Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2495654 times)

jp otter

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1110 on: February 25, 2015, 08:19:37 PM »
I actually got really worked up about this because I thought you felt like I had copied your art or something, and then I got really stressed because I couldn't tell whether you were flattered or angry with me and I don't even know why I was worried about this because I knew I hadn't even copied your drawing to begin with ahaha I'm dumb

Totally the kind of thing I would get stressed about. But parallel development happens ALL THE TIME. Nothing is original, everything is derivative. I don't mean that to come off as cynical, just that as artists, we're always focused on originality, but it doesn't exist, not really. We're all just building on the stuff that came before. Just do your thing in your way, honor your influences, and you'll be set. :)

In my to-do list today there is an item "Do something stupid", so... 
Tuuri and Lally around the age of 10-12 years. On the meadow. In the flower crowns. And Tuuri makes one more flower crown for her dear brother. Perhaps this scene needs a flying pink ponies too.

Lalli and kittie's expressions. So good!
Fluent: :usa:
Passable: :france:
Learning: :italy:
Tried to teach myself as a precocious 12 yr/old with terrible results: :russia:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1111 on: February 25, 2015, 08:40:41 PM »
I actually got really worked up about this because I thought you felt like I had copied your art or something, and then I got really stressed because I couldn't tell whether you were flattered or angry with me and I don't even know why I was worried about this because I knew I hadn't even copied your drawing to begin with ahaha I'm dumb

Ah nooo I'm sorry, I was neither, just surprised.

Totally the kind of thing I would get stressed about. But parallel development happens ALL THE TIME. Nothing is original, everything is derivative. I don't mean that to come off as cynical, just that as artists, we're always focused on originality, but it doesn't exist, not really. We're all just building on the stuff that came before. Just do your thing in your way, honor your influences, and you'll be set. :)

^Well said.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1112 on: February 25, 2015, 09:55:59 PM »
In my to-do list today there is an item "Do something stupid", so... 
Tuuri and Lally around the age of 10-12 years. On the meadow. In the flower crowns. And Tuuri makes one more flower crown for her dear brother. Perhaps this scene needs a flying pink ponies too.

*gasp!* Pretty!  -> http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=301.0 <-?  ;)
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1113 on: February 25, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
Awww this is so cute. I wonder what Onni is doing at this time...?
Singlehandedly building a new palisade wall for Keuruu to hide his hay fever behind. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1114 on: February 26, 2015, 04:07:29 AM »
In my heart I knew that I messed up everything somehow  :-\ I'll try again, maybe this time I will have more luck.

By the way, I still have too much free time -> here's another strange fanart. This time - one red-haired Valkyrie. Also at a very young age (too many handwritten nonsense, yeah).

It will be fun, if I did something wrong again.

corncobman

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Weirdsmith
« Reply #1115 on: February 26, 2015, 04:24:45 AM »
Very nice pictures. I especially like the shell-shocked looking cat who doesn't know what hit it and the pouty face of younger Sigrun.
A man left his Icelandic home
Escaped to Denmark to freely roam
With hair braided red
He got hit on the head
With a crate lid slammed onto his dome

Fluent: :uk:
Fluent spoken, bad writing: :china:
Some knowledge: :france: :germany:
Odd word here and there: :japan:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1116 on: February 26, 2015, 04:26:03 AM »
In my heart I knew that I messed up everything somehow  :-\ I'll try again, maybe this time I will have more luck.

By the way, I still have too much free time -> here's another strange fanart. This time - one red-haired Valkyrie. Also at a very young age (too many handwritten nonsense, yeah).

Aww, Emil's so cute taking his Dalahäst out for a walk <3 And Sigrun, while normal five-year-old girls can't take part, remember that you are the most best troll-hunter ever so don't you listen to your elders and just stab that troll!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1117 on: February 26, 2015, 05:32:13 AM »

Emil is soo cute~! Sigrun is also very cute, but that innocent look from Emil is just adorable >.<

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

P__

« Reply #1118 on: February 26, 2015, 09:43:33 AM »

=w=
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1119 on: February 26, 2015, 10:18:21 AM »

No, nothing wrong this time  :D And awww, both are sooo cute, but... but Emil is cuter :3
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Mikko

• First Bard and a wizardly fellow
« Reply #1120 on: February 26, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »
Such brilliant fan art here!  :D

Makes me wish I could draw enough I could participate.
Instrue praeceptis animum, ne discere cessa.
Nam sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago.

Arm your mind with teachings, do not stop learning.
For without learning life is but an image of death.

Varustaos mieltäsi neuvoin, oppimast' älä lakkaa.
Sil' oppia vail' elo tää kuni kuoleman on kuvajainen.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #1121 on: February 26, 2015, 11:11:32 AM »
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #1122 on: February 26, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »
Oh yea, these are some sketches I did. Solovei was chatting with me about the crew in pajamas. I apparently can't be silly though and made them more, realistic? Anyway.

Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1123 on: February 26, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »

I hope you have too much free time more often because THESE ARE AMAZING
Do baby mikkel next!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1124 on: February 26, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »
I hope you have too much free time more often because THESE ARE AMAZING
Do baby mikkel next!

I agree.  These glimpses into our heroes' childhoods are just delightful.  I don't know which I like better -- 12-year-old Tuuri weaving flower crowns for everyone within reach, little Emil with his sailor suit and Dala horse, or 8-year-old Sigrun having stolen Trond's regalia.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: