Author Topic: You in Year 90  (Read 33374 times)

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
Re: You in Year 90
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 07:41:13 PM »
I wouldn't mind working on the Dalahasten, actually. As long as I got good hazard pay.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »
I'd most likely be a paranoid skald. Or a lazy grade C calico kitty that liked to annoy everyone! Laying down on people's books whenever they set them down for more than three seconds, licking their eyelids while they tried to sleep (my cat did that once), all those annoying cat things!
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Ferbette

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 09:29:08 PM »
Peasant. Not the most popular or glamorous but I would love to farm and be able to feed everyone. 
Fate is what you are given. Destiny is what you make of it.

Lida

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »
Honestly, I would do anything that would allow me to live in Iceland in relative safety...I'm a wimp. So probably an academic. And I deserve to be immune, with how often I get sick in my real life.

Mr_Nabby

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 02:21:18 AM »
Well, I don't think that I would fit in the army. I don't have the physical qualities, and I am way too jumpy to be trusted with any kind of projectile weapon.
I think I would be a person who preforms a relatively simple grind job, but still being the eternal daydreamer that I am. :)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
I'd probably be a mage. Icelandic mage, more exactly. I'd learn all that I should know, then leave Iceland and go exploring the world. I'd probably die very soon, but that's not the point...

If not a mage, then an academic for sure, probably a skald. Minna said in SSSS they're historians, so I'd be very happy studying old stuff all day long.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sue D Nym

• Just a little something that I drew
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
I would love to say I would be an awesome Finnish mage (kitty powers included!). However, I would probably either be an academic sitting in some academy somewhere or a cat that keeps hiding on top of shelves and jumping on people. Not that either of those options would be bad :D
"To Serve Man! It's a cookbook!"

Hedge14

• Tähtikavaltaja
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »
I would be a peasant in one of those doomed Finnish Saimaa villages... Or I would be working for the Swedes in Viking-boat. :P That would perhaps make more sense than Saimaa, because we have summer cottage near Pori.

I like how about half of us chose something glorious like a mage or military and half went like "Eh, I would be stuck in academics or farming."

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »

I like how about half of us chose something glorious like a mage or military and half went like "Eh, I would be stuck in academics or farming."

Is that not what normal people do in this world? Eternally divided between adventure-seeking and I'm-safer-here.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
Is that not what normal people do in this world? Eternally divided between adventure-seeking and I'm-safer-here.

Why would people choose the tediousness of academia and agriculture when they could have all that adventure, glory and excitement though? Granted, Trond and Taru probably hit the nail on the head when they described soldiers as idiots and/or severely flawed, but being rational is no good if it means ending up like Siv and Torbjörn.

If academics meant getting to design and build stuff like the Dalahästen though it immediately sounds a lot more glamorous.

Hedge14

• Tähtikavaltaja
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 02:05:11 PM »

True, I guess. But there might be more exciting civilian jobs out there than academics. Also, think of Mora. They have cafes and stuff! And horse-tax-drivers. There is other safe things to do than read dusty books or low level grinding! :P

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »
Well, I chose my answer on what I would like to be, not realistically what I'd be - I'm not doing anything glamorous IRL. Most realistically I would be dead or infected. But if I imagine I had actually born there and live my life knowing the danger... Yeah, I still think I would like to be in military.

BrainBlow

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »
I'd probably be a peasant/military type in my home municipality that just so happens to be listed as one of the cleansed areas in Central-Norway.

WOO!

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Blackfrost

• I used to be confused. But now I just don't know.
  • Preferred pronouns: I'm not picky.
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
Assuming I was immune?  Scout.  ;)

Aaaaand if I wasn't immune?  Skald.  ::)

Of course, if I had magical talent, you can add Mage to that.  I'd be fine with dual-classing.  ;D

(I'm half cat, already, but I'd like to be just a little less bewildered than Lalli, thanks. *g.* )  :P
Fluency: :usa:
Once knew: :spain: :germany: (Mostly lost through disuse.)
Words, without grammar:  :france: :russia: :ireland: :vaticancity: (Also some Yiddish, but there's no flag for that.  Feh! *handwave*  No, actually, I'm not Jewish.  Go figure.)

Started reading: :chap0:
Survived: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

shauhagah

• i don't even know
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 04:57:59 AM »
Probably dead, but being a mage or cleanser like Emil would be pretty cool. Burning and blowing up stuff for a living would be pretty awesome.