Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2475972 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12225 on: October 02, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »
Windy, that fic cover is really beautiful, with Lallis sad expression, detailed rifle and uniform, and soft coloring.

Wavewright, I love the expressions here, especially Torbjörns.

Second ssss-themed inktober, Tuuri with a Milotic pokemon, after an observation made by Fauna.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12226 on: October 02, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »
I just noticed that Anna is holding scissors. Nice touch.

And running with them, too.  Heh.  Thank you.

Beautiful Tuuri, Unlos, even though I am clueless on Pokemon.

Edit: adding today's entry to avoid the double post.

Official InkTober prompt - "Poison" and also SSSS InkTober prompt - "Language"

Emil asks Tuuri what Lalli said. She replies, “Oh, he is just saying how much the food reminds him of home.”
I've been super-busy at work and home both, so am dashing off cartoons when I can, getting photos of them while waiting for buses and trains.  Most of these are being done without pencils, hence the (ahem) *free interpretation* of bodily proportions!    :haw:  This proves to me that RL needn't be a barrier to creating, though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:34:41 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12227 on: October 03, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »
Thank you, Wavewright!
What a good take you had on the combined inktober prompts ;D
And here's another Inktober from me, Reynir in a sweater

And then there's a piece of extreme sillyness that some of you might have seen from the comment section a couple of days ago, regarding what Reynir would find in Onnis haven (before a very upset Onni turned up). It would of course be Mikkel in a tutu performing the swan lake. Obviously.
Spoiler: oh dear sorry not sorry • show

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12228 on: October 03, 2017, 05:45:01 PM »
Oh Unlos, do not hide this most best pic of Mikkel away!  At the very least, I am awaiting the coloured version.  No, really, this is very nicely done.  Also, thank you for the kind words on my piece.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12229 on: October 03, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »
Thank you, Wavewright!

And then there's a piece of extreme sillyness that some of you might have seen from the comment section a couple of days ago, regarding what Reynir would find in Onnis haven (before a very upset Onni turned up). It would of course be Mikkel in a tutu performing the swan lake. Obviously.

BWA HA HA HA!  {snert}
I think you need a stronger content warning on that last drawing, Unlos!  I laughed out loud... and I'm at work!  :o  (Good thing the visiting Senior VP of Sales, who is sitting closest to me, had his soundproof office door shut...)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:10:31 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12230 on: October 03, 2017, 06:15:12 PM »

InkTober day 2 prompt - DIVIDED
“Congratulations,” she said, “your expedition made a profit.” She drew four coins from her purse; the profit was divided 4 ways between them.

This is an illustration from the Epilogue of Stranded, where I cast Reynir's sister Hildur as the insurance adjuster who gets to deliver the payout to the Quartet.

This is terrific!  Such amusing characterization (not overlooking the children in the background playing BEAUTY SALON OF DEATH...). 
Now I want to see that whole story in graphic-novel format!  (In fact, what's the link to Stranded?)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:07:03 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12231 on: October 03, 2017, 07:46:52 PM »
This is terrific!  Such amusing characterization (not overlooking the children in the background playing BEAUTY SALON OF DEATH in the background...). 
Now I want to see that whole story in graphic-novel format!  (In fact, what's the link to Stranded?)

G-G- Graphic novel format??!!  *click*  "We're sorry, the Minnion you have reached has just keeled over.  Please try your request later."

Thank you very much for the kind words.  I may hazard some more illustrations if they fit other precepts, but the dunno about speech balloons and dogs and trolls and... this is why I admire Minna so much, she has such a great style, for all everybody pings her on handedness.

Edit:  forgot the linkie to the beginning of 'Stranded': http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/15125563
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:49:21 PM by wavewright62 »

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #12232 on: October 03, 2017, 11:48:08 PM »
wavewright, both of those latest drawing are hilarious! :)) "he's just saying the food reminds him of home" I'm worried the language Emil might pick up and try to use after that!

and Unlos, I love the Tuuri one but its making me sad all over again. and that's a cute Reynir!! I think oversized sweaters multiply adorableness.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12233 on: October 04, 2017, 06:07:20 AM »
Should I be embarrassed for spamming the thread for InkTober?  Maybe, maybe not, but I'm seeing great stuff on Tumblr, I imagine it will make its way here soon enough.  C'est la vie.
InkTober Day 4 official prompt - 'Underwater', combined with SSSS InkTober  Day 2 prompt - 'Troll'

The sjødraug waits.  Sometimes the sun gets in her eyes, but she still doesn't remember just what she's waiting for.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12234 on: October 04, 2017, 06:24:47 AM »

The sjødraug waits.  Sometimes the sun gets in her eyes, but she still doesn't remember just what she's waiting for.

It looks... actually, pretty calm and somewhat cute. Just a relatively peaceful creaure, slowly minding its own buisness.

Grey-cat2

• DeviantArt
  • Formerly Grey-Cat
« Reply #12235 on: October 04, 2017, 10:21:13 AM »
Thank you, Wavewright!

Aaaaah, so cute!! This looks almost like official art, actually ^^
Haha and Mikkel is fabulous as always. I always knew he had the heart of a dancer XD
Commonly tries to learn a new language after reading foreign webcomics (commonly fails)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12236 on: October 04, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »
"he's just saying the food reminds him of home" I'm worried the language Emil might pick up and try to use after that!
I note that the Finnish mess staff doesn't seem to be armed beyond ladles, pea soup and throwing bread ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #12237 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »

My day 3 for inktober! I'm not following any prompt lists & am simply using them for inspiration; I hope that's okay!
An Urban Autumn witch Reynir

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #12238 on: October 04, 2017, 04:26:54 PM »
*admires all of the awesome inktober art*

*quietly shuffles some more Sigrunmon in*

Spoiler: I had the dumbest idea... • show

*quietly shuffles out again*
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12239 on: October 04, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
Eee, thank you everyone for your encouraging comments!  Wavewright, I think spamming the thread is all good! (But I don't think a full colored Mikkel in tutu is coming up :P) I like your comic timing, and pity poor Reynir with knitted hair-mittens. And your Sjødraug looks very peaceful, really.

Abprallen, I don't follow the prompt list either, but see it as a helpful list of ideas when my head is empty. And cute Reynir!

Clayres, cool Sigrun-mons! I like how her signature hair works on the different minimonsters.

Ink drawing for today: Captain Ása Hardardóttir at the helm: