About the Site > Website Help and Rules

Improvements

<< < (2/135) > >>

Eich:

--- Quote from: Richard Weir on September 01, 2014, 08:00:14 PM ---Doubt it! It would make a nonsense of every thread they have ever posted in. No forum does that by default, that I know of.

There are add-ons for various forums which enable mods to remove every post in the case of, for instance, spambots, but it's unwise to do that in the case of previously well-behaved forum members who have become infected!

Here are some ideas for forum ranks.:
In Quarantine
Out of Quarantine
Serf
Scald
Scout
Cleanser
Grade C Derp-Cat
Grade B Farm-Cat
Grade A Lord-Cat

--- End quote ---
Eh, that's how it was on my old SMF forum.  You're probably right about it being an add on.  It did destroy a lot of conversations, and it always confused me a bit.

"Serf/Plebian"  has certainly made it's way onto my watch list.  :D

Sunflower:
Great rank names!
My suggestion is to replace "Serf" with "Peasant." We know the SSSS world uses the latter term. And the implication that, 90 years down the road, some people are in a permanent semi-slave status (cf. serfs in old Russia), makes me uncomfortable.  Although if that's what Our Author intends, I won't protest...

Eich:

--- Quote from: Sunflower on September 01, 2014, 09:40:09 PM ---Great rank names!
My suggestion is to replace "Serf" with "Peasant." We know the SSSS world uses the latter term. And the implication that, 90 years down the road, some people are in a permanent semi-slave status (cf. serfs in old Russia), makes me uncomfortable.  Although if that's what Our Author intends, I won't protest...

--- End quote ---
I didn't realize that was what serf meant.  Peasant it is, for now, though I'm waiting for the entire list to be finished before I implement it.

Sunflower:
Also, would "Captain" fit?  It is a military rank, after all.

Eich:

--- Quote from: Sunflower on September 01, 2014, 10:02:46 PM ---Also, would "Captain" fit?  It is a military rank, after all.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking about using that one... Maybe "Troll-Slayer," or something like that, could be the highest rank if one of the characters gets a moniker of some kind.  Actually, that's a good one for moderators... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version