Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 142765 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #600 on: February 29, 2016, 01:26:50 PM »
Yeaaaahhh!! That was EXACTLY this moment from the comics!!! XD That was an accidental sneezing while taking photo….But, well, let’s think it’s a good omen when you look like your cosplay character even if you're just sneezing:)))) And the mage costume is 80% done!!!!

Oh, very nice!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #601 on: February 29, 2016, 02:13:15 PM »
Yeaaaahhh!! That was EXACTLY this moment from the comics!!! XD That was an accidental sneezing while taking photo….But, well, let’s think it’s a good omen when you look like your cosplay character even if you're just sneezing:)))) And the mage costume is 80% done!!!!

Ha! That's too funny, it really is just like the comic! And the costume looks really great too. :)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #602 on: February 29, 2016, 02:20:11 PM »
For the next photo, you'll need an assistant to throw dust ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Stacy_S

« Reply #603 on: February 29, 2016, 02:40:23 PM »
For the next photo, you'll need an assistant to throw dust ^^

Aha-ha, that's an idea by the way :)) Frankly speaking, I wish I had Emil with a dusty book :'( :'( :'(

Stacy_S

« Reply #604 on: February 29, 2016, 02:52:30 PM »
Ha! That's too funny, it really is just like the comic! And the costume looks really great too. :)

Thanks a lot! But the remaining 20% is really a disaster :o :o :o That's that fur thing on his collar and the turn-ups. OMG.

Stacy_S

« Reply #605 on: February 29, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
Well, and one picture where I don't look like an idiot ::) ::) ::)

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #606 on: March 29, 2016, 09:24:26 AM »
My Sigrun cosplay with the sweater. I know I posted the first pic already, but I wanted to share it with a newer pic to compare it with.

I really tried to style the wig in the best way, but the wig is totally impossible to style, none of the tutorial is helpful for me there.
and here is my real hair styled for Sigrun, which is REALLY easy to style without any hair products, while for wig I used tons of them but none of them helped much. Also my real hair looks really fluffy and soft, compared to the wig.

anyone knows how to make a wig looks like my hair? because soon I will get a new haircut and maybe I won't keep my hair in the way to be good for Sigrun. Also this is the colours I can get with my hairdye I use. gingerish blondish brownish or I dunno what it is. I would never want really red colour like the wig (orange-ish is okay, I dunno how to dye it that way by myself. I am still new for hairdying)

question, which one you like me? try to keep my hair this way (haircut+hairdye) or try to keep styling the wig
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #607 on: March 29, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »
I think your own hair looks a lot better, Martti! It's easier to be proper Sigrun-type active too when you don't have to worry about losing your wig xP
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #608 on: March 29, 2016, 11:52:44 AM »
I'll second Rabbit on that one, Martti. Your own hair is easier to maintain and care for than a wig, looks far prettier, and won't come off if you are doing Sigrun-style violent exertion! And the sweater looks great!

Stacy: nice Lalli! You have the eyes and the expression down pat!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #609 on: March 29, 2016, 01:40:29 PM »
question, which one you like me? try to keep my hair this way (haircut+hairdye) or try to keep styling the wig

Totally your own hair.  It looks great.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #610 on: July 07, 2016, 09:09:37 AM »
Hehe, bringing some life to this thread! Tuuri and Lalli's Keuruu uniform cosplay is coming together. Lalli's trousers, undertunic and overtunic are done except for the ribbon, and the wig arrived yesterday. I ordered this one: https://www.coscraft.co.uk/lily/923-lily-in-ash-blonde.html and it's pretty much as perfect as it comes. I outsourced Lalli's rifle to dad, and he estimated it to be ready tonight. Next up: boot covers. :V

My lil bro is the one cosplaying Lalli and he's out of town atm so no full-on cosplay pics yet, but here's some details:

Spoiler: show

This is how I ended up doing the ribbon/collar thingy. Gotta iron it but imo it looks pretty nice already! The whole cosplay ended up as kind of mush-up of historical and modern clothing, but I guess considering the setting it might be as canon as any other interpretation :D

I got the Tuuri haircut and here's some styling practice. Idk if I should do it messier or neater, hmm.
But Crowley remembered what Heaven was like, and it had quite a few things in common with Hell. You couldn't get a decent drink in either of them, for a start. And the boredom you got in Heaven was almost as bad as the excitement you got in Hell.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #611 on: July 07, 2016, 09:40:53 AM »
Hehe, bringing some life to this thread! Tuuri and Lalli's Keuruu uniform cosplay is coming together. Lalli's trousers, undertunic and overtunic are done except for the ribbon, and the wig arrived yesterday. I ordered this one: https://www.coscraft.co.uk/lily/923-lily-in-ash-blonde.html and it's pretty much as perfect as it comes. I outsourced Lalli's rifle to dad, and he estimated it to be ready tonight. Next up: boot covers. :V

My lil bro is the one cosplaying Lalli and he's out of town atm so no full-on cosplay pics yet, but here's some details:

This is how I ended up doing the ribbon/collar thingy. Gotta iron it but imo it looks pretty nice already! The whole cosplay ended up as kind of mush-up of historical and modern clothing, but I guess considering the setting it might be as canon as any other interpretation :D

I got the Tuuri haircut and here's some styling practice. Idk if I should do it messier or neater, hmm.

/scream
No ideas on styling, but oh my gosh, you look ADORABLE with that haircut, mate. < 3 < 3
I can hardly wait to see when it'll all come together. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #612 on: July 07, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »
I ordered this one: https://www.coscraft.co.uk/lily/923-lily-in-ash-blonde.html and it's pretty much as perfect as it comes.

aaaand your fault I ordered a wig for Onni......
(I thought to cosplay him but never found a right coloured wig ever..... until now, it seems pretty good colour, how could I resist??)

and yesterday I got this wig

I think I have an obsession of ordering wigs....
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #613 on: July 07, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »
/scream
No ideas on styling, but oh my gosh, you look ADORABLE with that haircut, mate. < 3 < 3
I can hardly wait to see when it'll all come together. : D
Aww man you and your super nice words always make my day! Thank you and I hope I'll get to post some actual cosplay photos in the weekend. I'm on fire!!

aaaand your fault I ordered a wig for Onni......
(I thought to cosplay him but never found a right coloured wig ever..... until now, it seems pretty good colour, how could I resist??)

and yesterday I got this wig

I think I have an obsession of ordering wigs....
Haha I'd cheer you on with your obsession but my bank account feels for its fellows. Wigs don't really cost that much but man does it all add up... But really, I bet you'd make the most best badass Onni. You do make such a cool Reynir! And the color IS awesome in real life too, not too shiny or anything even!
But Crowley remembered what Heaven was like, and it had quite a few things in common with Hell. You couldn't get a decent drink in either of them, for a start. And the boredom you got in Heaven was almost as bad as the excitement you got in Hell.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #614 on: July 07, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »
Aww man you and your super nice words always make my day! Thank you and I hope I'll get to post some actual cosplay photos in the weekend. I'm on fire!!
Haha I'd cheer you on with your obsession but my bank account feels for its fellows. Wigs don't really cost that much but man does it all add up... But really, I bet you'd make the most best badass Onni. You do make such a cool Reynir! And the color IS awesome in real life too, not too shiny or anything even!
AAAND I am actually working on Sigrun cosplay at the moment and Emil (for my friend, but maybe I lend her jacket, since they are not exactly same, and the Emil wig is mine)
Spoiler: the mess while making the cosplay • show

and now I think of buying here a new wig for Sigrun, because the one I have kind sucks, old and used and I kinda hate RED wigs, I would want it like the long one I have.... BUt still thinking of it... until then I have the old wig, which I could try to re-style again

and I am not really planning to cosplay Reynir.... xD but in few years my hair will be good for Reynir, so if I even want to cosplay REynir, I would use my read hair, because it is easier to style xD