Worlds and Stories > SSSS Re-Read

The End of the World As We Know It - A1 Prologue

(1/27) > >>

tehta:
I hope people don't mind. Jitter said non-mods should take some initiative, so... Hey, everyone! This week we are supposed to reread all about Dalsnes.

I have just reread the first four pages, focusing on the comments, and I am very amused by people's guesses as to what the five prologue locations would be, based on Page One (which included Seattle, China, and the White Cliffs of Dover), plus their guesses as to what the apocalypse will be (zombies). Also, I learned (from Minna's replies!) that Goran is half-Swedish. Making Trond a quarter-Swede, and the Organizing committee more than 50% Swedish. Not sure where I am going with this.

dmeck7755:
I kinda thought each prologue panel was one of the Nordic countries
Under 5 (silent) Iceland
Under 4 (stay)Norway
Under 3 (still) Finland
Under 2 (stand)Denmark
Under (logo)Sweden

Norway and Sweden could be reversed.  It was hard for me to tell.  Though the mountains under 4 looked bigger.

(as a chuckle I typed Under 5x and misspelled each one differently )

dmeck7755:

--- Quote from: dmeck7755 on April 04, 2022, 02:04:58 PM ---I kinda thought each prologue panel was one of the Nordic countries
Under 5 (silent) Iceland
Under 4 (stay)Norway
Under 3 (still) Finland
Under 2 (stand)Denmark
Under (logo)Sweden

Norway and Sweden could be reversed.  It was hard for me to tell.  Though the mountains under 4 looked bigger.

(as a chuckle I typed Under 5x and misspelled each one differently )

--- End quote ---

If you go in story order it would be
Under (logo)
Norway
Under 2
Denmark
Under 3
Finland
Under 4 (stay)
Sweden
Under 5 (silent)
Iceland

tehta:
Story order looks correct to me.

Jitter:
It’s definitely the story order, those are not just the countries but the hiding places of each of the prologue groups. And some of them are in the pictures too, at least the Hotakainen boat is there!

When I started reading, I knew already it’s Nordic and that it’s a post-apocalypse tale. But I remember wondering all through the Norway bit whether it’s going to be climate or disease, because of how much it’s raining and they are complaining about it. And the broken road looks like it hasn’t been just your average rainy day.

But, the page Gøran is holding up on page 4 panel 4 is interesting. I’ve looked at it before as well. On Day 0 the Rash was already spread quite widely around the Mediterranean (the map is actually Day -2 situation as it’s yesterday’s paper).

And there’s a fat joke :( Fortunately not very many of those throughout, nothing like ARtD.

Oh and thanks tehta for getting started! I edited the topic to add A1 Prologue to it for future use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version