About the Site > Website Help and Rules

Ideas for new Boards

(1/18) > >>

Yannick:
Hi, here are some ideas I had. Boards are by example "Forum and Website Discussion" or "SSSS Board"
If you all could help me improve them by your comments...

A- Make a "Presentations Board", with a topic by new member who wish to briefly present themselves.
I know this kind of thing exist in many forums and I found it lacking here.
(in my opinion... it isn't mandatory)
I see some have begun here http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=5.msg4706#msg4706
but it is best to have a specific zone to do it, as it might greatly increase in size with new members.

B- Make a "Other Languages Board" with a topic by language, for all the not-english readers who migth have something to say but cant speak enough of english for it, while they can read some of it.
(I don't think it is my case now, but it was few years ago)
I think it is best than to let other fans make other specifics fan-forums in other languages, as it would break the community.

Eich:
I really like this thread.  It might be a good place to discuss the placement of threads or something, in the future.

The presentations board sounds like a superb idea.  It would be a great place for people to get acquainted and be welcomed. 

The other languages board, I feel needs some discussing.  If anyone wants to weigh in on the topic, please do. 
Would it be a board with one thread for each language?  I can make a board with sub-boards inside of it, so that more regular threads can be made.  That would mean:

(With liberal use of google translate...)
- SSSS Board

- aRTD Board

- General Discussion Board

- Forum and Website Board

- Other Language Board
     > Française Board
          --> Par le vous SSSS?
          --> Catmobile thread
          --> Dernière la page
     >  Español Board
          --> Hablar Lalli
     > Norwegian Board
     > etc.   ...

Yannick:
Hum I am french so I can help for the french part, sorry I forgot to tell it  :)

And YES to your arrangement of the boards, with "Presentation" first

Nimphy:
I made a thread for the presentaion - it didn't exist already, did it? It's in the General Discussion Board.

Eich:

--- Quote from: Nimphy on October 19, 2014, 02:12:26 PM ---I made a thread for the presentaion - it didn't exist already, did it? It's in the General Discussion Board.

--- End quote ---
Nope, it's a new thing, now.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version