Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 403314 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2025 on: May 06, 2017, 10:05:34 PM »
I don't watch Mob Psycho myself, but I sent this to a few of my friends who do and they seem to like it! I like the way you did the glowy effect.

Thank you! I spent two days trying to get the glowy effect right... then realized I could search "holographic" on Google and use an image as a texture!  :'D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #2026 on: May 10, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »
Antillanka, that's gorgeous! I love the colors you chose and how well they go together!
Clayres, those are all wonderful! I SEE YOU HAVE BEEN DRAGGED INTO THRILLING INTENT WELCOME
Ana, you finished it! The glow on it looks really nice now!

I've done a couple of new things in my absence
Spoiler: you cant escape d&d • show
This is one of my newer characters I haven't gotten to play yet. Her name is Tesni and she's a fire genasi.

Spoiler: some gore but probably not a problem for anyone who reads the comic? • show
This is Grimalkin from the Wardstone Chronicles. She's a witch assassin who has made it her goal in life to basically kill the devil. Here she is pictured triumphantly with his head.

:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #2027 on: May 15, 2017, 02:02:43 PM »
I drew a pair of things:

This scene from The Seventh Seal,

Spoiler: show

And my avatar

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #2028 on: May 18, 2017, 12:00:44 AM »
I haven't posted in here in about 84 years, but I dabbled a bit in digital art in celebration of Mermay.

:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2029 on: May 18, 2017, 12:32:03 AM »
I haven't posted in here in about 84 years, but I dabbled a bit in digital art in celebration of Mermay.

Really cool! I like how you did that glow effect, and the white spots on their skin and the hair both look really cool.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #2030 on: May 18, 2017, 10:05:06 PM »
Really cool! I like how you did that glow effect, and the white spots on their skin and the hair both look really cool.

Thank you so much, Luth! I really appreciate it. ^^ I am a total sucker for freckles, as one such freckled person myself.

Had I known these two drawings would occur so close together, I would've just posted them at the same time. But here we are (another day, another magic lady).

I am still trying to get more comfortable with digital, but I'm pretty chuffed with how this turned out!
This gal is a firebender (as in Avatar: The Last Airbender) but isn't any character in particular.
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2031 on: May 26, 2017, 06:43:28 PM »
ginger: sorry for the late reply, but I really like your fire bender! The fire looks really cool, and the hair too. :)

I sketched some weird creatures last night, I tried just sketching with ink rather than starting with pencil and I like the result! The designs were a bit inspired by mithrysc's creatures that they used to post and a bit inspired by the creatures from Mushi-shi as well.

Spoiler: an edited version because I think it looks cool • show

tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #2032 on: May 27, 2017, 09:30:40 PM »
Everyone has such awesome art! They all look really cool!

I put this in spoiler because it spoils a part in a movie
I watched a movie on Netflix called "The Impossible", and it was really cool. It was about the 2004 earthquake and tsunami in Thailand, and a family who went through it. This as my favorite scene, they were in a hospital and the mom was encouriging her son to see if he could help, so he started getting names from people who were looking for their family, and went around looking for them.

This version just has blood, so I put it in a spoiler
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2033 on: May 30, 2017, 02:11:01 AM »
Just finished a piece for mermay! They got my body shape and posture, but the vaguely horrified face comes from the inspiration critter, the giant moray

Spoiler: close-up of face/torso area • show
Spoiler: pictures of giant morays • show

I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #2034 on: June 07, 2017, 03:44:58 AM »
Noodles, that looks kinda eerie and so cool! I love it!

I've been practicing stars recently, and this was the result.

I used Minna's tutorial on how to draw stars for this.

This is the same drawing as before, but I darkened the sky a bit. I'm not sure which one I like better.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:26:40 AM by PickleChip »
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2035 on: June 07, 2017, 05:41:58 AM »
Both are beautiful, but I think the second one is a little darker than a natural sky. I like the first just a fragment better.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #2036 on: June 07, 2017, 07:36:29 AM »
The first is a prettier picture  but the second is better stargazing. I particularly like how the Milky Way stands out in the darker shade. It makes me want to break out the astronomy gear again.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2037 on: June 10, 2017, 10:01:02 PM »
Does anyone play Little Nightmares?

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #2038 on: June 11, 2017, 05:25:59 AM »
Does anyone play Little Nightmares?

I did actually, played it to the end. Nice nomes :)

Spoiler: my not so hot opinion on the game • show

I didn't dislike it in itself, but I thought it compared pretty unfavorably to its obvious sources of inspiration: LIMBO and INSIDE.

I found the controls fiddly, and the gameplay did annoying things like the character not automatically grabbing an edge when you jump, or the absence of "contextual behavior" (you have to press a different button to crawl or to sprint in addition to the movement key; in INSIDE the character automatically adapts his pace/stance to the situation). This artificially increased the difficulty for me.

There was not much variety nor cleverness in the "puzzles" you had to solve, you're mostly just running away from enemies and jumping or climbing on things (there's a lot of that in INSIDE too, but there's a lot of other things as well, that's not the whole game).

I did like the environments and the atmosphere, though there were a lot of clichés too, and after finishing the game I realised that the whole thing was basically a revamp of Spirited Away with a horror twist on it.

Now all this I could have looked over more easily if the retail price hadn't been twice that of LIMBO. I expected to play a big-budget, big-production LIMBO, and that's far from what I got.

It was quite short too but here LIMBO and INSIDE are guilty of the same sin so I won't hold that against it.

Overall I don't regret playing it and finishing but I won't go back to it again (whereas I replayed LIMBO and INSIDE to completion multiple times already).
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2039 on: June 14, 2017, 01:48:21 PM »
I never post anything for too long, I brought a redraw (2009 april - 2017 june)

VS

They both are my old OCs
bigger pics on my tumblr artblog
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: