Author Topic: To find ways to add more informations and members to the forum (SOLVED)  (Read 1420 times)

Yannick

Hi, here are some ideas I wish you comment and help me improve

1- Find ways to add more informations to the forum.
By exemple, we could aggregate all significants posts of Minna in one thread for SSSS (and later one thread for aRTD),
create surveys for questions to ask her in a future interview, ...

2- Move good stuff from the comic's daily discussion pages to the forum.
a good idea someone proposed here but he might want help for the oldest discussion pages
http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=3.msg1748#msg1748

3- Try to make more and more readers use the forum and not only the dysqus comments.
For it is trully hard for a new reader to find all the interestings informations in more than 200 differents threads of comments.
31- By telling the readers who might have not seen the button "Fan forum"
32- By adding new contents to make them read it (see 2)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:57:45 PM by Feartheviolas »
Whatever is created by the spirit is more alive than matter. Charles Baudelaire 1867

:france: 99%  -  :uk: 70%  -   :spain: 30%

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: To find ways to add more informations and members to the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 01:18:14 PM »
Hmm.  Good thinking.  Here are my thoughts.

1.  Key posts by Minna would be good in an archive...  if someone wants to start searching through the comments, I think that'd be a fine thread to make.  The interview questions sound like a very good idea, if Minna ever ends up agreeing to an interview.  However, while she's very involved with and responsive to the fans, she is also quite shy, and is very, very busy.  It might happen one day, but I really can't say whether it'll happen or not. 

2.  Sunflower's been doing a great job of archiving relevant information.  She hasn't been grabbing too much, and she hasn't been getting too little.  Do you want any help getting older stuff, Sunflower?

3.  I haven't been advertising the forum since I made it.  I don't want anyone to feel bothered, having the forum constantly pushed on them, that's why I haven't promoted it much.  Even though there are a few commenters who I would love to have on here, I know they heard about the forum and, if they haven't signed up, they obviously don't want to or don't have enough time to devote to full-fledged conversations.  So, I decided to leave promotion to the other users, to invite people as they please (this is a site for the users, after all).  Some other people in the comments have been telling new people about this place, and we get new members pretty consistently, so that isn't really an issue at this point.

Anybody have any other thoughts?  Complaints, gripes, bellyaches?
Feel free to PM.

Yannick

Re: To find ways to add more informations and members to the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »
Thank you for answering!

1.1- Key posts by Minna would be good in an archive...  if someone wants to start searching through the comments, I think that'd be a fine thread to make."
I can do it ! I will begin just now a topic
http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=130.0

1.2- The interview questions sound like a very good idea, if Minna ever ends up agreeing to an interview.  However, while she's very involved with and responsive to the fans, she is also quite shy, and is very, very busy.
I think while replying another subject, I wrote a post who might go here too :
I fond an old FAQ she made for aRTD, maybe we could just ask for a new one for SSSS

As for
1) extremely busy creating art for us
when you are always making the same activities, you become more tired than when you change sometime
so doing a FAQ one day would help her be more creative  :D ;D

2) very introverted >> OK so no video interview on YouTube
But being very introverted myself, I still think an interview by mail would be possible.
Still a FAQ is best : she can choose the questions and the answers!
2- I will let someone else help Sunflower while doing 1-

3-  I haven't been advertising the forum since I made it.  I don't want anyone to feel bothered, having the forum constantly pushed on them, that's why I haven't promoted it much.
OK, I understand and it seem quite logic.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:05:27 PM by Yannick »
Whatever is created by the spirit is more alive than matter. Charles Baudelaire 1867

:france: 99%  -  :uk: 70%  -   :spain: 30%