Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 141980 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 12:45:18 PM »
I hope to have an Emil cosplay done by October, in time for either Halloween or New York ComicCon. I have no idea how to make a costume, but I got a black, fitted turtleneck, so that's step 1! If I go through with this, I'll post my progress here.

You could do the outfit he wore in Mora!

Also, should I repost my Emil pictures that were in the art thread? or can someone move those?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 12:51:51 PM »

Also, should I repost my Emil pictures that were in the art thread? or can someone move those?

(But I want the little flares that I can rip off my belt and throw at things! Also I thought it might be funny to recreate my avatar, sans-flame.)

I think reposting is fine - wouldn't the old posts show up before the current posts anyway?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:46:32 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 01:07:45 PM »

I'm happy to move your Emil photos if you like.  (IIRC, those were the ones where you've got his hairdo?)  Do you mind sending me the link to one, so I can find them quickly?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
I'm happy to move your Emil photos if you like.  (IIRC, those were the ones where you've got his hairdo?)  Do you mind sending me the link to one, so I can find them quickly?
Sure, I'll PM you the links~

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
Please do!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
I pulled a closet Braidy cosplay out of my butt after seeing this thread. Forgive the awful wig, I only have two red-haired wigs and one of them is styled for Daphne (from Scooby Doo...) I actually really like having freckles and I wish I could draw them on permanently aha

(Look, I can make other faces than o_o )

Me, Freddie (she's new on this forum 8)), and my other friend are going to cosplay Braidy, Lalli, and Emil and also Sigrun, Braidy, and Emil respectively. That's planned for the vague future, however, so don't expect anything soon.

Edit: gosh dang am I going to have to upload these to tumblr? the links don't seem to be working...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:11:28 PM by Curry »
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
Does anyone else think the title of this thread should have an exclamation point? I keep reading it and thinking the title should be more enthusiastic.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »

Edit: gosh dang am I going to have to upload these to tumblr? the links don't seem to be working...
You can try Imgur, that seems to work every time

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »
Hmm i can't see those links ;-;

EDIT: oh also Photobucket seems to be a good choice at least for me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 04:13:11 PM »
Okay, yep, working now! Thanks for dealing with my lack of knowledge on how to internet!
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »
Does anyone else think the title of this thread should have an exclamation point? I keep reading it and thinking the title should be more enthusiastic.

If at least one other person wants it, I will (!).   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »
I pulled a closet Braidy cosplay out of my butt after seeing this thread. Forgive the awful wig, I only have two red-haired wigs and one of them is styled for Daphne (from Scooby Doo...) I actually really like having freckles and I wish I could draw them on permanently aha
That's very nice for an ad-hoc cosplay. Perhaps some more braidy-esque expressions could bring it up a notch?

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »

(Look, I can make other faces than o_o )

Me, Freddie (she's new on this forum 8)), and my other friend are going to cosplay Braidy, Lalli, and Emil and also Sigrun, Braidy, and Emil respectively. That's planned for the vague future, however, so don't expect anything soon.

Dang these are actually so adorable I am quite literally dying from overload of cuteness. Can't wait to do this for real though, you make such a good Braidy and are going to slayyyy  as Sigrun
Anyway 10/10 thumbs up

P__

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
I actually really like having freckles and I wish I could draw them on permanently aha
A good enough tattooist could arrange that. Or probably also an aesthetic surgeon, for *real* freckles

also, cue Braidy never being cosplayed by a dude, ever
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 06:55:46 PM »
Fimbulvarg said more Braidy-esque expressions, so naturally I'm taking that as an excuse to take more pictures.

No cats were harmed in the taking of the pictures, though one innocent cosplayer had their stomach scratched up quite a bit. (thank you, uncooperative cat who isn't even canon anyway)
Then some notable out-of-character pictures that may turn out to be in character, depending on who Braidy even is:

A good enough tattooist could arrange that. Or probably also an aesthetic surgeon, for *real* freckles

also, cue Braidy never being cosplayed by a dude, ever
Ehe, yeah, I'm probably just going to stick with getting more sun for now. I used to have them, but right now they've faded to like two.
And I'm pretty sure he's just going to be stuck with forever-undudeness unless some intrepid male cosplayer decides to help us out here (unsubtle hint)
YEET