Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 776923 times)

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #3555 on: March 18, 2018, 11:17:52 PM »
More Than One Kind of Magic (Reynir/Lalli)
https://archiveofourown.org/works/14020440

Well this was an interesting one to write.  Although this particular ship is not really my wheelhouse, this one was a bit of a special request (<3).  I am certainly interested to write these two some more in the future though
Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #3556 on: March 20, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »
Hey, look, it's me again! I try not to post so close together but I figured with my track record it's probably best to try and sprint to the finish and let the poor team of the SSSS diving crew finally escape their problems...

newest chapter of An In Depth Analysis of White's Seahorses can be found at this link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/6371965/chapters/32338311
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3557 on: March 25, 2018, 04:45:51 AM »
Because everybody knows Y0 was all about that fluff: https://archiveofourown.org/works/14088714
Signe Sørensen arrives on the Madsen family farm.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3558 on: March 30, 2018, 11:44:07 PM »
I fixed up this story for the Worldbuilding Exchange as a present for Unlos, and can share it here now that the authors have been revealed.  Unlos guessed my identity pretty much immediately, I guess I am developing a recognisable style?  Or maybe I'm just one of the last active authors left?  As this was originally sketched out to be my entry for the letter X in the SSSS Alphabet Challenge, I will let it do double-duty for that too.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/14038047
'Xeriscape' explores the idea of a settlement of survivors in the desert of what was once Southern California, mostly protected by their harsh environment.  In this imagining, magic arose in their community too, but the old god they believe in happens to be Jesus.  In the time this story takes place (c. Y100, +/- 20 years, left ambiguous whether they ever reset their calendar), their practice has picked up elements of New Age and feminine-centred practices to incorporate into their Christianity.  There is also passing mention of traders between communities, so if I expanded that worldview there would be other communities as well.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:48:27 PM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #3559 on: March 31, 2018, 02:15:01 AM »
Because everybody knows Y0 was all about that fluff: https://archiveofourown.org/works/14088714
Signe Sørensen arrives on the Madsen family farm.

I don’t check in on fic here as often as I should but I really liked this one! Signe has a real sense of humour, the way you’ve written her :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3560 on: March 31, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »
Wavewright, I liked that tale, and was pretty sure it was you. Now I wonder whether one of those traders was a descendant of the girl Coyote rescued......
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3561 on: March 31, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
I don’t check in on fic here as often as I should but I really liked this one! Signe has a real sense of humour, the way you’ve written her :D
Wavewright, I liked that tale, and was pretty sure it was you. Now I wonder whether one of those traders was a descendant of the girl Coyote rescued......

Thank you very much *curtsey* 

To answer Róisín, strictly speaking, probably not, even though I like the premise.  ^-^ 
Darcie (I think that was her name, I refuse to go look it up arrrgggh) headed south and east, and I picture her ending up in northern Appalachia or some other mountains on the Eastern seaboard, with lots to scavenge from as well as squillions of grosslings to avoid.  Betolam is further away still, and to the west and south, across the Rockies and the Sierras, albeit safer from trolls in between.
I definitely picture traders working between isolated patches of people (and also drifters whose only fictive purpose is to avoid inbreeding), but I also picture large divides between regions.  Riverboats plying the Mississippi full-time become a thing again.  Issues surrounding the survival of Americans have been far more exhaustively researched in the early days of the Forum.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 07:06:59 PM by wavewright62 »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3562 on: March 31, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
*skid marks appear in the Scriptorium as ww makes yet another appearance*
I have finished my entries for the SSSS Alphabet and Singalong Challenge! Ta-daaaa!
This last one features the estate of the painter Anders Zorn, and is called Zornmuseet.
I was intrigued by the ascension of Mora as the cultural capital of the Known World, and have placed some convenient OCs at the cusp of this development.  I have made a stretch to connect this history of the estate with canon SSSS characters, in this case managing to slip Agneta in there, but mostly it's a wordbuilding exercise. 
LooNEY_DAC, I gifted this one to you, as the initiator of the Challenge.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:26:13 AM by wavewright62 »

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3563 on: April 18, 2018, 03:03:16 PM »
Title: Distraction
Author: Talimee
Prompts: Mikkel Madsen, Lalli Hotakainen, Maybe you could distract him?, difficult decisions, pain, night; additional: 88 – Pain
Characters: Lalli Hotakainen, Mikkel Madsen, Emil Västerström
Relationships: Emil Västerström/Lalli Hotakainen
Rating: Teen
Warnings: mild depictions of an infected wound, character in pain
Additional tags: hurt/comfort, reciprocity
Summary: When Emil needs to go through painful treatment without something to ease his pain, Lalli knows only one way to distract him.

[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3564 on: April 18, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »
You had me at "Emil got injured" and kept me captive through the thing and now I want the full story. I'd steal it and write it myself if I had energy for writing. Thank you for that one <3
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3565 on: April 19, 2018, 06:28:07 AM »
You had me at "Emil got injured" and kept me captive through the thing and now I want the full story. I'd steal it and write it myself if I had energy for writing. Thank you for that one <3

You're welcome! =)
Unfortunately, there isn't more to this. Mikkel finished the job, dressed the wound and Lalli and Emil ended up cuddling very much, while Emil was recuperating. Years down the line, when the pain-memory had faded, Emil only remembers that Lalli held him in this terrible, terrible hour.
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3566 on: April 19, 2018, 07:02:21 AM »
Oh I meant all the tiny details between the fall and the hug  >:D
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #3567 on: April 19, 2018, 11:55:47 PM »
I''mmmmmm here with more of An In Depth Analysis of White's Seahorses,

featuring both Sigrun and Mikkel sharing a blanket and Emil and Lalli sharing a blanket! Ah, originality. https://archiveofourown.org/works/6371965/chapters/33185139
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3568 on: April 21, 2018, 07:02:18 AM »
A quick one, my riposte against those who think Reynir wouldn't ever have a daughter.  The Strongest Woman I Ever Met

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3569 on: April 21, 2018, 10:01:29 AM »
Cute, and very sweet. If it can reassure you, Reynir does technically have a daughter in one of my fics, even though I have yet to really make use of the fact yet.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.