Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496426 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #11760 on: May 09, 2017, 04:50:02 AM »
spoiler for a little bit of nudity

Spoiler: show

i will leave this here.

hello and welcome yankai! thank you for contributing <3

and waveright- Reynir and that background go together too well x3

Not your usual stuff, Oemelmuff - He looks like a study for a certain Venus arising from a tuna crate! *runs to get the box of Tuna Helper*  *nowt but chocolate spread in the cupboard* *goes with it*
 (Also, I believe it is Abprallen who should get credit from the animelicious background!  I have difficulty with backgrounds and often leave them indistinct.)

Yankai, what a debut!  It reminds me of the mention of wife-carrying competitions, Y90 style!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #11761 on: May 09, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »
It's cool; it's good to know! I didn't do mineralogy as part of my geology qualification so I only really know the basics of it (aka how it forms, and how to test for it), but this 'Quartz' failed the streak test and the bubbles were perfect spheres - something you don't get in naturally forming Quartz :P so I'm fairly confident it was fake.

I also have a little gem collection...
(I looked up the names of all gems but I'm not sure if they're all correct.)
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #11762 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:57 AM »

I also have a little gem collection...
(I looked up the names of all gems but I'm not sure if they're all correct.)
Well, the one you've labeled hematite is definitely incorrect—actual hematite is usually opaque and dark gray to black or red-brown with a metallic sheen. My immediate thought is that it looks like fluorite, but there's a lot of stuff out there that can be clear and bicolor.
It's an impressive collection, anyway. 
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

yankai

• Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #11763 on: May 09, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »

i will leave this here.

Oh, I like this! I can totally imagine the rest of the main cast posing as the other characters in the painting  :'D
Native: :argentina:
Kind of: :uk: / :italy:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11764 on: May 09, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
Johannabelle - what an amazing Reynir!
Abprallen - ah, cute Emil and Reynir
yankai - hehe, Tuuri, you little weasel... and welome to the forum
Oemelmuff - wow, beatiful Birth of Reynir

...and I almost forgot to post little Lalli and Grandma in the woods:

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #11765 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:25 PM »
Helia, that's beautiful. I like the textures and shades of the forest behind them, and the expressions.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #11766 on: May 09, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
Oh, I like this! I can totally imagine the rest of the main cast posing as the other characters in the painting  :'D
I believe someone already made that:

Spoiler: from the memes/edits thread • show
[quote author=GeiYin link=topic=271.msg135537#msg135537 date=1489779842]He came from the waves...

all the other masterpieses are here http://geiyin.tumblr.com/post/158487603428/the-world-should-see-this[/quote]

Miriam, that's quite the beautiful rock collection.

Helia, smol lalli is so cute! and I really like the forest as well.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11767 on: May 10, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
Have an illustration to a fic the talented Aliax is writing about genderbend Emil and Lalli, meeting (and pining for) each other during their daily jog in the park.

A snippet of the fic is under the cut (because this being the picture-thread).

Emi felt like sh-- horse manure.

This was so unfair! She’d only gone on holidays for three weeks, and she’d even tried to keep running. She honestly only hadn’t managed because she was needed to help supervise her cousins - and okay, yes, she had loved that, but it shouldn’t be a crime to like spending time with your baby cousins, right!? She shouldn’t have to pay for it so badly now!

But paying she was.

Her breath was too short and painful. She was sweating like a pig. She had made sure to warm up and stretch extra well before going, but her muscles were already starting to complain anyway. And she had long stopped checking her time, because she knew that if she did that, if she saw how slow she was being today, she would give up on the spot and go straight back home and fight the urge to go to the bakery and buy one of those delicious little chocolate cakes for the rest of the day.

This sucked!

And possibly the worst part of it was that by now, she was sure to have missed Winter Girl.

Emi had been looking forward so much to seeing her again! It was just a few minutes every day, and obviously they never talked, and Winter Girl barely ever smiled whenever she answered Emi’s wave, but…

It was still one of the highlights of Emi’s days.

[…]

Emi sighed, and struggled to keep breathing regularly. Despite the chill in the air, she could feel the sweat drenching her armpits, and gathering between and under her boobs; it was far too early in the year for that to happen. It was humiliating… At least, Emi figured morosely, she would be spared the added shame of being seen in that disgraceful condition by Winter Girl.

Emi reached the park’s central plaza, a large grassy field surrounded by a criss-cross of footpaths going in every direction. That was usually where she saw Winter Girl. Sometimes they were on opposite sides of the field, but even just catching a glimpse made Emi’s heart sing. Sometimes their paths crossed, and Emi could wave, and Winter Girl would wave back. And when Emi was very very lucky, they got to run a few hundreds meters together as Emi aimed for the northern end of the park, until Winter Girl turned to the side to climb the Tower - all two hundred and forty-seven steps of it, which was something Emi wouldn’t dream of achieving even in her wildest dreams.

There would be none of that today, though; she was far too late.

She was also far too tired. Reluctantly, she slowed down to a walk, before stopping next to a bench and proceeding to stretch her achy legs. Closing her eyes, she started to count in her head as she bent this and that way, making sure to breathe deeply and slowly…

She frowned and a fist of anxiety twisted the pit of her stomach when she heard steps come closer and then keep going in that way that indicated that the person was running on the spot. She tried not to visibly tense as she waited for the creeper to start taunting her, or coming onto her…

When nothing happened, Emi sighed and resigned herself to facing the intruder. She opened her eyes--

-- and nearly screamed when Winter Girl waved at her with a small smile on her lips, before turning around and sprinting away.

In a daze, her heart pounding in her chest, Emi watched her go, all long and easy strides, wild ash-blond hair bobbing with each step…

Emi felt the goofiest smile spread on her face.

She felt her weight evaporate.

She was truly “walking in the air” as she started on the second half of her routine…
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #11768 on: May 10, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
Have an illustration to a fic the talented Aliax is writing about genderbend Emil and Lalli, meeting (and pining for) each other during their daily jog in the park.

A snippet of the fic is under the cut (because this being the picture-thread).

Emi felt like sh-- horse manure.

This was so unfair! She’d only gone on holidays for three weeks, and she’d even tried to keep running. She honestly only hadn’t managed because she was needed to help supervise her cousins - and okay, yes, she had loved that, but it shouldn’t be a crime to like spending time with your baby cousins, right!? She shouldn’t have to pay for it so badly now!

But paying she was.

Her breath was too short and painful. She was sweating like a pig. She had made sure to warm up and stretch extra well before going, but her muscles were already starting to complain anyway. And she had long stopped checking her time, because she knew that if she did that, if she saw how slow she was being today, she would give up on the spot and go straight back home and fight the urge to go to the bakery and buy one of those delicious little chocolate cakes for the rest of the day.

This sucked!

And possibly the worst part of it was that by now, she was sure to have missed Winter Girl.

Emi had been looking forward so much to seeing her again! It was just a few minutes every day, and obviously they never talked, and Winter Girl barely ever smiled whenever she answered Emi’s wave, but…

It was still one of the highlights of Emi’s days.

[…]

Emi sighed, and struggled to keep breathing regularly. Despite the chill in the air, she could feel the sweat drenching her armpits, and gathering between and under her boobs; it was far too early in the year for that to happen. It was humiliating… At least, Emi figured morosely, she would be spared the added shame of being seen in that disgraceful condition by Winter Girl.

Emi reached the park’s central plaza, a large grassy field surrounded by a criss-cross of footpaths going in every direction. That was usually where she saw Winter Girl. Sometimes they were on opposite sides of the field, but even just catching a glimpse made Emi’s heart sing. Sometimes their paths crossed, and Emi could wave, and Winter Girl would wave back. And when Emi was very very lucky, they got to run a few hundreds meters together as Emi aimed for the northern end of the park, until Winter Girl turned to the side to climb the Tower - all two hundred and forty-seven steps of it, which was something Emi wouldn’t dream of achieving even in her wildest dreams.

There would be none of that today, though; she was far too late.

She was also far too tired. Reluctantly, she slowed down to a walk, before stopping next to a bench and proceeding to stretch her achy legs. Closing her eyes, she started to count in her head as she bent this and that way, making sure to breathe deeply and slowly…

She frowned and a fist of anxiety twisted the pit of her stomach when she heard steps come closer and then keep going in that way that indicated that the person was running on the spot. She tried not to visibly tense as she waited for the creeper to start taunting her, or coming onto her…

When nothing happened, Emi sighed and resigned herself to facing the intruder. She opened her eyes--

-- and nearly screamed when Winter Girl waved at her with a small smile on her lips, before turning around and sprinting away.

In a daze, her heart pounding in her chest, Emi watched her go, all long and easy strides, wild ash-blond hair bobbing with each step…

Emi felt the goofiest smile spread on her face.

She felt her weight evaporate.

She was truly “walking in the air” as she started on the second half of her routine…

Both that fic and your illustration are adorable!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #11769 on: May 10, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
Eyyy, I've emerged from my cave because oohhhh lots of gorgeous art here again<3

Oh and I know it's a little clishe but guys, guys. Consider Ensi with a wolf as her luonto. And while we've only seen a mage's eyes glow blue I couldn't stop thinking about her with glowing orange/yellow eyes instead, so I doodled a youngish grandma Ensi:

I suck at hoods forever so I admit I didn't even tryyyyyyyy since it was gonna be a quick one don't judge meee

here's the same without the foggy breath since I damn well couldn't decide which one's better so mehhhhhhhhh:

Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11770 on: May 10, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
Eyyy, I've emerged from my cave because oohhhh lots of gorgeous art here again<3

Oh and I know it's a little clishe but guys, guys. Consider Ensi with a wolf as her luonto. And while we've only seen a mage's eyes glow blue I couldn't stop thinking about her with glowing orange/yellow eyes instead, so I doodled a youngish grandma Ensi:

I suck at hoods forever so I admit I didn't even tryyyyyyyy since it was gonna be a quick one don't judge meee

here's the same without the foggy breath since I damn well couldn't decide which one's better so mehhhhhhhhh:

*retrieves jaw from under desk*  What ...a gorgeous image, Sumeri.  With the breath, definitely with.

Talimee, cute runners - I have to go back and catch up with that fic again, I thought it was medieval, not modern?  Or maybe that's another one?

Helia, I so love your watercolours, and you depict family relationships really well.

Miriam's rocks: you should see some of the Otago rhodonite - bright pink with black veins, very dramatic.  I can't solve your green mystery from here, there are too many things it *could* be.  My first guesses are green calcite or rhyolite.  Serpentine or even schist is a possibility as well?  You have already identified your grossular garnet.  I agree with Anna that the one labelled hematite is not that, and I would guess an agate, but the cherry red is an unusual colour.  We get a really nice mutton-fat jasper in Auckland, dark red shot through with blue or clear chalcedony, but the clear areas are more like veins, seldom that large.

Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

« Reply #11771 on: May 10, 2017, 11:31:01 PM »
Talimee and Sumeri, those are beautiful. And Ensi definitely looks better with the breath! I was taking a second look at Helia's picture, and continue to be delighted with the expressions, and the forest - lovely!

Miriam, I'm not sure what your not-haematite might be, other than maybe some kind of agate or a weird sort of tourmaline, but I own some bits of haematite and the colour range tends to be metallic grey to grey-brown to a reddish black. I gave my youngest grandson a polished haematite necklace as a birth-gift, and that was a sort of dark storm-cloud grey.

Might your 'mystery' be some kind of malachite, or even jade? I've seen pieces of Cowell jade that colour, but it's a closer match to malachite, I think.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #11772 on: May 11, 2017, 07:19:06 AM »

Cute!

Talimee, cute runners - I have to go back and catch up with that fic again, I thought it was medieval, not modern?  Or maybe that's another one?

The medieval one you're thinking of is probably mine, and it's transgender, not a genderbend - entirely different story. ;)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Róisín

« Reply #11773 on: May 11, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
So where would I find this story, couldn't spot it on A3O?

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11774 on: May 11, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
I also bring a Reynir. Trying out a new style, here's to hoping I can get it to work in future ;u;
Yay, our adorable son!

i will leave this here.
Whoaa XoX He looks so real! Amazing!

Helia, your watercolor work is charming, as always** This little Lalli with cheeks is soooo cutepie :'3
Sumeri, she looks straight in my soul. My queen  XoX
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3