About the Site > Website Help and Rules

Moderator Status (not currently recruiting)

(1/12) > >>

Eich:
Okay, so:  With the forum being here now, we'll need moderators.  Mods look after the forum, making sure users are obeying the rules, checking in on and responding to complaints and reported posts, and generally keeping things running smoothly.  Mods can issue warnings and ban people who break the rules too many times; these kind of decisions are left to each mods' individual discretion, but no mod should ever issue warnings or ban someone for personal reasons.  Mods should never abuse their status.

I think two will be a good preliminary number to look after the site in it's beginning phases, because we have a very calm and kind community; I don't expect any trouble from anyone in particular.  Anyone can apply to be a mod, but only a certain amount are needed, depending on the number of users.  If you want to apply, just say so in a response, and say why you think you'd make a good one.

Sparky Dragon:
May I be a mod *cough-Troll-slayer-cough*?
As for why, I have a feeling I'll be on here fairly often, and I also have the habit of reading just about everything there is to read, so I doubt I'll miss out on a lot.

noako:
I'd like to moderate too, if you'll have me. I have been in many communities and forums and seen a lot of drama but never taken any part in it. I visit here regularly and because  of my work, I might be here early in the morning or late in the night, and everytime in between.

Nimphy:
Well, I could moderate, too. I don't think three people will be needed, especially because we have a very nice community, but if you need help, I'm up. I'm here a lot and read more or less everything there is to read, and maintaining order is a thing I often do in real life when not even asked to :P

... Plus, I want to be known as troll slayer.

EDIT: The people above are right in considering time zones. I'm in the +1 time zone, meaning I can cover a lot of Europe.

SlewedQuasar890:
I'm interested but I only have an android phone so idk if I would be as efficient as others

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version