Author Topic: You in Year 90  (Read 34000 times)

Noxyoursox

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Snow Cat, a species long thought nonsensical
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: You in Year 90
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 05:58:10 AM »
For me it would depend on my living situation. If I was in a big stronghold/city, I would be a skald (and probably blow my entire wages on those books they're after. :) ). If I was in a smaller community, I would join the military and try to protect my family.
I came in the blue light
Just before dawn
To speckle with pawprints
Your snow-covered lawn

asdasdasd

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 06:13:55 AM »
One word: dead.

Headfinder

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 08:41:01 AM »
One word: dead.

...YEs JoIN...
     ...mE...
               ...uS...
 ...wE ArE oNe...
                  ...nOw...

Wortblume

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 10:21:03 AM »
Minna said in SSSS they're historians, so I'd be very happy studying old stuff all day long.

I think, I would perfectly fit in such a job.
I could dig through aaaaall these old books and I would wonder what all these strange things are/were, the books are talking about. :3
Even copying old texts all day would be nice. :)

Probably not immune against the rash, I would be scared of the "Silent World".
Reading -> YES! :D
Exploring -> noooooooo! O_O

Everything is juuuuuust fine. ;D

Nationality: German
Languages:

RaeSeddon

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »
There's no real category for what I'd want to do, but if I were to transplant myself as I am now directly into Year 90:

Path: Military (research: fabrics and materials)

Immune: Yes (I get sick all of once a year and am allergic to all of one thing, my chances are at least, better than most, also raised around cats)

Nationality: American

Languages Spoken/Understood: English, Spanish, passable Japanese and Russian

Background: Family mostly Skalds of American and Eastern European descent. Educated in public school but took up interest in seamstressing that lead to a research position with the military testing materials and fabrics to be used in hazardous branches or research. One older brother, occupation: Military (communications.) Parents alive but separated. Currently living with father, occupation Skald (retired).

Sera

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 06:31:09 PM »
Job: Finnish sailor with a side job as a skald.

Hobbies: Singing, memorizing stuff

Immune: Yes

Magic: Nope, mundane but believing in magic.

Languages: Finnish, Swedish, Icelandic, English and maybe a smattering of something else exotic, because after spending all night avoiding/fighting sea monsters, nothing helps you sleep during the day like the dictionary of an exotic language! Like... Italian! :)

Fenris

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 06:43:59 PM »
Norwegian peasant since, well, that's what I am irl. Sadly, my farm seems to be waaaaaay in the silent world. Presumably being a peasant would also mean having reliable access to booze, which is always a priority.

Madcap

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
I'd probably be a scholar, but perhaps be active in the military a little bit. I don't think I'd be immune so I'd probably have a semi-desk job as an artist making recruitment posters or whatever, but I can also see myself being the psychologist for those who're traumatized after encounters with trolls (like Emil was when the troll lady was touching him up).

ps does anyone know how to make an avatar?

Madcap

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
...PeLIGRO...
         ...CoMEee...      ...r...
    ...soCorRO...
                 ...AYUda...
                                              ...NO...                  ...s...

IT'S THE HIPPO SHRIMP! RUN!

Panzer_Engel

• =][=
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 12:47:22 AM »
...PeLIGRO...
         ...CoMEee...      ...r...
    ...soCorRO...
                 ...AYUda...
                                              ...NO...                  ...s...

- "Ejecución estándar; Fuego rápido."

"What would I be doing in the world of SSSS?"

". . . ."

(I'm sorry.)

". . . ."

(But it has to be.)

". . . ."

"SISTERS!"

"FIGHT BY MY SIDE!"

- "Usted tiene hambre, abominación? PROBAR MI ESPADA!"

"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 02:49:39 AM »
If I'd be the "same me" as I'm now, I'd probably be a former skald turned into a military paper pusher and living in Keuruu. But in the world of SSSS and with my personality I'd more probably have become a peasant living on some small Saimaa island. Sounds quite nice, actually...
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 03:51:39 AM »
At first thought, probably an historian of some kind. I actually love doing research, and history is fascinating. And with so much information missing, it would be a very interesting challenge. Maybe some sort of artist on the side, too - the me now can't be separated from art, I doubt the me in SSSS would be.

But, I wouldn't be too bad as a scout, either, I think. I have infinite patience and the ability to be unnoticed. Also, I have no medical conditions whatsoever (which includes need of glasses etc.), and no allergies, bar a slight sensitivity to strong smells/smoke. The only sickness I ever seem to contract is the common cold. It might be possible to assume from that that I'd be immune. I'm also much more comfortable around a small amount of people, or none at all.
Am notified of private messages via email.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 06:36:40 AM »
I think, should I survive that is, that I would probably stay a farmer :( but if I were to join a town then I think running a little bakery shop would be awesome! I'd hire the towns best scouts and hunters to trek through the wilds to deliver cakes, pies and goodies to neighbouring settlements ;3 hehe Yes, that's totally unsafe and unbelievably silly and risky, but hey, it'd make a funny tale to tell the kiddies XD
Being a scout or cleanser would be alright too I guess, because y'know; nice boots and FIRE!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Thorin Schmidt

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2014, 10:15:50 AM »
I'd probably be a gunsmith.  It's what my dad is, and I would have been too if not for the lure of computers.

where? I hope I'd be in iceland, but more likely, my ancestors would have been visiting the old homeland, and been caught on the island with the danes.  I'd probably be tinkering with ways to make better guns to take back Denmark....

Immune: most likely yes.  I seldom get sick now, so...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:02:44 PM by Thorin Schmidt »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2014, 12:54:15 PM »
I'd hire the towns best scouts and hunters to trek through the wilds to deliver cakes, pies and goodies to neighbouring settlements ;3 hehe
... you wouldn't happen to be related to Little Blue Riding Hood, would you? :)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15