Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 575660 times)

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3225 on: September 24, 2017, 05:29:51 AM »
Well, hello (or Privetstvuiy!)! I'm Alexey Shiro, 29&0,5 years old, from Russia. By education and career I'm biologist - plant selection & genetic to be precise - and have a Ph.D. in agricultural sciences. As a hobby, I'm interested in history, military history, science fiction & retro-technology.

I stumbled upon the SSSS several years ago, but at this time my English was still pretty imperfect, so only recently I rediscovered it again. I was truly impressed by the absolutely awesome worldbuilding, put in this comics, very "alive" characters and plotlines. So, after several days of reading I finally became bold enough to register here.

So, hello from Mother Russia! And yes, we also have pretty cold areas to make a stand... ;)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3226 on: September 24, 2017, 06:10:13 AM »
Dilandu, hello and welcome! We have quite a few Russian Minnions, maybe you will meet some of them. There are some who are into cosplay and writing fanfic and doing crafts and art, you might like to explore those threads here on the Forum.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3227 on: September 24, 2017, 06:51:45 AM »
Dilandu, hello and welcome! We have quite a few Russian Minnions, maybe you will meet some of them. There are some who are into cosplay and writing fanfic and doing crafts and art, you might like to explore those threads here on the Forum.

Thank you! It would be interesting to meet them, yes!

Well, unfortunately I'm not into cosplay, but into fanfiction a bit... and 3D modelling, also.

the_burning_nightingale

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3228 on: September 24, 2017, 07:09:22 AM »
Hi everyone! And welcome to Dilandu!

Thanks for the links to the fanfic stuff! I'll get on that soon :D
Native: :uk:
Speak a little: :france: :spain: :china:

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3229 on: September 24, 2017, 07:22:50 AM »

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3230 on: September 24, 2017, 08:03:45 AM »
Welcome, Dilandu :) *Puts a plate of squirrel cookies for the new members* :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3231 on: September 24, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »
Welcome Libby and Dilandu!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3232 on: September 24, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »
Well, hello
Welcome to the forum Alexey :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3233 on: September 24, 2017, 09:08:48 AM »
Thank you, guys (and gals)!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3234 on: September 24, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »
I believe we have a Forum thread for 3D models. And of course we have Purple Wyrm, who does Lego.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #3235 on: September 24, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »
Ah, I've been so neglectful of this thread lately!

A warm welcome to everyone new who I missed lately! I hope you enjoy it here! ^-^  :squirrelcookie:
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3236 on: September 24, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
Welcome to Dilandu!  It can be exhausting to try to interact in a non-native language, so many kudos to you.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3237 on: September 24, 2017, 04:15:57 PM »
Welcome to Dilandu!  It can be exhausting to try to interact in a non-native language, so many kudos to you.

Thank you! No, not really exausting anymore - I understood english near perfectly, but still have some problems with writing on it... So, please, be patient to my possible language mistakes here.  :)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3238 on: September 25, 2017, 05:11:15 AM »
Thank you! No, not really exausting anymore - I understood english near perfectly, but still have some problems with writing on it... So, please, be patient to my possible language mistakes here.  :)
We are a lot not being native speakers, and the ones who have always talked English are very kind and patient with us and our mistakes :) Don't worry, just try, you will importe.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Morgan

• Scout
  • aka UrsaMinoris
  • Preferred pronouns: Her/she
« Reply #3239 on: September 28, 2017, 02:57:35 PM »
Heya folks! I'm Morgan, I'm from Canada, and I really need to stop writing things in only Times New Roman! I'm in my final year of high school and I hope to be an engineer when I graduate. (Maybe for the Canadian coast guard!) I really enjoy drawing and writing myself, and hope to make my own comic on the side. I also have my 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo so that's fun!

I saw everyone was mentioning the languages they speak, so I'll do that too. I consider my first language to be English, but I've been going to a fully french school since I was 4 or 5. So I'm quite fluent in both languages. I've also tried to learn German, but I don't have much time to do that haha.

I discovered SSSS when I was browsing Hiveworks several months ago for inspiration and experience for my own comic (exposure to see different techniques, reading comics in general, etc) read a couple pages, and decided to order Book 1. Once my copy got here, I read it and fell in love immediately with the series.
Fluent: :canada: :france:
Learning: :germany: :russia:
Can (mostly) count to ten and say a few words: :southkorea:

my art: instagram.com/the_great_tree_massacre
:chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: