Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2442524 times)

CAMIR

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12090 on: August 03, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »
Abprallen, thanks for the assessment. That's what I feared. Maybe the file size is too large or something, so I try a different host.
I have uploaded it with imgur now. Can you see it now? (For infos and context check my original post!)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:45:53 AM by CAMIR »
Native:
Fluent:
Communication is possible:

Amberglass

• DeviantArt
« Reply #12091 on: August 03, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
Abprallen, thanks for the assessment. That's what I feared. Maybe the file size is too large or something, so I try a different host.
I have uploaded it with imgur now. Can you see it now? (For infos and context check my original post!)

CAMIR:  Thanks for the kind words on my art, and so sorry to have not commented on yours earlier.  I was a bit of a lurker but have tried to be more supportive and give feedback recently.  Your art is lovely and I *think* depicts a delicate topic very subtly. The wistful faces, the title, Sigrun rubbing her tummy - those are all clues, yes?  (Sometimes I'm clueless...)

CAMIR

• DeviantArt
« Reply #12092 on: August 05, 2017, 05:34:34 AM »
CAMIR:  Thanks for the kind words on my art, and so sorry to have not commented on yours earlier.  I was a bit of a lurker but have tried to be more supportive and give feedback recently.  Your art is lovely and I *think* depicts a delicate topic very subtly. The wistful faces, the title, Sigrun rubbing her tummy - those are all clues, yes?  (Sometimes I'm clueless...)
I have to thank you for your kind words. Concerning your art: It's simply the truth. :) And no need to apologize. I know the feeling that one wants to reply and never finds the time. So I appreciate your comment. You are indeed not clueless - this is exactly what is happening. (As stated in my fist post: it's the cover for my FF and both of them have created quite the mess for themselves but are too stubborn to acknowledge this. :D)
Native:
Fluent:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12093 on: August 07, 2017, 04:01:40 AM »
I colored two linearts I did this spring, when there was a lot of speculation if the crew would have to walk or not. Both Lalli and Emil carries less than what I pictured them with, but otherwise I think it fits pretty well with how the story is going.

Spoiler: originals • show

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:06:57 AM by Unlos »

CAMIR

• DeviantArt
« Reply #12094 on: August 07, 2017, 04:28:38 AM »
unlos: That's just awesome. It really looks like something Minna drew. Not only did you capture the characters perfectly, the coloring, especially of the background is totally fitting in style. It really fits in the overall tone of the comic. Also the way you placed Lalli looking away from Emil and Emil looking downtrodden. In addition the coloring really improved the lineart immensely (although the last one might be due to JPEG artifacts.). Thanks for this sad and fitting image.
Native:
Fluent:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12095 on: August 07, 2017, 04:43:03 AM »
unlos: That's just awesome. It really looks like something Minna drew. Not only did you capture the characters perfectly, the coloring, especially of the background is totally fitting in style. It really fits in the overall tone of the comic. Also the way you placed Lalli looking away from Emil and Emil looking downtrodden. In addition the coloring really improved the lineart immensely (although the last one might be due to JPEG artifacts.). Thanks for this sad and fitting image.

Thank you!
The background is a redraw of the last panel of the current page - I like the exercise (and easiness, I admit it) of copying artists I admire :-)

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #12096 on: August 07, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »
I colored two linearts I did this spring, when there was a lot of speculation if the crew would have to walk or not. Both Lalli and Emil carries less than what I pictured them with, but otherwise I think it fits pretty well with how the story is going.

Spoiler: originals • show

I remember those! And yes, it fits SO WELL
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12097 on: August 07, 2017, 06:45:53 PM »
Thank you!
The background is a redraw of the last panel of the current page - I like the exercise (and easiness, I admit it) of copying artists I admire :-)

I love this, for all the reasons CAMIR mentioned and more. 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12098 on: August 07, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »
Unlos, nice colours. I liked the original drawings, and these are even better.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
« Reply #12099 on: August 07, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »
This is a really quick sketch I did and its not very good but:

Emil hears some people talking about Lalli behind his back at a party post-expedition.  He does not take kindly to this

Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #12100 on: August 08, 2017, 05:56:44 AM »

Rey-Rey ft. The magical girl series that made me cry.
I maaay do the others, too.

Unlos; love it! <3

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
« Reply #12101 on: August 09, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »
“If I die, I’m gonna die historic on the Øresund bridge!”

A piece of Mad Max/SSSS crossover fanart inspired by a discussion in the discord.
Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #12102 on: August 09, 2017, 06:36:31 PM »
“If I die, I’m gonna die historic on the Øresund bridge!”

A piece of Mad Max/SSSS crossover fanart inspired by a discussion in the discord.

First reaction: *snort*

Second reaction: Actually, Sleipnope and Nux is an oddly appropriate character parallel...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Amberglass

• DeviantArt
« Reply #12103 on: August 09, 2017, 06:48:11 PM »

Wow Unlos, that's lovely! Great linework and coloring.  And almost spot on for how the story worked out.

Abprallen: That's cute!  Love the outfit.  Who says redheads shouldn't wear pink?

Daiseerose

« Reply #12104 on: August 10, 2017, 01:26:55 AM »
all the art is wonderful y'all!   :)