Worlds and Stories > SSSS & ARTD Board

Favorites pages, panels, scenes?

(1/3) > >>

Jitter:
User Turnstylus asked on Disqus today: “This may be a question for the fan forum, but I'll ask here anyway: what are some of your favorite scenes/panels?”

I agree with them! So, share your favorites! I’m sure we’ll remember many great ones by reading each other’s faves!

I responded on Disqus so I copy here:

Some of my favorites:
- the Dalahästen train in the night, passing by some buildings, some blood on the circular saw but before the giant’s attack
- aerial view of the Danish base at Øresund
- the dusklings flowing out of the old building after Emil fires a shot
- Lalli arriving alone at Reykjavik, and the seawall subtly shows what kind of world we are in
- chapter cover of the team walking among the cartrolls
- aerial view of the old settlement/ ex petrol station, where they went for supplies and met Speedy McPlorp and the other Kalma (acid trolls)
- the lake cows emerging from the water in the night

Oops quite many! I like this comic!

More keep coming to mind but one I have to add:

- the underwater skulls Lalli is standing on in the Scary Reedy Place when he and Reynir go looking for Onni for the first time.

dmeck7755:
The language tree page.  It is what got me hooked on the webcomic. 

Kevin_Redcrow:

* Lalli invoking the moon goddess at the train station. The large panels were so atmospheric, I could hear Sibelius' 2nd Symphony, 1st Movement playing in my head
* Lalli hopping onto the train immediately after, and the guard being startled that Lalli was not going to cause the fuss he seemingly expected  :D
* Reynir bashfully asking the gods for guidance on being a mage
* Mikkel interrupting Emil's blunt inquiry about washing facilities at the pick up point by bear-hugging him and Lalli

wavewright62:
 :lalli: I agreed about Lalli's invocation to Kuutar.
 :lalli: Lalli leaving the dream sea behind at the close of our first view of Lalli's travels there.
 :emil: the blood drip onto Emil's face, followed by ...Tooth Scary
 :emil: Cthulhund's transformation into spider-beast.
 :reynir: The page as the team waits in the dark to make its last stand. Kitty's eyes grow huge. A spark ignites as the first beastie encounters the perimeter.
 :lalli: Lalli floating in the dream sea after escaping Emil's dream space, with the coils of huge serpent filling the whole background.
 :reynir: :tuuri: Reynir escaping the Kastellet infirmary with Tuuri.
 :onni: :lalli: The sequence of Onni falling chasing after Tuuri & the Swan, segueing into Lalli kneeling by the waves (the single most beautiful page in the comic imho).
 :lalli: :tuuri: :emil: :sigrun: :mikkel: :reynir: :siv: :torbjorn: :onni: :trond: The family tree, which has supplied me with endless inspiration.
 :reynir: Reynir starts praying for aid, and the stave glows around him.
 :onni: :reynir: Reynir & Onni have coffee & cake with Pastor Anne.

Spoiler: deja vu episode • show I just got a deja vu episode, and I remember having had that dream.
I was writing down my favourite scenes from SSSS, because the comic was ending (at the time, I thought, no say it's just a dream!).  I laughed because many of them featured Lalli, and were the really scary & tense scenes.
Then this thread started today and halfway through answering it, I laughed....

tehta:
I agree with many of the Lalli & Reynir pages. I get the sense that Minna used to enjoy drawing them (and their magic, and the dreamspace) particularly.
To add one that has not been mentioned: the double-page spread where Lalli blasts the housetroll and knocks himself out of the dreamspace.
Onni's magic is awesome too: I love his owl attacking the ghosts, and his summoning of Kokko.
Also:

--- Quote --- the Dalahästen train in the night, passing by some buildings, some blood on the circular saw but before the giant’s attack
--- End quote ---
the skeletons in one of the buildings it passes! So creepy.

Finally, I could add a whole series of Emilalli moments, but I will settle for the one where Emil tries to say 'good job'. The facial expressions are priceless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version