Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 142756 times)

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #615 on: July 07, 2016, 02:13:03 PM »
Quote from: moonamaija
Hehe, bringing some life to this thread! Tuuri and Lalli's Keuruu uniform cosplay is coming together. Lalli's trousers, undertunic and overtunic are done except for the ribbon, and the wig arrived yesterday. I ordered this one: https://www.coscraft.co.uk/lily/923-lily-in-ash-blonde.html and it's pretty much as perfect as it comes. I outsourced Lalli's rifle to dad, and he estimated it to be ready tonight. Next up: boot covers. :V

My lil bro is the one cosplaying Lalli and he's out of town atm so no full-on cosplay pics yet, but here's some details:
Ah man this looks like it's gonna be really cool! And wow your hair is great!
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #616 on: July 07, 2016, 02:57:09 PM »
Hehe, bringing some life to this thread! Tuuri and Lalli's Keuruu uniform cosplay is coming together. Lalli's trousers, undertunic and overtunic are done except for the ribbon, and the wig arrived yesterday. I ordered this one: https://www.coscraft.co.uk/lily/923-lily-in-ash-blonde.html and it's pretty much as perfect as it comes. I outsourced Lalli's rifle to dad, and he estimated it to be ready tonight. Next up: boot covers. :V

My lil bro is the one cosplaying Lalli and he's out of town atm so no full-on cosplay pics yet, but here's some details:

Spoiler: show

This is how I ended up doing the ribbon/collar thingy. Gotta iron it but imo it looks pretty nice already! The whole cosplay ended up as kind of mush-up of historical and modern clothing, but I guess considering the setting it might be as canon as any other interpretation :D

I got the Tuuri haircut and here's some styling practice. Idk if I should do it messier or neater, hmm.

All of this looks super awesome and I'm excited to see how it turns out!!
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #617 on: July 07, 2016, 03:25:13 PM »

This is how I ended up doing the ribbon/collar thingy. Gotta iron it but imo it looks pretty nice already! The whole cosplay ended up as kind of mush-up of historical and modern clothing, but I guess considering the setting it might be as canon as any other interpretation :D

I got the Tuuri haircut and here's some styling practice. Idk if I should do it messier or neater, hmm.

Eee, I so excited to see the finished versions! You look just like Tuuri with that haircut, wow. :D
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #618 on: July 07, 2016, 08:27:53 PM »

Oh, my GOOOOOOODNEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! YOU'RE TUURI!!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #619 on: July 07, 2016, 11:33:50 PM »

OHMYGOSSSSHHH you're super duper cute! I think your hair looks great, it's even the right color! Tuuri's hair has always been a bit of a mystery for me (how even does it WORK??? It sticks out and defies gravity, so POOFY) so I think you've made it look the most feasible that you possibly could. Good job, can't wait to see your great cosplay!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #620 on: July 08, 2016, 07:27:17 AM »
AAAND I am actually working on Sigrun cosplay at the moment and Emil (for my friend, but maybe I lend her jacket, since they are not exactly same, and the Emil wig is mine)
Spoiler: the mess while making the cosplay • show

and now I think of buying here a new wig for Sigrun, because the one I have kind sucks, old and used and I kinda hate RED wigs, I would want it like the long one I have.... BUt still thinking of it... until then I have the old wig, which I could try to re-style again

and I am not really planning to cosplay Reynir.... xD but in few years my hair will be good for Reynir, so if I even want to cosplay REynir, I would use my read hair, because it is easier to style xD
Haha that mess! My desk is pretty horrible atm, good thing it's in the bedroom... :D I also like to prefer my own hair for cosplay, especially if it 'fits' the source, y'know? Very bright and moe anime cosplays are better with wigs, for example, but the more 'natural' the original work, the better real hair fits. Of course, wigs can still look nicer - sorry, I don't think I'm any help to you :'D

Ah man this looks like it's gonna be really cool! And wow your hair is great!
All of this looks super awesome and I'm excited to see how it turns out!!
Eee, I so excited to see the finished versions! You look just like Tuuri with that haircut, wow. :D
Oh, my GOOOOOOODNEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! YOU'RE TUURI!!!
Omg thank you all!! I try to post photos of the whole cosplay as soon as there's anything to show, maybe this weekend. I want to do some cosplay shoots already! :D

OHMYGOSSSSHHH you're super duper cute! I think your hair looks great, it's even the right color! Tuuri's hair has always been a bit of a mystery for me (how even does it WORK??? It sticks out and defies gravity, so POOFY) so I think you've made it look the most feasible that you possibly could. Good job, can't wait to see your great cosplay!
Thank you!! Most of the awesome poofiness was done by my even more awesome hairstylist friend who did such a good job with the haircut. <3 My own color is pretty close to that, but she also put a granny mask on it so it's a bit colder shade than usual. Other than that, it's just hair wax and 20 minutes of cursing to the mirror :D I found out there's a fine line between Tuuri and Tintin... Next I've to figure out how to get it stay like that :D
But Crowley remembered what Heaven was like, and it had quite a few things in common with Hell. You couldn't get a decent drink in either of them, for a start. And the boredom you got in Heaven was almost as bad as the excitement you got in Hell.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #621 on: July 08, 2016, 09:26:20 AM »
Haha that mess! My desk is pretty horrible atm, good thing it's in the bedroom... :D I also like to prefer my own hair for cosplay, especially if it 'fits' the source, y'know? Very bright and moe anime cosplays are better with wigs, for example, but the more 'natural' the original work, the better real hair fits. Of course, wigs can still look nicer - sorry, I don't think I'm any help to you :'D

I would use real hair too, BUT I am not blonde, and dying it to the correct colour is hard. AND my hair grows super fast, when I had really light blondeish hair, in half day I could see that my hair grew.

But I tried Sigrun with real hair, it was easier to style then the wig (I posted earlier), but I got haircut again and my hair is again too different for doing Sigrun with real hair...

your hair seems to pluffy, I wanna touch it!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #622 on: July 09, 2016, 05:28:14 AM »
Moonamaija, you'll be an amazing Tuuri ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #623 on: July 09, 2016, 07:29:01 AM »
There is clearly some Take On Me level weirdness going on where Tuuri has escaped from the comic and is masquerading as this Moonamaija person ;D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #624 on: July 09, 2016, 03:44:08 PM »
There is clearly some Take On Me level weirdness going on where Tuuri has escaped from the comic and is masquerading as this Moonamaija person ;D

That is... Very weird. And Moonamaija, the cosplay is looking amazing so far! That hair is perfect!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #625 on: July 16, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »
I would use real hair too, BUT I am not blonde, and dying it to the correct colour is hard. AND my hair grows super fast, when I had really light blondeish hair, in half day I could see that my hair grew.

Uggghh, I'm so jelly, my hair takes so long to grow! Which puts me in a real predicament, because I like to experiment with my hair and get fun hair cuts, but I know that if I do something to it, it will take months for it to grow out again. :-\  I haven't cut my hair since last summer, when it came down to my jawline, and it's only just now touching my shoulders. Blegh
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
Well, I can't say it's planned cosplay, because my friend and me, we were going to take the photoshoot during winter, not in summer, but participate the movie, fiction, and science (and also comic and cosplay) festival was a good idea as the first attempt. Now I can see some good things, as the ones to be improved. I can shamelessly share literally a couple of pics, the others may be later. Hope you'll enjoy )

As you may (not) remember, Owl once shared SSSS and Marvel crossover scribbles. So, I couldn't stand a temptation to cosplay Lalli as Loki  ;)

Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #627 on: July 22, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
Yesterday I finally got my wig for Onni, but not styled yet
and I just tried Tuuri:

can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #628 on: July 22, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
and I just tried Tuuri:

AHh, that's such a cute and perfect wig for Tuuri !!!

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #629 on: July 22, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
and I just tried Tuuri: