Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2477282 times)

Amberglass

• DeviantArt
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12075 on: July 31, 2017, 08:40:26 PM »
OwlsG0, love your comics!
Abprallen, thank you! And Reynni is good 8)
Amberglass, Tuuri with mommacat and That Doggy are adorable.

Tumblr ask from Kiraly, Lalli and Emil:

Awwwwdorable!  So many members of the crew could use that kind of warm cuddle right about now.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12076 on: August 01, 2017, 04:34:25 PM »
Olga, Amberglass, thank you!

Aand I have indulged in picturing what Tuuris role with be in City of Hunger (double-posted to the coh thread but I figure it can go here as well):
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:59:39 AM by Unlos »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12077 on: August 01, 2017, 11:24:34 PM »
 XoX  XoX  XoX
*retrieves jaw*
What an awesome picture.  I do wonder what her role will be.  I sort of picture (no pun intended) that she and Onni help run one of the energy companies.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #12078 on: August 01, 2017, 11:31:39 PM »
Olga, Amberglass, thank you!

Aand I have indulged in picturing what Tuuris role with be in City of Hunger (double-posted to the coh thread but I figure it can go here as well):

Amazing! Is that Zelda's outfit, or just inspired by Zelda's outfit? Or am I imagining it?
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12079 on: August 02, 2017, 12:35:15 AM »
Wavewright, thank you!  OwlsG0, yep it's Tuuri as princess Zelda  ;D

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #12080 on: August 02, 2017, 12:47:15 AM »
Unlos, what a magnificent Tuuri!

Everyone, such beautiful pictures!

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12081 on: August 02, 2017, 04:35:28 AM »
Unlos, this is really really great!  XoX
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12082 on: August 02, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
Unlos, I don't know the referenced tale, but nice Tuuri!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #12083 on: August 02, 2017, 10:28:04 AM »
It's a popular video game series. It think I recognize the dress from this specific game.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12084 on: August 02, 2017, 11:53:49 AM »
Buteo, Olga and Róisín, thank you!
Róisín,  I haven't played the game but Zelda is the princess that has to be rescued by the green-clad Link in a popular video game series, as Grade E cat mentions

(snip) I think I recognize the dress from this specific game.

Maybe?  I referenced the first picture that popped up on google search, here:

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/joke-battles/images/b/b1/Zelda.png/revision/latest?cb=20160114021544

(It was late so I gave up on the pattern of the gloves and border of the skirt)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:02:57 PM by Unlos »

CAMIR

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she
« Reply #12085 on: August 02, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »
I did lurk this thread the last days and always wanted to answer but never did. Here goes a big thanks to all the cool artists who are so tiredlessly providing cool fanart. :3

Amberglass: The colours in this piece of art are so calming and well chosen. Good work. I like the fact that the outlines of Tuuri and the swan are also colored and not in black. It gives the piece a soft atmosphere. It is very clean and precise. Very beautiful, a great tribute. Also you other lineart with Tuuri and the dogs is simply beautiful, reassuring and calming. You have a very clean style. I admire that. It's very cute and very different from your other piece.

October Sky: It is great that you mustered the courage to post your pictures here and they are very well done for somebody who by his own account hasn't drawn for some time. Tuuri as a bird is very cute and recognizable. Again it's a great tribute. Your Out of Reach picture is very interesting. It looks simplistic but is very detailed. One needs to look several times to see it. It is a nice idea to combine Lalli with the cat-like figure and his grief is very visibile in the dark sky. Also I like the way you drew the waves.

heiteru: I like the simplicity of your artwork in terms of colours and facial expression. It still has a positive message with Tuuri as the sun. And her hair is very detailed. Very cute.

Olga Veresk: You can draw water! I envy you. This piece is different as it doesn't depict people as most of the other artworks do. Still it symbolizes the crew and the recent event in a very abstract way. Great concept and composition!

Owlsg0: You have an interesting, a bit shaky style but manage to capture the characters' expressions, movements and poses perfectly. The ideas of your small comics are very cute and again great tributes to Tuuri. (I start repeating myself, but I find it fascinating and reassuring how different and well thought-of these tributes are...)

Unlos: Your drawing style is extraordinary. You manage to capture Minna's spirit in these artworks so well. And you are so productive. I love your Reynir in this shirt. A very expressive piece and I envy people who are able to draw characters in clothes that have a motive on them. I also love your two other pieces. The Emil/Lalli one is really heartwarming. A great way to modify the request pose. And Tuuri as Zelda is so fantastic and fitting. I love all the details and the shading in this artwork. <3

Abprallen: It might "only" be a lineart, but it is very expressive. I admire people who can transport so much expression in a sketch. Great job!

I have another question which might or might not be of technical nature. I know this thread to be full of supportive people who always comment on every piece of art in a polite an encouraging manner. This is really an environment where one feels safe to post art. So I was quite surprised about the lack of reaction I received when posting mine because that was so atypical and it was basically ignored. This is in no way an accusation! I felt that maybe the tone of the artwork was inappropriate/ it did not appeal to the common taste and that is quite alright. So I interpreted the lack of reaction as a "If you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" - but then I thought that this was atypical as well, since criticism is something most people voice in a considerate and nice way in this thread. So I was wondering if maybe you weren't able to see my picture because I hosted it with Dropbox. For me it is appearing as it should, but it is my picture. I'm a bit uncertain right now if that were the case because I would never be able to see it.
Native:
Fluent:
Communication is possible:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12086 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:59 PM »
Okay here it comes... my first SSSS fanart and the first artwork I did in quite some time.

Camir, thank you so much for your lovely and encouraging comments! As to the issue you're adressing, I am very sure your lack of response was due to the erratic beat of the activity of the board, and not to the artwork itself. Because your picture is wonderful, and I am genuinely sorry for neglecting to comment - I know feedback means a lot and that posting something that receives nothing but silence is discouraging.

So, on to what I should have said when first seeing, and appreciating your art: welcome to the art museum,  and thank you for sharing your art with us! I like both the composition, theme and delicate coloring. Something to be proud of!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:52:58 PM by Unlos »

CAMIR

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she
« Reply #12087 on: August 02, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
Camir, thank you so much for your lovely and encouraging comments! As to the issue you're adressing, I am very sure your lack of response was due to the erratic beat of the activity of the board, and not to the artwork itself. Because your picture is wonderful, and I am genuinely sorry for neglecting to comment - I know feedback means a lot and that posting something that receives nothing but silence is discouraging.

So, on to what I should have said when first seeing, and appreciating your art: welcome to the art museum,  and thank you for sharing your art with us! I like both the composition, theme and delicate coloring. Something to be proud of!

Unlos, I need to thank you for your encouragement and your lovely words. As I said I wasn't complaining, but since Dropbox changed their terms of service and the "Public" Folder no longer exists I felt a bit insecure. It's good to know that the hosting still works as intended. And there is no need to feel sorry.
You are definitely right though that feedback means a lot for artists. I am not denying this. So I am really happy about your kind words and words of welcome. :3
Native:
Fluent:
Communication is possible:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #12088 on: August 02, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/joke-battles/images/b/b1/Zelda.png/revision/latest?cb=20160114021544

Fun fact, the game's character page on TVTropes uses your exact image. Her dress tends to change between games.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:10:47 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #12089 on: August 03, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »

(It was late so I gave up on the pattern of the gloves and border of the skirt)

((That is indeed the Twilight Princess Zelda!))

CAMIR - I can't see the picture you posted :( I trust Unlos' judgement however in that it is lovely <3 I'm sure it's something to be proud of :) And thank you! <3