Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496935 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13500 on: August 13, 2020, 09:18:13 AM »
I'm mulling over InkTober themes currently.  The official prompts go live at the beginning of September.
We often do an SSSS set of prompts, although I used the official prompts for that Mikkel series.  I would start gathering suggestions for that closer to 1 September.
I'm mulling over posting an SSSS-critter-of-the-day set of prompts, although I am really lousy at drawing grosslings personally.

Oh, Inktober has official prompts? That went past me somehow... The one time I participated (last year) I just kinda drew whatever I was thinking about that day. :'D
Oooh, SSSS-prompts sounds cool! (I too am terrible at drawing grosslings, but it definitly would be a fun theme.)
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #13501 on: August 13, 2020, 10:44:39 AM »
I'm not much of a drawer, but I drew a Dreamworld Kitty from my current fanfic and thought I'd post it here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:47:12 AM by Lallicat »
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13502 on: August 13, 2020, 12:40:53 PM »
She´s adorable, Lallicat! I really like the wide sleeves on her dress.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13503 on: August 14, 2020, 01:49:26 AM »

Silly doodle time!  The crew rolls Onni all the way back, winding up his pinecone string as they go.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #13504 on: August 14, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »
Hah!!!

Wave, I love this
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13505 on: August 14, 2020, 02:18:25 PM »
Wave, I hope Onni can disconnect his mage-receiver before they start, so that he doesn’t have to feel all the movements of the wires as well  :V
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13506 on: August 14, 2020, 03:41:46 PM »
Awesome and funny, Wave! They don´t have a straitjacket, but luckily Onni brought something to tie him up with himself. (Poor Onni!) :'D

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #13507 on: August 15, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »
Wave : thank you really much :)I'm glad the final rendering is "pleasant" haha. I love your little comic too, I always laugh, it's the bonus or the "general thought" that follows a new page of Minna.

Keep Looking Thank you so much <3 I must admit, Reynir's hair are fun to draw. More to come !

Or, I suppose if I was the one lying on the ground and have these three appear above me looking like this, I would NOT love it at all. They look like villains! Do these cleansers collect fees for their services from the locals, whether they want the services or not? "Wouldn't it be a shame if your beautiful farm came to any harm, say a fire?" I hope they are nevertheless more of the scoundrel variety than actually evil villains, because my boys wouldn't!

Haha Jitter you really think I'd let the boys turn into real gangsters? Don't worry, it's always the same bunch of clumsy-not-really-adapted guys, but they try hard.
Here's the scene at t+3s (I couldn't help it, it was really fun to do):

And yes, Emil's hair is already starting to burn in the illustration. You don't change a winning team.
Thank you for all your message and encouragements. I can keep a rhythm while going back to the tablet. I've already got several little drawings on the way, I'll post these as I go.
I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to all the discussions, it's time consuming... But as said, I'll follow you from afar on Disqus and enjoy your poems and texts !
(No, definitely I'll come back. I really miss the mood here, everyone is so kind. Best fandom ever.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:08:16 PM by Kyara »

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #13508 on: August 15, 2020, 08:01:29 PM »
Kyara, I love your take on the klutzy trio. I had to go back and look, I hadn't noticed Emil's smouldering hair! I think I was too transfixed by Lalli's slightly demented expression and Reynir looking so badass to notice.

Whoops - wave, at first I thought Onni was rolled up in a big round hay bale! Good thing he's not, or the gang would have a rough time rolling him all that way. I've had to roll them short distances (without an adult human in the middle, either) and they're hard to get rolling, and difficult to control once they are. It's a fun solution to their problem.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13509 on: August 15, 2020, 11:15:40 PM »
Rolling big haybales is a nightmare, especially when you are under five feet tall.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13510 on: August 16, 2020, 09:37:25 AM »
Coming back after a few days off the forum and there's so much new and awesome art!! Okay let's see what I missed...

wavewright, (first doodle with the running Onni) oh this is so funny! Definitely Lalli's worst nightmare... fortunately for him Onni will never run fast enough to get him. x)
(second doodle with the rolling Onni) that's totally what Sigrun imagines is going to happen

tacita, I have already seen those on insta but I'm sooo glad you posted these beauties to the forum as well! I absolutely love all of them, espacially that Emil portrait... *wipes brow* damn.

Mirasol, that's what I would call a practical gift: it benefits both the gifter and the gifted. x)

Kyara, B E A R D S
(seriously tho, they look scary. I also love all the little concept sketches you did  <3 )

Lallicat, such a cute human!Kitty concept! Very different from the one we've gotten so far but very cool! I love the lil' ears and cat tail!

Also random love sending to every artist and non-artist on this forum, because this fandom is just freaking awesome  <3 <3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 09:40:16 AM by GaelleDragons »
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13511 on: August 16, 2020, 11:08:19 AM »
Thanks Kyara for confirming they are still nice! :lalli: :emil: :reynir:
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

MollyVampiric

• I'm always up too late, don't worry
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her, with love
« Reply #13512 on: August 17, 2020, 05:18:22 AM »
It is 2am where I am and I cannot sleep. Anyway, have this. (A sequel to the drawing I posted on page 897, revised slightly.) (Bandage Ref)

Spoiler: show
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated! <3

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #13513 on: August 17, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »
It is 2am where I am and I cannot sleep. Anyway, have this. (A sequel to the drawing I posted on page 897, revised slightly.) (Bandage Ref)

Nice one! I see you've made the wings deeper close to his back, looks more natural... as natural as possible for a guy with wings, anyway.  ;)  And I love that you used swift-bandaging as a reference. I had no idea that was a thing. Lalli would definitely be like a swift - fast, maneuverable.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #13514 on: August 19, 2020, 09:29:00 AM »

aww, Molly, it's so adorable!!! and i LOVE the colors! you got their faces, especially Emils', very well, too
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05: