Worlds and Stories > SSSS Re-Read

Copenhagen - Chapters 5-8

(1/44) > >>

Jitter:
Either way, we're the first humans venturing this far since the dawn of our time.  :mikkel:

dmeck7755:
p 223.  I noticed Emil is wearing white boots.  They will not stay white without a lot of work...
Mikkel looks bored

In Minna's comments she talks about signing for her house.  I am thinking that the comic and the sale of books and ad revenue must have been good enough to buy a house.  (Good stuff)

p 228.  I think this is Lalli's first taste of refined sugar.  I am sure he would have had sweets like honey, dried fruit.  Though they would probably be few and far between.  Yes, sugar can be addictive.  I know people who tried to remove it from their diet.  It is very difficult especially if you by processed anything.  (I was shocked to see how much is in Ketchup) 

p 229  score!! 

p 230 Emil insulting the dead...

p 232.  The first view of a city.  COOL

Jitter:
Early chp 5 has some surprising (in reference to other parts of the comic) high tech: the proximity alert system, decontamination closet (UV? We don’t really know) and the decon spray. I wonder if they run out of the spray later, or why does Lalli have to take (cold?) baths? And Mikkel is constantly doing laundry. But not today!

And, the city! I probably wasn’t paying proper attention at all when I first binged through here - I was delighted with the city scenes, the ruined interiors etc. And I probably completely missed Emil’s friend on p 232 before! He’s very calm and brave, considering! (He probably didn’t really see it, just a flash of movement (and is rookie enough to not yet know a flash of movement is lethal in an inner city environment)).

Again a great combination or adventure and danger, humour, and forming relationships with new teammates.

dreki:

--- Quote from: Jitter on October 06, 2022, 12:10:08 PM ---Early chp 5 has some surprising (in reference to other parts of the comic) high tech: the proximity alert system, decontamination closet (UV? We don’t really know) and the decon spray. I wonder if they run out of the spray later, or why does Lalli have to take (cold?) baths? And Mikkel is constantly doing laundry. But not today!
--- End quote ---

If I'm remembering right for the bath - Lalli got super covered in it so all the dregs had to be washed out of his hair and such.

The decontamination is probably more like a disinfectant spray.  If there's a lump of raw chicken, you can't just spray disinfectant on it and expect it to be good - it would have to be fully washed away and any small bits removed.

For the laundry - I have a family of 5 and laundry is basically nonstop. 5-6 adults living in close quarters without proper plumbing? Clean laundry helps.

--- Quote ---(and is rookie enough to not yet know a flash of movement is lethal in an inner city environment)).

--- End quote ---

Emil's earlier obsession with how his teammates see him definitely didn't help him. He probably was afraid of being called jumpy or seeing things or having his bravery questioned.

Róisín:
Sympathy for the laundry! When my first husband (a mining engineer) was still alive, and our five kids were little, and we lived in the bush, often with no electricity, laundry was just a permanent ongoing thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version