Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 573792 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3360 on: November 30, 2017, 05:08:18 AM »
I am so late to welcome new persons here ! *Puts à plate of biscuits on a table*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

hoppipolla

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3361 on: November 30, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »
Hi friends,

I'm new here. I live in Michigan, USA. I forgot how I found out about SSSS. I know that I read the first 20-some pages and was interested but then got distracted by other stuff. A friend convinced me months later to keep going and boy was I surprised!

I crochet (18years) and knit (three weeks?) and this comic and fandom is what inspired me to pick up knitting. Hope to learn more about you lovely folks and looking forward to reading the new pages as they come out.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3362 on: November 30, 2017, 07:35:35 PM »
Hi friends,

I'm new here. I live in Michigan, USA. I forgot how I found out about SSSS. I know that I read the first 20-some pages and was interested but then got distracted by other stuff. A friend convinced me months later to keep going and boy was I surprised!

I crochet (18years) and knit (three weeks?) and this comic and fandom is what inspired me to pick up knitting. Hope to learn more about you lovely folks and looking forward to reading the new pages as they come out.
Every time that I read your name, Sigur Ros begins to play in my head ^^
Welcome, hoppipolla ! :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3363 on: December 01, 2017, 05:53:00 AM »
Hoppipolla, welcome! Glad to have you on board. You should find here lots of folk who are into knitting, crochet and other crafts, and plenty of patterns for things ranging from tiny crochet dolls of the crew to a full knitted replica of Reynir's jacket. Also lots of paper craft, model making and the like. We even have a glass worker among our number! Hope you enjoy it all.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3364 on: December 01, 2017, 07:30:05 AM »
Hi friends,
Hi and welcome to the forum hoppipolla :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3365 on: December 01, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »
Welcome again to Prizrachniy_Gek, you will have seen a few more Russian newbies since last you logged in.
Welcome (in this thread) to hoppipolla - I lived in Lansing for a few years back in the early 90s, there was a lot to enjoy about the place.  Coincidentally, that was where I learnt to knit - 5 sessions at the knitting shop in Frandor gave me enough skills to cope with single-colour patterns and a variety of stitch techniques.
Welcome to WeirdnessUnfolds, as well, bumping up the native Swedish contingent!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

puffuls

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • random images are my favourite
« Reply #3366 on: December 02, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »
Hello everyone, I am puffuls (though ya'll can call me puffs if you want). I am your average teen from the Northern West Coast, Idaho to be exact. My hobbies include reading, drawing, crocheting and learning languages.
 I found SSSS one or two years ago from my sister telling me about it. I also read aRTD, and I love both of the stories.
I'm a pretty boring person, but I am looking forward to finally getting involved in the SSSS community =)
*chants* rødgrød med flød || native :usa: decent :denmark:

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #3367 on: December 02, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
Greetings and welcome puffuls.
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Róisín

« Reply #3368 on: December 02, 2017, 09:49:26 PM »
Puffuls, hello and welcome. Being involved in this community is certainly a way to become less boring, acquire all manner of interesting skills, and have lots of new things to talk about! Enjoy and have fun. Also, your icon is delightfully funny.

JacobThomsen

« Reply #3369 on: December 03, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
Hello everyone, I am puffuls
Welcome to the forum puffs :D :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

puffuls

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • random images are my favourite
« Reply #3370 on: December 03, 2017, 01:40:53 PM »
Thank you for the welcome Gunman, Jacob, and Róisín!  :D I will certainly have fun here!
*chants* rødgrød med flød || native :usa: decent :denmark:

refract3d

« Reply #3371 on: December 03, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
Hello all! I'm refract3d/refractedstarlight/Aby. I've been a fan of SSSS for a while now (a couple years, maybe?) and I've been visiting the forums a little over the last couple months. I decided I might as well make an account and actually participate in some of the interesting conversations ^^

I'm a jack-of-all-trades, master of none - I like to dabble in a lot of creative pursuits such as drawing, knitting, cosplay, stamp carving, music (singing, guitar, keyboard) and poetry, writing, etc... I also have a lot of random hobbies that I'll pick up and move between.
I've been listening to a lot of podcasts while at work and this forum has helped me find an interesting selection. I've mostly been listening to (so many) food and history podcasts lately. I don't even know why.
I love cool rocks and weird sea creatures and places with history. I'm a huge fan of mythology and I love learning about other places, times, and cultures.

I live on the US East Coast and have a gecko, two gerbils, and a bunch of fish. The cat is not mine but I love her to pieces.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:45:22 PM by refract3d »
Native language: :usa:
A little :vaticancity: :japan: Korean
Learning :norway: :spain:

Ask me about cuttlefish!

JacobThomsen

« Reply #3372 on: December 03, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »
Hello all!
Hello and welcome refract3d :D With all those interests I'm sure you'll be able to find something of your interest here on the forum

Róisín

« Reply #3373 on: December 03, 2017, 04:29:33 PM »
refract3d, by the sound of your hobbies you should fit right in here! I hope you have the best time exploring and sharing your skills.

laiska

• Tumblr
  • yo yiggity
« Reply #3374 on: December 05, 2017, 01:38:21 AM »
Hello, I am Laiska (otherwise known as strudels/ cybes on practically everything else). I currently live in Northern Idaho with my many dogs, geckos, and family (puffuls I'm lookin' at you). I think I stumbled upon SSSS a couple years ago from another site, and I was hooked ever since (though I took monthly breaks while reading so many other Hiveworks comic). I really love learning languages, drawing, ... reading and writing, I guess! I enjoy historical fiction, as well as just fantasy! I'm pretty run of the mill, but I hope to get to know this adorable little community! :V
:usa: Fluent
:france: Conversational
:germany: :norway: I'm gettin there
(avatars used are mine, drawn by me)