Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496417 times)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13230 on: April 07, 2020, 12:20:26 AM »
So much amazing art since I last checked the thread! Well done, and thank you everyone!

(Also there was a draw-the-crew-as-mermaids fad a few years back, the pics should still be in the thread somewhere!)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #13231 on: April 07, 2020, 05:01:16 AM »
I love these! Especially the first little comic, it's adorable and works with the character's personalities.
The drawing of sad Lalli is also one of my favorites (gotta love the angst!)
I love your use of colors as well in all of these, all very pastel and atmospheric. <3

Thank you Gaelle ! I am not at ease with contrasting and strong colors, even if I am still trying :)
Haha yes, no spoiler but I assume with your last drawing on Tumblr that angst is a good fuel for you. Angst and fluff. So perfect <3

I love them all, especially the one with Lalli and Emil, and the one with Reynir and Emil's cousins !

Thank you Mariiii (so many iiiiiii !) I'm glad someone likes the one with the Västerström family. There are so many little story to do with them...Of which thousand and one way to make Lalli hiss.

I love these so much! They're beautiful and very heartwarming.
Glad that these drawings reach their goals !

And thank you Temteno, wavewright and Purple Wyrm ! :D

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13232 on: April 07, 2020, 10:55:59 AM »
I love the soft colors! They're very calming
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mariiii

« Reply #13233 on: April 07, 2020, 06:52:44 PM »

Thank you Mariiii (so many iiiiiii !) I'm glad someone likes the one with the Västerström family. There are so many little story to do with them...Of which thousand and one way to make Lalli hiss.

Yeah I didn't really think other people would have to write it when I chose my pseudo haha, so if you want you can just write Mari !
I can't wait to see what would these little monster do to make Lalli hiss (which I think is not very difficult to do) ;)
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

LilG

« Reply #13234 on: April 12, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »
I thought I might as well finish coloring this drawing. My plan was to post this alongside its digitally colored counterpart, but since that one isn’t even in the final stages of the lineart phase, I have decided against waiting any longer.

This is a colored version of this post: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=35.msg167588#msg167588;
And here’s the scanned version: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=35.msg168696#msg168696.

Also, here’s a brighter scan of the drawing alongside its “true colors” photo, in case you don’t like how the darker scan looks, since my scanner is a bit on the crap side.
Spoiler: show

Native :romania:
Sucks at :france:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13235 on: April 12, 2020, 11:55:04 AM »
Very creepily traplike!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13236 on: April 12, 2020, 08:03:34 PM »
I thought I might as well finish coloring this drawing. My plan was to post this alongside its digitally colored counterpart, but since that one isn’t even in the final stages of the lineart phase, I have decided against waiting any longer.

It will be nice to compare this with the one you're working on, analog x digital. Thanks for sharing it now. this way we can enjoy it twice :)
That said, that's a really frightening concept! Well done! Let's hope Onni notices the... ahann... suspicious tentacles around Tuuri.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

LilG

« Reply #13237 on: April 14, 2020, 05:53:37 AM »
Thank you for the kind compliments!

Regarding the digital color of this drawing, I think I’ll completely skip the lineart phase and instead color the scan itself, crayon lines and all. I think it’ll look better that way, since I still haven’t mastered the lineart part of digital drawing.
Native :romania:
Sucks at :france:

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13238 on: April 16, 2020, 01:31:06 PM »
Here's a little fanart of Lalli I did for the SixFanarts challenge on Instagram ^^

I wanted to draw him covering his ears so I put him next to Tempest Shadow (from My Little Pony:The Movie) screaming in rage
Here is the full picture with the six fanarts combined if you want to see it ^^
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

SilverGarnet12

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13239 on: April 17, 2020, 08:40:23 AM »
Here's a little fanart of Lalli I did for the SixFanarts challenge on Instagram ^^

I wanted to draw him covering his ears so I put him next to Tempest Shadow (from My Little Pony:The Movie) screaming in rage
Here is the full picture with the six fanarts combined if you want to see it ^^

I really like the way you draw Lalli, and I like the rest of your six fanarts challenge as well!
Native speaker: :australia:   Learning: :norway:

School class level: :france:, :germany:

SilverGarnet12

• Tumblr
« Reply #13240 on: April 17, 2020, 08:43:47 AM »
Continuing the mermaids from the Reynir I posted before, I've designed everyone but so far I've only had time to do a portrait of Onni.

Native speaker: :australia:   Learning: :norway:

School class level: :france:, :germany:

crowbarrd

• an abundance of exclamation marks
« Reply #13241 on: April 19, 2020, 12:19:06 AM »
This is the first time I'm posting on this thread; here's a Lalli I've been working on for the past few days so that I'd have a profile pic !

I'm not very good at digital- it's a bit stiff, among other things, but compared to other digital pieces I've done I would say it's an improvement !
muddling around and drawing

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13242 on: April 19, 2020, 03:51:12 AM »
I'm trying to teach myself digital as well, CrowleyTunaMayo (username lol), and applaud your efforts - I cannot get my linework looking proper using a mouse, so must scan and manipulate.  I think your sense of line and movement is lovely.
And the next installment of SilverGarnet's Swim Silently merfolk is grand.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13243 on: April 19, 2020, 07:12:12 AM »
Crowley, it’s very good! Both the Lalliness amd movement in the picture work.

Silver, OMG mer-Onni is magnificent!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

crowbarrd

• an abundance of exclamation marks
« Reply #13244 on: April 20, 2020, 02:42:34 AM »
Thank you so much !! I will continue trying to perfect the Lalli-hair !

To Gaelle !! I really love your colouring ;0;;; its so beautiful !!
And to Silver- mermaid Onni is very regal ! I would be scared to be sea troll :'D

(speaking of which, I just remembered that its going to be MerMay soon !)
muddling around and drawing