Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 401339 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #450 on: June 27, 2015, 07:38:00 AM »
BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE BEEN IN HERE lmao heres a thing i drew last night for a friend of mine!

it looks way better against a dark background but it also just looks kind of wonky SO. JUST WHITE.
So pretty! :D I think it works really well on both white and black background :)

callipygous your art gives my soul peace

Also, just dropping off some art I made a while ago (didn't want to post everything at once) Some works I'm content with ::) I've been doing digital art for some years now, but lately I've started going back to traditional. I find it much more pleasing to work with for some reason.

Also you can find these in bigger resolution on my dA, http://mawara.deviantart.com/

I really like the atmosphere in this one ;D And the dragons look cool!! I like how they don't look like classical dragons :)

I simply love dragons (I have a big-ish collection back at home), but have hardly ever drawn one. Why are they so hard to draw? ;n; Here's the only one I have in my dA gallery atm:

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2015, 12:00:33 AM »

HAPPY SELF INSERT WEEKEND

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2015, 07:05:44 AM »
A thing that I made before I went to Japan:

(the characters mean Japan)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »
ohohohoh the dragons are beautiful ;w;
I can't draw them //cries in the corner//
I made an OC with a dragon creator and it's this one:

His name is Ignis
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »
Amazing dragons, Ana!! Now I want some too!  ;D

SolarPoweredGirl: Doctoooor <3 (lovely insert!)

Feartheviolas: That's really cute! It looks like the beginning of a comic ("Fear's adventures in Japan, Part 1").
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
Aw, thank you all for the comments!  ;D Papercutting really isn't too hard, so you should all try it out! (But don't hurt yourselves!)

HAPPY SELF INSERT WEEKEND

CAN THAT PLEASE BE ME?? I wish I were in her position! I like the style too :)

A thing that I made before I went to Japan:

(the characters mean Japan)

Japan! Have I mentioned yet that I love your watercolors? The effect is just so nice and smooth, and almost soothing to look at. :)

ohohohoh the dragons are beautiful ;w;
I can't draw them //cries in the corner//
I made an OC with a dragon creator and it's this one:

His name is Ignis

Just do what I do and give them no legs! Then all you need to draw is a snake with wings :P I like the patterns and designs on Ignis, and he seems to be a young, confident sort of dragon. Cool!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »
hello everyone, your art is super great so blanket appreciation from me! aND I FINALLY HAVE SOME FRESH THIngS TO poST HERE

new OC that is creepin out of the brainshadows:

(and I posted a tutorial for how I did the colourstuffs on this one in the art tutorial thread!)

IT'S PINEY'S BIRTHDAY TODAY and I had this cutie waiting in my tumblr queue all week for this

I know nothing about this OC but I love him already
(hap birthday piney!!)

oh and my family members made me draw them - my grandmother and my cousin. I mean I tried but they didn't sit still, so it's not my fault it doesn't really look like them.

+ this super quick silly thing I did for self insert day

(it's N from pokemon black/white, his shirt says "save the wailords")

you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #457 on: June 28, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
hello everyone, your art is super great so blanket appreciation from me! aND I FINALLY HAVE SOME FRESH THIngS TO poST HERE
oh and my family members made me draw them - my grandmother and my cousin. I mean I tried but they didn't sit still, so it's not my fault it doesn't really look like them.

I really love these! I don't think I've seen you work in such a realistic style before.
And family members are so hard to draw especially because you know what they're supposed to look like.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #458 on: June 28, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »
I really love these! I don't think I've seen you work in such a realistic style before.
And family members are so hard to draw especially because you know what they're supposed to look like.
thanks! I don't really have a good reason to draw realistic style now that I don't go to art school anymore... But I have some pics from when I still did:

both were drawn after photos, and look a lot more like they're supposed to - you only have my word on that but you trust me, right? Man on the left was someone in a newspaper, and the woman on the left is my late norwegian grandmother.

and then there was the time I was drawing a snake:

WHICH I THINK TURNED OUT PRETTY WELL, except I had a lot of breakdowns on the way. Not because drawing was hard, but because I kept thinking about how snakes don't have any limbs, they're just a head with a tail?? or a really long neck?? HOW DID THEY BECOME LIKE THIS

hahahahaha I'm fine

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #459 on: June 28, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »
IT'S PINEY'S BIRTHDAY TODAY and I had this cutie waiting in my tumblr queue all week for this

I know nothing about this OC but I love him already
(hap birthday piney!!)

I'VE BEEN MENTALLY SCREAMING ABOUT THIS ALL DAY thank you so much
I've also been periodically opening tumblr throughout the day so I can look at it
Nothing makes me happier than when people draw my characters >.<

(also what a great snake)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #460 on: June 28, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »
KJDSFKJFSDHFDSHDFGHIEDFJK THAT SNAKE IS SO PERFECT
Actually, some snakes do have teeny tiny little vestigial leg-bones buried in their bodies. And they have ribs and stuff.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #461 on: June 28, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »
I'VE BEEN MENTALLY SCREAMING ABOUT THIS ALL DAY thank you so much
I've also been periodically opening tumblr throughout the day so I can look at it
Nothing makes me happier than when people draw my characters >.<
I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!!!! i got so happy reading this reaction i walked around in circles clapping my hands like a weird seal
i'm also rly tempted to draw your mask characters one day maybe but i shouldnt make promises

KJDSFKJFSDHFDSHDFGHIEDFJK THAT SNAKE IS SO PERFECT
Actually, some snakes do have teeny tiny little vestigial leg-bones buried in their bodies. And they have ribs and stuff.
THANK YOU
and also I already know that, which is why I kept spiraling deeper and deeper into why they don't have legs. like, on the outside. what kind of evolution takes AWAY your legs

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #462 on: June 28, 2015, 05:09:17 PM »
thanks! I don't really have a good reason to draw realistic style now that I don't go to art school anymore... But I have some pics from when I still did:
*glorious art*
MAGIC. I love it, these are so good!!! Especially the snake! which is staring into my soul
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #463 on: June 28, 2015, 05:10:18 PM »
and also I already know that, which is why I kept spiraling deeper and deeper into why they don't have legs. like, on the outside. what kind of evolution takes AWAY your legs
I read something that said that early snakes burrowed, so maybe the legs would catch on tunnel-walls and make them slower?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #464 on: June 28, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »
I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!!!! i got so happy reading this reaction i walked around in circles clapping my hands like a weird seal
i'm also rly tempted to draw your mask characters one day maybe but i shouldnt make promises

*cough*Mith did draw one of them so*cough*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:39:35 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: