Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 141951 times)

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #705 on: September 25, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »
Wow, this looks really neatly! Who exactly do you cosplay? :)
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #706 on: September 25, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »

Aaaaaaah it's so pretty XoX!!! I can't wait to see how the full piece turns out!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #707 on: September 25, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
Decemberwynn, that's nicely done. Would make a really good edging for clothes, or maybe something like a belt or neck bow on Lalli's civilian clothes.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #708 on: August 16, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »

Reynir's new coveralls have me feeling some kind of way (trying to engineer that knit + woven fabric construction in my head)

So impressed with all the awesome work in this thread, by the way! So many different takes on the crew <3

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #709 on: August 16, 2018, 05:42:32 PM »

Reynir's new coveralls have me feeling some kind of way (trying to engineer that knit + woven fabric construction in my head)

So impressed with all the awesome work in this thread, by the way! So many different takes on the crew <3
Hey, might as well get a head-start for the next adventure, right? And if you’re willing to be patient, you can have both cosplays eventually!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #710 on: August 17, 2018, 06:40:11 PM »

Hahaha!
I hope you figure out the overall ;)
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Lan

• Super-Newbie
  • Wicked Witch of the West
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #711 on: August 16, 2019, 08:01:07 AM »
Hello,
i'm Lan or Jule, new here and really shy and socially arkward.
I've just started to work on my first ssss cosplay and it's going to be Reynir. At the moment i'm working on his coat

All your cosplays here in this thread look awesome !

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #712 on: August 16, 2019, 08:33:39 AM »
We have a cosplay thread?

We have a cosplay thread.

*Dives in*
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Demopans

« Reply #713 on: August 16, 2019, 11:57:56 AM »
What is the simplist cosplay then? A trench coat with a hoodie?

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #714 on: August 16, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »
Hi, Lan! Welcome! The Reynir coat looks very warm and cozy
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Oripoke

• Tumblr
« Reply #715 on: August 17, 2019, 11:47:39 AM »
That hoodie looks amazing! I'd wear that on a normal day, let alone as a cosplay. Fantastic work so far!

Lan

• Super-Newbie
  • Wicked Witch of the West
« Reply #716 on: August 21, 2019, 02:41:23 PM »
Thank you <3

I visited my parents for the past 4 days, so there is no progress on the coat. I'm currently adding the lining, but the linnen needs to be trimmed first to stop the fraying.
Meanwile i'm torturing my embroidery machine for the border (i dont know the right word) of Reynirs tunic. I wanted to buy some, but i could only find celtic ribbons, so i decided to make it myself...well 30cm of it take 60 minutes -___-
While visiting my parents i modelled and casted (until the materials ran out) the rune pieces for his coat, belt, hair and shoes. Some are already painted but there is still a huge pile to work on and i will have to cast some more

Keep your fingers crossed, that i really get rid of my braces tomorrow, so i can finally take some make up test pictures... smiling
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:45:08 PM by Lan »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #717 on: August 21, 2019, 06:04:27 PM »
Thank you <3

I visited my parents for the past 4 days, so there is no progress on the coat. I'm currently adding the lining, but the linnen needs to be trimmed first to stop the fraying.
Meanwile i'm torturing my embroidery machine for the border (i dont know the right word) of Reynirs tunic. I wanted to buy some, but i could only find celtic ribbons, so i decided to make it myself...well 30cm of it take 60 minutes -___-
While visiting my parents i modelled and casted (until the materials ran out) the rune pieces for his coat, belt, hair and shoes. Some are already painted but there is still a huge pile to work on and i will have to cast some more

Keep your fingers crossed, that i really get rid of my braces tomorrow, so i can finally take some make up test pictures... smiling

The ingenuity of cosplayers always astounds me.  You're casting your own buttons?!  XoX
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #718 on: August 27, 2019, 06:44:38 AM »
Those buttons look amazing!!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

TubularFox

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE
LOOKING FOR PATTERN RECOMMENDATIONS~~~
« Reply #719 on: November 10, 2021, 04:15:43 PM »
Hey everyone!  How y'all doing~~  I am Tubu, and I've been reading SSSS only since September of this year (a friend rec'd it to me three years ago, I bought the first two books and then I was in law school, haha, I did NOTHING else for those next three years), but now I am all caught up!  And since I am out of school again finally, I have time for cosplay!!!! 

I know there are many pages of this thread before me, so I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know of a good pattern I could adapt for the crew's First Adventure uniform coat?  (Specifically Emil's, but they're pretty much, you know, uniform haha).  I'm not the most advanced at sewing, but I'm fairly tenacious when it comes to cosplay and I have a very patient mother with more skills~~  I tried to click on the link in the first post about the uniform discussion, but I got an error message. :(

Thanks in advance for any help!
native: American English
was once proficient: Japanese
hoping to learn: Swedish