Worlds and Stories > SSSS & ARTD Board

Adventure III fanfic?

(1/7) > >>

White_Tiger:
Pretty much what it says in the tin, I've read my share of SSSS fics, some of them quite good indeed. And since the ending to Adventure II had a pretty clear setup to the next one (the mystery job in Sweden, possibly getting into Emil's backstory - why his family fell from grace and such?), it doesn't seem a stretch to assume somebody could make their own continuation. I'm not like making a request or anything (I myself might take a swing at it, but not until late May - college is hell on my free time) but I'm interested to hear y'all's thoughts on it.
 :lalli: :emil: :sigrun: :mikkel: :reynir: :onni:

Róisín:
I would be up for that. My main constraint is time. I’m Tanist over on Archive of Our Own, if you want to read some of my stuff. I can do prose, poetry or factual info, but am utterly useless at art.

lwise:
There's a book called Hiero's Journey -- 50s science fiction, not great writing and may be offensive -- that has people called Eleveners.  They hold to the Eleventh Commandment: "Thou shalt not despoil the Earth or the life thereof".  Eleveners defend (or try to defend) all life, even radiation-induced mutants.

I've thought sometimes that there might be Eleveners in SSSS.  I suppose they might object to a Vasterstrom factory that produces poisons to kill grosslings, or maybe experiments on (i.e., tortures?) grosslings to find effective poisons.  So they might have burned it down.

I've never figured out where to go with the idea, however, so I'm just throwing it out as something to think about.

tehta:
I would love to have a go at something like this, but I would want to do it properly, so it would require a lot of time. More than I have, probably.
I haven't even finished my ghosts-in-Iceland adventure.

White_Tiger:

--- Quote from: tehta on March 15, 2022, 03:54:08 AM ---I would love to have a go at something like this, but I would want to do it properly, so it would require a lot of time. More than I have, probably.
I haven't even finished my ghosts-in-Iceland adventure.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's fair. I'm starting a fic that's been rattling around in my head for some time to get some practice at writing the characters
before I try anything on the level of Adventure III. I have my doubts that any of us Minnions have the time to do something like that in full, but it might be worth getting a bunch of folks to pitch in. By the community, for the community, y'know?

Ghosts in Iceland adventure? Do tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version