Author Topic: Norwegian learning group?  (Read 18971 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Norwegian learning group?
« on: January 11, 2015, 07:01:18 AM »
As Ruth proposed a language group for Swedish, why not have one for Norwegian too? We deserve one, too! Her idea, that I shamelessly stole, was to get together on Italki/Skype and talk about something, be it an episode or a short text. So uh... How does that sound?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
Re: Norwegian learning group?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »
I would be in for skype. Not italki though, well not until the 5th. It looks far more professional then duo or memrise, so I fear that a bit :D.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:25:03 AM »
I love that we have so many language enthusiasts in this forum! I obviously don't need to practice my Norwegian, but I'd be more than happy to help you with pronunciation/grammar/whatever you need help with :3

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »
I don't have a microphone so I can't really help you with this. Sounds like a good way to get the ball rolling though.

Nimphy

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »
Hmm, I think I'll have to create a Skype account... How do I create a Skype account? *googles*

I don't have a microphone so I can't really help you with this. Sounds like a good way to get the ball rolling though.

*Is scared at the thought of having major petty sergeant unfair destruction something something Fimbulvarg listen at her norsk*

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
Ah, this sounds fun.  Any chance you Europeans could accommodate an eastern American in to your schedule?  :D
My schedule is different every day because of uni, but I should be able to get on with some regularity.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 02:26:30 PM »
Ah, this sounds fun.  Any chance you Europeans could accommodate an eastern American in to your schedule?  :D
My schedule is different every day because of uni, but I should be able to get on with some regularity.

Eastern time is 6 hours behind Norway time so it shouldn't be too hard, either you have to get on around midday or the Norwegians have to get on really early (after midnight for you). That is unless your entire morning is free.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 02:36:41 PM »
Eastern time is 6 hours behind Norway time so it shouldn't be too hard, either you have to get on around midday or the Norwegians have to get on really early (after midnight for you). That is unless your entire morning is free.
I'm always free after 4:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and free after 5:00 on Tuesday and Thursday.  But I also have a good amount of time before noon everyday.  So that should work out okay.
Feel free to PM.

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »
My knowledge of the topic isn't great, but doesn't Norwegian have two variants? Nynorsk and Bokmål? Which one are you lot learning, or am I confused?

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 03:56:16 PM »
My knowledge of the topic isn't great, but doesn't Norwegian have two variants? Nynorsk and Bokmål? Which one are you lot learning, or am I confused?

I think we explained this in the nordic language/discussion threads? Anyways these are two distinct written varieties only with distinct grammar systems and vocabularies.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 04:07:06 PM »
to make it short bokmål :D
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »
I think we explained this in the nordic language/discussion threads? Anyways these are two distinct written varieties only with distinct grammar systems and vocabularies.

And spoken Norwegian corresponds to neither. It's more like a mix between the two, more similar to one or the other depending on the dialect.

I write bokmål (although I have to use both at school), and my dialect has more in common with bokmål than nynorsk

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 04:19:44 PM »
I'd like to participate, but I'm afraid I'm not really able to form sentences and talk at the moment. I'd need to revise a bit first... I'm concentrating on Italian at the moment, but will start again with Norwegian in a month or so. :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Nimphy

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 04:23:38 PM »
I'd like to participate, but I'm afraid I'm not really able to form sentences and talk at the moment. I'd need to revise a bit first... I'm concentrating on Italian at the moment, but will start again with Norwegian in a month or so. :)

*feels guilty both for not having the next lesson YET and for concentrating more on norsk than German right now*

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 04:36:24 PM »
Oh ok, thanks everyone, and sorry if you already went through it somewhere else. It's really interesting though, I'm not sure I know of any other language that follows a similar system.