Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 572451 times)

North_Satsuma

• Super-Newbie
  • North Satsuma, best satsuma ;D
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3135 on: July 31, 2017, 12:10:30 AM »
Er, am I supposed to introduce myself here?
Heh, well, I'm North Satsuma and...yeah. I'm pretty boring XD
I'm Vietnamese-American, I like asking weird (and sometimes uncomfortable) questions, and I plan on studying abroad.
I've been reading SSSS for a while now, just haven't gotten to making an account here until now.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3136 on: July 31, 2017, 01:08:40 AM »
North_Satsuma, hello and welcome! And there are never enough people asking questions. Go for it!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3137 on: July 31, 2017, 04:48:53 AM »
Welcome North Satsuma :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3138 on: July 31, 2017, 05:24:11 AM »
I'm Vietnamese-American, I like asking weird (and sometimes uncomfortable) questions, and I plan on studying abroad.
I've been reading SSSS for a while now, just haven't gotten to making an account here until now.

Welcome, and enjoy.  Have you an idea where you would like to study?  Are you perhaps looking at a AFS posting?  (For non-Americans, AFS lets secondary students study abroad for a year, usually their junior year.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3139 on: July 31, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »
Welcome Seriema and North_Satsuma!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #3140 on: July 31, 2017, 09:30:48 PM »
Hello and Welcome!
Weird can mean fun, at least from my experiences. I'm sure you'll bring something interesting.
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

North_Satsuma

• Super-Newbie
  • North Satsuma, best satsuma ;D
« Reply #3141 on: August 01, 2017, 06:38:39 PM »
Welcome, and enjoy.  Have you an idea where you would like to study?  Are you perhaps looking at a AFS posting?  (For non-Americans, AFS lets secondary students study abroad for a year, usually their junior year.)

Thanks for the suggestion! I have looked at their programs, but they all seem a bit overpriced, or at least compared to other organizations.
I'm thinking about studying in either Austria or Finland (but I swear that it's for reasons other than SSSS.)

PeregrineWillow

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3142 on: August 09, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »
Hello, I'm Pippin! I just discovered SSSS last night while reading TVtropes. I'm all caught up now, though! (Because who needs sleep anyways?) I love the comic, and figured it might be interesting to join this forum.

I'm a college student from the USA state of Minnesota, and I love snow and cold weather. I have a pretty terrible memory and have enough trouble talking even when I know what people are saying, so I kind of suck at languages. I am fluent in English, know enough Spanish to scrape by when I need it, and have learned a few random phrases in German.

I love drawing, physics, math, singing, reading, and starting on a wikipedia page and following links until I have 30 tabs open. I'm in general pretty interested in how things work and come to be.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3143 on: August 10, 2017, 12:40:37 AM »
Pippin, hello and welcome! You are bound to find plenty to interest you here. There is always room for another enquiring mind.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3144 on: August 10, 2017, 02:13:49 AM »
Hello, I'm Pippin! I just discovered SSSS last night while reading TVtropes. I'm all caught up now, though! (Because who needs sleep anyways?) I love the comic, and figured it might be interesting to join this forum.

I'm a college student from the USA state of Minnesota, and I love snow and cold weather. I have a pretty terrible memory and have enough trouble talking even when I know what people are saying, so I kind of suck at languages. I am fluent in English, know enough Spanish to scrape by when I need it, and have learned a few random phrases in German.

I love drawing, physics, math, singing, reading, and starting on a wikipedia page and following links until I have 30 tabs open. I'm in general pretty interested in how things work and come to be.

Welcome, Pippin!  I'm impressed that you were able to escape the seductive clutches of TVTropes -- I've wasted far too many hours there.  But if it brought you to SSSS, and then to this Forum, that's all good! 

If you're from Minnesota (like several other Forumites), you certainly know about the kind of weather the crew has had to face in the comic.  And it sounds like you might be interested in reading and/or contributing to the various discussion threads, both in the SSSS Comic and General folders, discussing how things in the Known World might work. 

Everyone here is pretty friendly, so don't hesitate to start posting or ask a question.  And you got here at a good time -- Sept. 1 is the Forum's third anniversary, which means an online celebration.  There will probably be confetti, movies and/or music to share, maybe a trivia quiz...?  (The admins, including me, are scurrying around behind the scenes doing party planning; we'll start soliciting ideas and help soon.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

PeregrineWillow

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3145 on: August 10, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
Thanks, Róisín and Sunflower! In general, the fandom seems very kind and welcoming. I'm excited to look around more. Some of the threads are very interesting!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3146 on: August 10, 2017, 01:47:59 PM »

Welcome Pippin!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

PeregrineWillow

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3147 on: August 10, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »
Thanks, urbicande!
Is that morse code in your profile? And if so, does it mean "Are you busy?" I was trying to look up the abbreviation QRL, but that was all I could find.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3148 on: August 10, 2017, 06:38:53 PM »

Welcome to Pippin!  One of the best things about this Forum is that we have such a great range of experiences among us, and that 30-tabs-down-the-rabbit-hole enquiry habit will serve you well.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3149 on: August 10, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »

Welcome Pippin :D you should fit in here just fine
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: