wanna use fancy symbols for my doodle, but happen to not be an expert on runes (sorry, supposed viking cred)

Accurate, it's one that can be used for all kinds of purposes. First of all it's a generic stave that doesn't have to be drawn in a really particular way, it's often used for decorations because it's such a benevolent kind and if you happen to actually believe in the staves it's also the kind that doesn't horribly backfire on you if you make mistakes in creating it. So: no risk in offending, misusing or magical accidents.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #1422 on: March 16, 2015, 06:46:15 AM »
Haaa... was never able to draw more than a daisy! I'm jealous of you all!
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1423 on: March 16, 2015, 08:28:34 AM »
I had to draw Lalli with Espeon. I might do the rest of the team if I feel like I have time to spare for it later.
Yeees. I'm keeping an eye on you until you do~

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1424 on: March 16, 2015, 10:50:20 AM »
I would like to say that I just "threw this together really quick", but in reality it took me the better part of 5 hours. :/ I'm pretty slow when it comes to drawing, because I'm never satisfied with the art and keep tweaking, so I'm just going to call it done and post it to save my aching hand.

Haha, his outfit already makes him look like he belongs in a Pokemon game! And I love the Grade A cat collar on it~
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: