Worlds and Stories > SSSS Re-Read

All Infopages

(1/16) > >>

Jitter:
This thread is intended for all of the infopage comments and considerations notwithstanding where in the story they are. To make it easier to use, please include the page number, and why not even the link!

Like all of the reread threads, also comments for the info pages can be discussed here.

Jitter:
Photo collage from Y0 (Adv1 pages 46-47) http://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=46

The photograph spread is one of my favorites, and one of the pages I return most often to (after the Map of rhe Known World and the family trees). I like all the photos a lot but especially the one where Berit* is teaching Aksel to shoot. I suppose this will be discussed in the comments, but I haven’t read them yet: how did the photo from North Dakota come to be in the possession of the Icelandic government(?? some Icelandic party holding records)?

* Did you know that Berit fought the Nazis as a young resistance fighter during the WW2 occupation of Norway?

tehta:
This is one of my favourites as well! And it's such a clever way to convey (part of) the future fates of the characters.

I have now read the comments! There is still a lot of theorizing that cats are the carriers, but very little about the American dog. (My headcanon is that it came with some American refugees. Who probably did not make it.) And I have another question: who took that picture of the Finns?

dmeck7755:
I love the "photo info pages"

It show the intrepid ancestors starting to make a life outside of all of the sadness and horror.

The Swedish one where they are putting up the plastic with tape.  Is that to protect them from infection or seeing the windows against cold for the winter?  When I lived in Northern Maine, we did that because it got so cold and the windows were crap.  It really works.

For the Finnish maybe they set a timer?  Though it *is* a really weird picture regardless

Plus the sad one where Bosse succumbs to the illness. on the next page.

Love grandma teaching the kids to shoot!!

thorny:
I don't think that's Bosse. Doesn't that pic say it's in North Dakota? (small print, bottom of pic).

I do wonder how a picture from North Dakota managed to make it to archives in the Known World.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version