Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 784051 times)

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #3570 on: May 02, 2018, 04:12:57 PM »
Hey, anyone know a good way to clear cobwebs? I'm asking for a friend. The fact that this story is part of the same AU as the fic I mentioned above is a coincidence, I swear  O:-). It ended up having five chapters (and a cameo of the daughter near the end).

Shifting worlds: Chapter 1

By the way, someone else than me published on the Fanfiction.net section back in late March. Worth mentioning, since even I don't check unless I've just published something.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:17:44 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3571 on: May 02, 2018, 10:43:11 PM »
Here’s something I wrote. The setting is a generic modern AU, in case there’s any confusion (hopefully you can tell it’s not supposed to be set in the ssss world but just in case.) I’m not super proud of this, it’s more writing and characterization practice than anything, just a little idea I had. I might expand it someday, maybe not!

Title: Bail Me Out
Characters: Sigrun Eide, Tuuri Hotakainen

I don’t think I need to add any warnings or anything, but if someone thinks I do then by all means, point it out! Any suggestions or criticism of any kind are welcome.
Spoiler: show

Bail Me Out

Sigrun dialed the number and held the phone to her ear, hearing it ring softly on the other side. Maybe Tuuri wouldn’t pick up. She was probably asleep, and who knew if it would wake her up. Maybe this hadn’t been such a good idea. Of course it wasn’t; practically every single decision she’d made in the past 12 hours had been the wrong one. Sigrun almost hoped Tuuri was asleep, and stayed that way. What would she say? Sigrun should’ve called Mikkel instead, or even her parents. She should’ve—

“Mhhm, hello? Who’s this?” A sleepy, familiar voice filtered through the cold plastic speaker.

“Hey Tuuri! It’s, um, Sigrun!”

“Sigrun? Do you know what time it is?”

“3:27?” Sigrun said, glancing at the clock mounted on the wall.

“Yes. Late. Sleep-time. Why are you—“ Tuuri broke off into a small yawn
 “—calling me?”

Sigrun paused, insides squirming. She picked at a blood-encrusted cut on her knuckles, making it bleed all over again. Why was it so much easier to open her mouth when she knew she should keep it shut? Why was she so nervous now, of all times, when a little overconfidence couldn’t hurt? Sigrun forced out a laugh, putting on a show of her usual bravado. Acting strange would only make Tuuri more worried.

“Ha ha, funny you should ask. I’ve had one crazy night, let me tell you! Anyway, I got in a fight, long story tell you later. But I’m kind of at the police station now?”

“What.” Tuuri sounded suddenly very awake.

“This fight got a just a little out of hand and then some jerk called the police soooooo now I’m stuck here until someone can come bail me out.”

“Bail?”

“Yeah, apparently they make you pay money if you don’t want to rot in jail for a few weeks,” Sigrun said. “Who knew?” The police officer behind the desk with all the forms had said a lot more words then that, but she had stopped listening at a certain point. That had probably been another bad decision, Sigrun realized.

“I know what bail is, Sigrun!” Tuuri snapped. “Just—how did—what exactly did you do?!”

“I’ll explain later,” Sigrun said quickly. “Please, Tuuri? Come on, help me out here.”

“Sigrun...” there was a long pause, then a short sigh. “Okay. I’ll be there in 15 minutes. The downtown station?”

“Yeah.”

“How much is it? The bail money?”

“Um.” Sigrun told her. Tuuri swore very loudly.

“Tuuri, please, I know it’s a lot to ask, I can find some way to pay you back,” Sigrun stammered, letting desperation show in her voice. She really didn’t want to be stuck here any longer than she had to. The station’s cramped rooms were already making her feel jumpy and trapped, and the feeling was likely to only get worse if she ended up getting locked in a tiny cell all night. But Sigrun had gotten herself into this mess, and if Tuuri wouldn’t help her get out of it, she couldn’t blame her. “Actually never mind, I’ll figure something else out. I don’t mind spending the night here, how bad can it be?” A frowning, uniformed woman entered the room. She glared at Sigrun pointedly while tapping her watch.  Time’s up.

“Ah crap, I’m gonna have to hang up.” The policewoman proceeded to cross her arms and glare with increased vehemence at Sigrun. “Tuuri...”

Tuuri sighed again, longer this time. “I’m on my way. We can talk about this later.” She sounded far too serious, nothing close to her usual cheerful self. It scared Sigrun more than the prospect of facing down a pack of hungry wild dogs. At least that was a problem you might be able to punch your way out of.

“Thank you,” Sigrun said.

Click. Without another word, Tuuri hung up.

A note: this was inspired by the song Bail Me Out by All Time Low
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3572 on: May 06, 2018, 05:47:37 AM »
I wrote a short one for this week's Synchronised Screaming, a take following the prompt "Mikkel & Sigrun - theories about what happened in the church."
https://archiveofourown.org/works/14556171
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3573 on: May 06, 2018, 09:53:26 AM »
And here's Chapter 2. Reading it, I have trouble believing Sven was supposed to be a couple of passing mentions and an epliogue cameo when I started with this AU. (Damn you, Finnish immunity headcanons and accidental fertile soil for "pair the spares")

Shifting worlds: Chapter 2

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3574 on: May 08, 2018, 12:00:38 PM »
Here's Chapter 3, that will hopefully make up a little for the fact that the OC introduced in this installement didn't do much in the previous chapter.

Shifting worlds: Chapter 3

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3575 on: May 11, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »
Chapter 4 is up, and dealing with something that has secretly been in the story since the first installment of the series. There's one more to go, thanks to my general tendency to put more effort into beginnings and endings than in middles.

Shifting Worlds: Chapter 4

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3576 on: May 13, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
Yup, me again, with the last chapter of the same fic as last time.

Shifting worlds: Chapter 5

And to avoid ovedoing the multiple post thing more than I already did, here's the prompt fic I wrote between two proofreading sessions dedicated to the longer one. I tried a different type of prompt than for the collection's previous stories and hoping I'll manage to pull more of these off in the future.

Diving in the sky

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3577 on: May 22, 2018, 07:22:51 AM »
If posting a fic that's not completed yet a wise action, then I'm a very wise woman. *coughs politely*

Anyway: Have a new installment of Urania-Baba's and my Stand Still Stay Silent-Skyrim-Crossover. This time we take a look at the early days of J'Lalli's and Emil's friendship.

Title: Those Who Dwell in Darkness
Author: Talimee
Characters: Lalli, Emil, Rikke, the Dragonborn
Relationship: Emil & J'Lalli, later Emil/J'Lalli (b/c who am I kidding)
Rating: Teen
Tags: friendship, live-and-death-situations, retelling of a skyrim-quest (The Jagged Crown, if anyone wants to check), J'Lalli is proud, Emil is overwhelmed, alternating POVs
Warnings: violence, despair - both not very deep
Summary: Morning Star, 4E202: As they follow Legate Rikke and the Dragonborn on the hunt for the Jagged Crown, Emil and J'Lalli learn a bit about themselves and about each other. Because what is a Draugr-filled tomb good for if not the confrontation with one's own mortality and the question about what's really important in Life?
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3578 on: May 27, 2018, 04:30:06 AM »
Okay, spring is definitely getting my creative juices running  ;D. Here's a double feature.

Another story cube short fic, this time about the crew of a certain merchant ship finding out a certain redhead has gone missing.

Man over board

A Medieval Fantasy AU stub that just happened to be remniscent enough of one of my shortlisted "one-sentence" prompts to enable me to mark it as used. Should be more accessible than the Assassination Classroom one that I made for the collection.

True Ruler

Cleanser Cat

• Super-Newbie
  • Flamethrower-wielding cat
« Reply #3579 on: June 07, 2018, 12:27:40 PM »
Hello!
Silent Flight is just a small thing I wrote on FF by the same username. Featuring Tuuri.
And Swans.

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3580 on: June 07, 2018, 02:29:46 PM »
Hello!
Silent Flight is just a small thing I wrote on FF by the same username. Featuring Tuuri.
And Swans.

I already left a review-thingy on FF but just letting you know it’s me in case it’s weird for a random person to just to do that (sorry, I’ve never done it before). Repeating myself here, but this gave me so many Tuuri-feels and it’s beautiful! I’m sad now but it’s a good sad.  :'( :)

(Oh, and by the way, there’s an introduction thread if you want to, um, introduce yourself! I’d link to it but I’m not sure how)
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3581 on: June 08, 2018, 04:02:59 AM »
Paperless Cat: that was very very fine!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3582 on: June 09, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
Two Three 280-character "tweets" from the Synchronised Screaming prompts of the week:

Kitty - Tuna galore

The cat yowls to go outside the bunk house, yearning to be free to explore. The very air in this place smells like fish, lovely yummy fish! She wanders down to the dock and expectantly looks for those tasty fish in the water. Swimming things, nothing that looks like a round fish.

Any Prologue Character (Umbrella Lady) - the last tweet

Good news, Stefan got back to Mikkeli just before they closed the borders. Bad news, they’ve confirmed that his rash is that Rash illness. Worse news, what are the chances that the fever I’m running is just an ordinary flu?  The rain on my window matches the weeping in my heart.

The last tweet - the response.

Oh, Marika, not sure what to say. We will all miss you and I am totally gutted for you both.  We accept Stefan as the brother we never had. Also, this is going to come across as totally tacky, but – if Stefan doesn’t need his bottom surgery now, can I have his place in the queue?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:50:01 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3583 on: June 10, 2018, 02:20:00 AM »
Wavewright, this is clever - all of those little human interactions that totally ground a story.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3584 on: June 22, 2018, 03:42:59 PM »
The end result of a Story Cube throw a couple weeks ago, that became a little Tuuri and Reynir routine scene.

Picture book