About the Site > Troubleshooting Archive

Disqus issue, dunno where else to ask -_- (SOLVED)

(1/1)

shadesofgreymoon:
I'm sorry for posting a "not fun" thread, I'm just so frustrated and have no idea where else to go.

For months now almost every comment I make on Disqus is flagged as spam and removed. I haven't done any of the things that Disqus "Help" says causes that. And I can't find a link to contact a "moderator" about the situation.

Any advice? I'm utterly at a loss...

Mebediel:
It's happened to me a couple of times as well. I believe that technically Minna is the moderator, but I don't think that she reviews the comments on Disqus very carefully :P

Is it possible that Disqus is marking spam based on IP address? I know that the forum was blocking people by IP address for a while, but Disqus is a whole different organization.

wavewright62:
When I ran your IP address through a search, there had been spam issued from that address, last about a year ago.  One of the spam hits was from the notorious Ukranian/Russian spam machine.  The Forum has a different set of blocks on them, so the hijacked address isn't necessarily blocked (sometimes is), but Disqus may have a no-go for any IPs appearing on spam registers, even if it's old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version