Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 142784 times)

nonwal

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2015, 07:49:57 PM »
A 10-second closet cosplay because I realized my cousin's dog looks kinda like spiderdog. My hair isn't quite long enough to be like Emil's, but let's pretend this is a lovely AU where everyone is happy and nothing hurts.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »

Closet cosplay time because the sweater needed some action and I needed a break. I promise there'll be a proper Sigrun cosplay this summer because - because - because - uhh you know, I can't not cosplay Sigrun...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »

Closet cosplay time because the sweater needed some action and I needed a break. I promise there'll be a proper Sigrun cosplay this summer because - because - because - uhh you know, I can't not cosplay Sigrun...

If Sigrun had a pair of warlock boots like that that would actually be awesome. Minna pls.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2015, 06:53:36 PM »

It's a very good beginning for a Sigrun cosplay, to my mind :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2015, 08:11:11 PM »

did anyone say this yet? you are the most best yet! xD
I like the sweater.... now I feel to get a sweater like that... I'll ask my mum if I could get a sweater like that for christmas.... aaand I could cosplay Sigrun this way as well lol *not obsessed with cosplaying Sigrun, noo*
Spoiler: this is what i got last year • show
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2015, 08:22:19 PM »

Oh wow, that looks great!!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2015, 06:41:51 AM »
Mélusine + Star: Thank you!

If Sigrun had a pair of warlock boots like that that would actually be awesome. Minna pls.

Yes. O.O YES. Besides this particular pair is quite good as boots go, would not mind having actual comfortable shoes for cosplay for once.

aaand I could cosplay Sigrun this way as well lol *not obsessed with cosplaying Sigrun, noo*
Spoiler: this is what i got last year • show

Ooooh sounds good, all Sigrun cosplays that happen make the world a better place (at least for me). Thumbs up for the jussipaita, wonderful choice, excellent! And since we're talking about that particular fandom... hello there fellow Hetalia fan!

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2015, 06:49:43 AM »

The cosplay is amazing by the way - the sweater is spot on and actually styling your own hair is some next level dedication. It just needs some more back-scratching.
Follow up questions though: a) what book is that b) is that a rock on stilts in the background?

Mélusine

« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
Now all you need is an abandoned building, Laufey ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2015, 07:23:57 AM »
The cosplay is amazing by the way - the sweater is spot on and actually styling your own hair is some next level dedication. It just needs some more back-scratching.
Follow up questions though: a) what book is that b) is that a rock on stilts in the background?

Noted, next time I'll bully my hair so thoroughly it'll keep form if it rains on me and that's a promise!

The book is Ósköpin öll (a bit hard to translate but ósköp generally means a bad lot in life, an unhappy deal... so it's basically "All Life's Trouble") and it's apparently about some farmer couple's relationship or something - right on par there with books on golf or shovels. The thing on the background is a piece of driftwood on stilts, it's quite a common type of garden decoration here. Old rusty anchors might be the most popular but pieces of driftwood are a close second.

Now all you need is an abandoned building, Laufey ;)

I actually know a few places so this may even be an option. :D They're not all old Icelandic turf house ruins either, it just so happens that when the bubble burst and Iceland entered depression many building projects were abandoned halfway. Some were later picked up again by some other company than the original and completed, some just stand there rotting quietly.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2015, 07:58:07 AM »
The thing on the background is a piece of driftwood on stilts, it's quite a common type of garden decoration here. Old rusty anchors might be the most popular but pieces of driftwood are a close second.
At first look my brain was like "oh look a floating potato with legs" and I was going to mention something but I fell asleep. *is too jetlagged to thing properly*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:54:34 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »

EEEEEEEEEE *takes breath* -EEEEEEEEeeeee e e e ee eee e e e e

I've also been trying to make out what the cover of that book says and cannot for the life of me, so thank you for explaining. I will now go back to thinking about how adding "on stilts" can make any phrase really hilarious.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
I will now go back to thinking about how adding "on stilts" can make any phrase really hilarious.

Can we name the rock/potato/driftwood on stilts? Pleeeeeeeaaaaase?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »

Huh wow, that sweater is definitely on point (as in, that appears to be a perfect replica of the Sigrun sweater and it is amazing  :o), and the book attitude is very Sigrun as well. Please please please post all the pictures of your future Sigrun cosplay because I'm sure that it will be fantastic!

<funny story about silly putty>
pppppht, that actually pretty funny and I will take your advice to heart. I've a similar story including ridiculously long stick on nails and super glue :P

Uh, so non SSSS cosplays are being posted on here now? I'll hide this under spoilers because it isn't, like super special awesome or anything, and most people probably won't be interested, but I really do like doing this stuff :)
Spoiler: show

Astrid from How to train your Dragon in case people can't tell :P It was so much fun to do!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc