Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 98839 times)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #450 on: March 26, 2020, 07:31:56 AM »
Of COURSE Sigrun is a pegasus! And the Lalli+Emil pic is hilarious!

These are great :D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #451 on: March 26, 2020, 07:51:02 AM »
These are really neat! I don't have much experience with the my little pony universe (I mean, I had some toys when i was a little kid but I never watched the tv shows or anything) but these designs are super cool and yeah, they suit the characters really well!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #452 on: March 26, 2020, 07:55:21 AM »
woaah these are so cool!! I'm super impressed with how you got horse faces to match human expressions and faces so well. my friend would love these, she's a big MLP fan (maybe this'll convince her to finally finish reading SSSS and/or join the comments!)
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mariiii

« Reply #453 on: March 26, 2020, 07:58:09 AM »
I love them, they're so cute !
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #454 on: March 26, 2020, 01:50:35 PM »
I second everyone, Gaelle! Don’t know anything about MLP but that they exist, and absolutely love your designs!

Just a minor correction: Tuuri’s luonto is a hedgehog. And yes, she has one, all Finns do ever since around the time they begin teething. The bird is representative of another part of her, the self-soul, which is the part of the soul that goes to Tuonela. The ancient Finnish faith’s concept of soul is complicated :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #455 on: March 26, 2020, 02:38:37 PM »
Thank you everyone! I'm happy you like my lil' designs! :D

my friend would love these, she's a big MLP fan (maybe this'll convince her to finally finish reading SSSS and/or join the comments!)
If it can introduce (or re-introduce!) new people to SSSS, that would be awesome!! Speaking of which, I'll certainly post my designs soon on my other social medias, so maybe some people will be interested in discovering the comic? Who knows? ;)

Just a minor correction: Tuuri’s luonto is a hedgehog. And yes, she has one, all Finns do ever since around the time they begin teething. The bird is representative of another part of her, the self-soul, which is the part of the soul that goes to Tuonela. The ancient Finnish faith’s concept of soul is complicated :)
Oooooh I hadn't realized that Tuuri's luonto was a hedgehog! Thanks for correcting me ^^ I really should learn more about finnish beliefs and myths, it's so fascinating! (though it's hard for me to find complete and reliable sources on the internet that I can understand :/)
Anyway, I'll keep her cutie mark as a lil' birdie, since that would explain why she is a pegasus (or pony-bird, as I like to call them x3).
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #456 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »
Thank you everyone! I'm happy you like my lil' designs! :D
If it can introduce (or re-introduce!) new people to SSSS, that would be awesome!! Speaking of which, I'll certainly post my designs soon on my other social medias, so maybe some people will be interested in discovering the comic? Who knows? ;)

Your designs are Amazing! Congratulations!

Attracting new readers is great! Let's hope MLP admirers don't get too shocked later, when they contact with more violent aspects of SSSS... :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
« Reply #457 on: March 26, 2020, 06:40:26 PM »
Attracting new readers is great! Let's hope MLP admirers don't get too shocked later, when they contact with more violent aspects of SSSS... :)

You're right, I'll put a little warning. x)
It's true that depending on your point of view, this is either the best or worse time to start reading the prologue of SSSS ^^"
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #458 on: March 27, 2020, 04:23:36 AM »
Gosh. That is gorgeous ! My little sister is sooooo fond of MLP and horses in general I MUST show her your work ! :D
I love it, the expressions, the postures and the color palette .... it suits them so well!

BTW, don't be ashamed. If I remember properly, Sigrun was already designed as a horse by Minna. If I remember correctly, it was for a new year illustration ?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:25:40 AM by Kyara »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #459 on: March 27, 2020, 06:37:45 AM »
If I remember properly, Sigrun was already designed as a horse by Minna. If I remember correctly, it was for a new year illustration ?
Yup, one showing the entire team as their fylgjur/luontos. IIRC Minna did only partially specify the breed of horse, though.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Joe Steele

• i can't believe you've done this
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #460 on: March 30, 2020, 10:49:46 AM »
This was already mentioned on the last page, but the SCP Foundation could fit into the Minnaverse quite well. One that comes to mind is SCP-610, "The Flesh That Hates". It's infectious and already behaves a lot like the Rash does. Here's what the wiki says about containment.
Special Containment Procedures:
Due to the vast area of 'infection' SCP-610 covers, containment is impossible. Isolation of the area has proved far more effective and permission has been granted by the Russian government to establish a perimeter to keep people out of these areas under the guise of military operations.

If this was to fail, 610 could easily spread worldwide.
Native: 🇺🇸
Learning: 🇩🇪 🇸🇪
Want to Learn: 🇫🇮

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #461 on: March 30, 2020, 12:01:41 PM »
The crew as MLP are lovely, spot on characterization and beautiful artwork! Absolutely no need to hide them in spoilers!

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
« Reply #462 on: March 30, 2020, 01:06:56 PM »
Thanks a lot Unlos ans Kyara!
Ah yes the spoiler section was not really needed, but since it's quite a big batch of pictures, I didn't want it to bother the people trying to scroll by taking half a page with my post. ^^"
*always scribbling*

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #463 on: March 31, 2020, 05:39:47 AM »
Your message is perfectly in its place: crossover drawing in the crossover chat. People who enter this part are interested in the content, so what you offer :)
Let's say that in the messages to read, it is your art that should be highlighted! So be proud and throws tons of pony/art/whatever you like at our face ! (well, not whatever, but I guess you get it)  ;D

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #464 on: April 01, 2020, 02:09:04 AM »
Thread necromancy is generally fine when the post is totally relevant, as in this example.  On repeat viewing, I finally noticed Reynir as a unicorn, then ...hey, so is Onni, let's scroll back up and check Lalli... yup.  Then I read your explanation.

Also, you can probably take off the image spoilers soon (coupl'a weeks?).  We have had a request to keep them off for people trying to find something they enjoyed, but in the short run people don't want to burn all their data every time they come here.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior