Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 400813 times)

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2040 on: June 15, 2017, 12:32:31 AM »
I made a little ghostie dude in 3D modeling class.

The mountains are low poly because they looked really bad subdivided, but I kinda like them like this they look very aesthetic.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2041 on: June 15, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »
I made a little ghostie dude in 3D modeling class.

The mountains are low poly because they looked really bad subdivided, but I kinda like them like this they look very aesthetic.

Ooh, this is cool! And I agree, the low-poly mountains actually give a different sort of aesthetic, I like it.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2042 on: June 16, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »
I never post anything for too long, I brought a redraw (2009 april - 2017 june)

VS

They both are my old OCs
bigger pics on my tumblr artblog
Wow, your style has changed so much! I really like the new one  XoX

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #2043 on: June 16, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
I never post anything for too long, I brought a redraw (2009 april - 2017 june)

VS

They both are my old OCs
bigger pics on my tumblr artblog

I like how your art basically went from early 90s fire emblem to Blazing sword fire emblem.
From this.
Spoiler: show

to this.

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2044 on: June 16, 2017, 06:44:07 PM »
I like how your art basically went from early 90s fire emblem to Blazing sword fire emblem.
From this.

to this.

you mean..... from this:

to this:

(just link these, because at elast the main characer is same in both and see the difference xD)

but year, my style was more based on the 90s animes which I watched and learnt my first style from, and now.... I managed to get cooler styles in and

Wow, your style has changed so much! I really like the new one  XoX

thanks, I really love it too, not because it is my art, just I love when someone redraws an old art of their and there is a BIG difference between them.... sometimes I see people redraw arts and.... there is no but difference between them, maybe style is different, but the arts level is same, which is not as interesting like in this one, where my art level is really low compared to what I have now.
probably my biggest weakness was to draw body... I drew too big heads, and even shorter legs compared to head or body, but over years, and a lot of arts (and thanks to an irl friend to help me) I managed to learn to draw decent body size compare to the head.

sorry for talking much ;3;
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #2045 on: June 16, 2017, 08:32:59 PM »
Does anyone play Little Nightmares?

I haven't played it myself but I do love these little fellas, wouldn't mind having a couple of these running around my house :))
Probably cause they remind me of "normal" house gnomes.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #2046 on: June 16, 2017, 11:30:34 PM »
you mean..... from this:

to this:

(just link these, because at elast the main characer is same in both and see the difference xD)

but year, my style was more based on the 90s animes which I watched and learnt my first style from, and now.... I managed to get cooler styles in and

thanks, I really love it too, not because it is my art, just I love when someone redraws an old art of their and there is a BIG difference between them.... sometimes I see people redraw arts and.... there is no but difference between them, maybe style is different, but the arts level is same, which is not as interesting like in this one, where my art level is really low compared to what I have now.
probably my biggest weakness was to draw body... I drew too big heads, and even shorter legs compared to head or body, but over years, and a lot of arts (and thanks to an irl friend to help me) I managed to learn to draw decent body size compare to the head.

sorry for talking much ;3;

I feel there is a definite streak of Hetalia in there as well.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2047 on: June 17, 2017, 07:25:16 PM »
I feel there is a definite streak of Hetalia in there as well.
of course, I left that fandom kinda in 2010, and since then tilll.... 2014ish? well, in 2014, joined to ssss, and I kinda tried to get something into my style from it, but before I joined ssss I tried to get new styles so changed a lot
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Athena

« Reply #2048 on: June 22, 2017, 10:13:12 PM »
I may have mentioned in the Books! thread that I read Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea not too long ago, and I really liked it so I did this little painting, inspired by it. I was organizing my art supplies, and came across a watercolour set, so I decided to try it out. I think it turned out well! ^-^

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2049 on: June 23, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
I may have mentioned in the Books! thread that I read Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea not too long ago, and I really liked it so I did this little painting, inspired by it. I was organizing my art supplies, and came across a watercolour set, so I decided to try it out. I think it turned out well! ^-^

I think so too! Those are some nice waves! (hm the compliment seems inadequate but the cresting waves? Really nice! And I don't know if the curved horizon was intentional or not but the effect is great :D

Athena

« Reply #2050 on: June 24, 2017, 12:50:40 AM »
I think so too! Those are some nice waves! (hm the compliment seems inadequate but the cresting waves? Really nice! And I don't know if the curved horizon was intentional or not but the effect is great :D

Thank you!! :D I wasn't sure about how the waves turned out, so its good to hear that they look okay. The horizon absolutely was unintentional, only noticed that now! :P (It might just look like that because it was scanned a bit sideways, not sure.) Anyway, Thanks!

Athena

« Reply #2051 on: June 30, 2017, 12:49:29 AM »
Tried out some more watercolour tonight, it was a lot of fun! I'm really happy with how this one turned out. :)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #2052 on: July 05, 2017, 10:54:31 PM »
*Comes out from lurking cuz I suddenly needed to try digital sketching again*

She's a prototype character, I'm not sure who she is yet.  She just keeps taking over my imagination.  Sci-fi fantasy world.

Edit: I drew a better portrait of my character.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:03:30 PM by Jethan »
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #2053 on: July 27, 2017, 02:54:52 AM »
*Comes out from lurking cuz I suddenly needed to try digital sketching again*

She's a prototype character, I'm not sure who she is yet.  She just keeps taking over my imagination.  Sci-fi fantasy world.

Edit: I drew a better portrait of my character.

ooo nice, I like the shading on the portrait!

I'm just gonna drop these and run *scurrys away*

:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

keitto-kettu

• Tumblr
« Reply #2054 on: July 27, 2017, 09:33:25 AM »
Made this simple little beat thing out of a vibraphone sample!

https://soundcloud.com/magnoliafox/alku

(Wondering if there is a more fitting music-thread to post this in?)
:usa: - native
(colombian) :spain: - second language
:sweden: :japan: - trying to learn