Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2495602 times)

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2014, 07:51:31 PM »
I had to (try):

My friend's version:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:54:49 PM by Oskutin »

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2014, 05:37:45 PM »
Hey guys, the newbie comes bearing fanart :D

I was kinda inspired by Lalli's glowy eyes in today's page so here, have this..whatever this is. Note that I may have butchered the uniform/jacket thingy a lil bit (doesn't really look like that in canon) since it was kinda made in a hurry and I din't pay much attention to details, but, I think you guys will forgive me. Just had to get this image out of my head :D

Also the arms might be a bit on the short side but meh, like I said, this was a rather quick doodly thing.

(btw the pic is actually pretty huge so I hope the resizing works)
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2014, 07:03:28 PM »
Awesome Lalli inspired work!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »
Hey guys, the newbie comes bearing fanart :D

I was kinda inspired by Lalli's glowy eyes in today's page so here, have this..whatever this is. Note that I may have butchered the uniform/jacket thingy a lil bit (doesn't really look like that in canon) since it was kinda made in a hurry and I din't pay much attention to details, but, I think you guys will forgive me. Just had to get this image out of my head :D

It just kills me when people show off amazing artwork and say "oh it's just a quick sketch!" XD when it would probably take me like 20+ hours to make something that amazing...

That said, I love the shading on his hair especially!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Zlatoglazka

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2014, 09:56:49 PM »
It just kills me when people show off amazing artwork and say "oh it's just a quick sketch!" XD when it would probably take me like 20+ hours to make something that amazing...
Hope you feel better after looking at my quick raw sketch, cause it really is what it is told. That was my first impression of the 5th panel on page 218. I was asked to post it here as well.

:russia: - native;
:uk: - not too bad;
:france: - remember a bit since my school-days;
:germany: :japan: - let's call it "some language bits learned accidentally".

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
That is a really good character capture!
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2014, 12:50:51 AM »
Hope you feel better after looking at my quick raw sketch, cause it really is what it is told. That was my first impression of the 5th panel on page 218. I was asked to post it here as well.

Maybe you think it's *just* a "quick, raw sketch," but it's marvelous!  The cats are perfectly proportioned and very realistic.  Yet you also capture their personalities: Sigrun's curved smile (and mischief-signaling tail), Lalli's long thin proportions, and Tuuri's little "pat pat" gesture.  Please consider sharing more sketches!   :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:52:54 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »
Not very exciting, but I drew a quick (10-15 minutes I think?) sketch of Lalli yesterday with a ballpoint pen and a blue felt tip pen. I'm just trying to get the hang of their faces until I can find the time to draw something better ;)

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2014, 08:13:04 AM »
WOW
this forum really needs a "like" button!

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2014, 08:16:31 AM »
Not very exciting, but I drew a quick (10-15 minutes I think?) sketch of Lalli yesterday with a ballpoint pen and a blue felt tip pen. I'm just trying to get the hang of their faces until I can find the time to draw something better ;)

Y'know, we keep pointing out that it's sort of inconsiderate to post amazing work while insisting it's only "a quick sketch no biggie". At least pretend like you had to make an effort :P

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2014, 09:27:36 AM »
Y'know, we keep pointing out that it's sort of inconsiderate to post amazing work while insisting it's only "a quick sketch no biggie". At least pretend like you had to make an effort :P

Sorry cx The thing is, though, that being your own worst critic is practically a matter of course when you draw a lot. So when I say that a drawing I made is just a sketch, it's not because I don't think it's a good drawing, and it also doesn't mean that everybody else has to do better than that in order to make something worth looking at. What I'm saying is simply that by my own standards, that apply only to my own art, it's nothing more than a sketch.

When it comes to art (and I think a lot of people need to hear this), comparing yourself to others is utterly pointless. That does not stop literally every single person ever from doing it, though (including me, even though I try not to). I have been taking visual arts classes for almost four years, and I spend hours upon hours every week practising. It only makes sense for me to have an easier time drawing than someone who has had to learn everything on their own, or who is younger than me, or who has not been lucky to have as much time to practice as I have :)

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2014, 10:37:15 AM »
this forum really needs a "like" button!

I totally second that!l

Also, it is always a delight to see a good artwork! Many may think it is beautiful regardless of author's opinion on its quality.
It is admirable that you have high standards set for your own works, Sigrid Marie :) I wish more people could be a bit harder on themselves at what they do, not only artists, but also drivers, doctors, politicians... just people in general. World would be a way better place to live in, then.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:42:40 AM by curiosity »
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2014, 11:17:33 AM »
Ahh wow guys these are so great! :D I especially love the TrinkaSten's sailor parodies, and Lenny & Almond-Goddess' work, wow. :3 Lenny, are you South African?

I'm planning on doing lots more SSSS fan art but for now I shall place this doodle here for your viewing pleasure:

Find me on tumblr.

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
I'm planning on doing lots more SSSS fan art but for now I shall place this doodle here for your viewing pleasure:

me being a non-shipper and whatever... SQuEEEEEEEEEEEE so cool!

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
Ahh wow guys these are so great! :D I especially love the TrinkaSten's sailor parodies, and Lenny & Almond-Goddess' work, wow. :3 Lenny, are you South African?

AHAHAHAHA I feel this is the best fanart yet LALLI'S FACE AHAHAHA
Fluent:
OK: