Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72608 times)

Temteno

Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2019, 03:33:37 AM »
Elin struggled and failed to hide a look of concern. Her voice turned uncharacteristically serious, ":sweden: I doubt me failing to be diplomatic would summon every troll to us on the spot but if we hadn't gotten into here we'd probably be in a lot more danger out there," Elin gestured to the world beyond the gate. "Besides, even if it isn't the end of the world mistakes still have consequences. That's just the way it goes."

Elin's voice grew low and quiet, like she didn't want to be heard, "Trust me... I'd know it better than anyone."

Anne looked at her with a little softer smile.
:sweden: "I know."
She looked at the woman who showed their tank a place, but didn't longer on her any longer. Anne stopped instead a little further so that their talk couldn't be heard by everybody.
She chuckled and gave a small nudge to Elin's side. The blond sighed after it and lets her demeanor calm.
:sweden: "But it's about how you handle the consequences and mistakes. That divides the people."
Anne stretched her arms.
:sweden: "Just have a confidence in yourself, okay? I know there's a lot of potential in you."

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #451 on: October 10, 2019, 07:06:28 AM »
Anne looked at her with a little softer smile.
:sweden: "I know."
She looked at the woman who showed their tank a place, but didn't longer on her any longer. Anne stopped instead a little further so that their talk couldn't be heard by everybody.
She chuckled and gave a small nudge to Elin's side. The blond sighed after it and lets her demeanor calm.
:sweden: "But it's about how you handle the consequences and mistakes. That divides the people."
Anne stretched her arms.
:sweden: "Just have a confidence in yourself, okay? I know there's a lot of potential in you."

Elin chuckled, ":sweden: Heh, you know I used to have confidence... and they all used to tell me I had potential too. Now look where that got me... I have my reasons for coming to the silent world and it's not because I needed a vacation."
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Temteno

« Reply #452 on: October 10, 2019, 07:45:37 AM »
Elin chuckled, ":sweden: Heh, you know I used to have confidence... and they all used to tell me I had potential too. Now look where that got me... I have my reasons for coming to the silent world and it's not because I needed a vacation."

Anne stared Elin for some moment without moving. She got on her tip-toes and ruffled her hair as much as she could.
:sweden: "Others can't decide what's your potential.", she said and crossed her arms, leaning her hips to left.
The woman didn't stop the staring.
:sweden: "Of course other than me. I have a knack to these things", she joked.

Anne sighed.
:sweden: "If it's hard to have confidence, fake until you make it", she said and smiled, "Human brains are really stupid. If you give a fake smile, brains think you are happy."
She gave again a gentle jab to Elin's side.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2019, 07:59:44 AM »
Anne stared Elin for some moment without moving. She got on her tip-toes and ruffled her hair as much as she could.
:sweden: "Others can't decide what's your potential.", she said and crossed her arms, leaning her hips to left.
The woman didn't stop the staring.
:sweden: "Of course other than me. I have a knack to these things", she joked.

Anne sighed.
:sweden: "If it's hard to have confidence, fake until you make it", she said and smiled, "Human brains are really stupid. If you give a fake smile, brains think you are happy."
She gave again a gentle jab to Elin's side.

Elin laughed, ":sweden: Psh, okay."

Elin gave a real smile, then she playfully jabbed Anne back.
socks

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2019, 08:08:50 AM »
Rúnar parked the tank, and then he kinda sorta just went to sleep.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2019, 08:10:26 AM »
Axel seemed content to observe the pep talk for a moment. He didn't stop watching Anne.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
With the tank now parked Jack sidled back up to the gate guards and asked in a low whisper, ":scotland: Did something happen since the last time I can through?"

Quietly he repeated the phrase 'pleasedon'tsayhags, please don't say hags... There's already issue enough up North with them....' in his head
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Temteno

« Reply #457 on: October 11, 2019, 02:19:47 AM »
Elin laughed, ":sweden: Psh, okay."

Elin gave a real smile, then she playfully jabbed Anne back.

She looked slightly relieved and rubbed the place where Elin had jabbed her. The tank had stopped on its place now and the blond turned her eyes to look around. The old rubble of buildings were protecting the remote area where the tank was, but it was easy to observe it in distance. Unease went through her.

:sweden: "Now that you feel better, we should have a campfire",  Anne suggested suddenly and put her hands together, "I don't think it's necessary to scout tonight. The locals wouldn't probably be too happy about it."
She should ask from Amelia about it.
The thought of campfire got Anne way too excited though.
:sweden: "We haven't had any proper time as a team. You know the saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer -actually, that doesn't really fit in this case. But you know what I mean."

Axel seemed content to observe the pep talk for a moment. He didn't stop watching Anne.

Anne glanced to look Axel. She waved to him.
:sweden: "Interested of a campfire?"

With the tank now parked Jack sidled back up to the gate guards and asked in a low whisper, ":scotland: Did something happen since the last time I can through?"

Quietly he repeated the phrase 'pleasedon'tsayhags, please don't say hags... There's already issue enough up North with them....' in his head

The man from the gates had walked close to Bearnas, who had been looking the tank with a rather suspicious but also curious look. She turned to Jack slowly and looked little sorrowful.
:scotland: "...we've lost people. More than normally - maybe in a full or half year one dies, but this is different thing."
The man didn't want to speak up, so Bearnas let her arms fall down and inhaled to continue.
:scotland: "Normally it's easy to keep monsters out. Even when the warding doesn't work on them, we have a good system to keep them out."
She shrugged in defeat and took few steps closer to Jack.
:scotland: "But then night guards and people out started to disappear. Even poor Seath disappeared and never came back. You know, the guy who was the druid apprentice", she rambled and glanced the man that stared the stain on the tank like it was the most fascinating thing ever.

:scotland: "There's something unpleasant out there that the warding won't protect from. Leaving strangers on their own luck is like abandoning a brother."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #458 on: October 11, 2019, 06:14:41 AM »

The man from the gates had walked close to Bearnas, who had been looking the tank with a rather suspicious but also curious look. She turned to Jack slowly and looked little sorrowful.
:scotland: "...we've lost people. More than normally - maybe in a full or half year one dies, but this is different thing."
The man didn't want to speak up, so Bearnas let her arms fall down and inhaled to continue.
:scotland: "Normally it's easy to keep monsters out. Even when the warding doesn't work on them, we have a good system to keep them out."
:scotland: "But then night guards and people out started to disappear. Even poor Seath disappeared and never came back. You know, the guy who was the druid apprentice", she rambled and glanced the man that stared the stain on the tank like it was the most fascinating thing ever.

:scotland: "There's something unpleasant out there that the warding won't protect from. Leaving strangers on their own luck is like abandoning a brother."

Axel opened his mouth to answer Anne, but then overheard the two Scots talking and slowly turned to glare at them.
Message communicated, he turned back to Anne. :norway: "Sure, why not. I'm going to set up some landmines, though, those two assholes apparently have something moving around at night and neglected to tell us."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #459 on: October 11, 2019, 07:03:07 AM »
Axel opened his mouth to answer Anne, but then overheard the two Scots talking and slowly turned to glare at them.
Message communicated, he turned back to Anne. :norway: "Sure, why not. I'm going to set up some landmines, though, those two a******s apparently have something moving around at night and neglected to tell us."

Anne glanced to the locals and then back at Axel. Her blood went cold and she cleared her throat. The woman was taken aback by Axel's comment and she felt like fainting of the thought of having landmines.
:sweden: "Um- the landmines will just call more beasts here", she said and could only shiver to thought of a human stepping into a one. She should really make someone to stash them away from Axel's hands.

:sweden: "More so, there's something moving around?" she tried to change the subject and crossed her arms with a slight frown and her smile defusing. Was that the main reason they even let them come inside the barrier?
:sweden: "I agree though that they should've told us about it. Elin, what did you and the locals discuss about? Did the whole subject come up even once?"
She looked at Elin. A bad feeling crept on her spine. The whole crew, especially Amelia, should know about this.

Anne huffed.
:sweden: "We can only get direct answers by tomorrow. The guards are so wary of us."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:31:12 PM by Temteno »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #460 on: October 11, 2019, 07:13:05 AM »
Anne glanced to the locals and then back at Axel. Her blood went cold and she cleared her throat. The woman was taken aback by Axel's comment and she felt like fainting of the thought of having landmines.
:sweden: "Um- the landmines will just call more beasts here", she said and could only shiver to thought of a human stepping into a one. She should really make someone to stash them away from Axel's hands.

:sweden: "More so, there's something moving around?" she tried to change the subject and crossed her arms with a slight frown and her smile defusing. Was that the main reason they even let them come inside the barrier?
:sweden: "I agree though that they should've told about it to us. Elin, what did you and the locals discuss about? Did the whole subject come up even once?"
She looked at Elin. A bad feeling crept on her spine. The whole crew, especially Amelia, should know about this.

Anne huffed.
:sweden: "We can only get direct answers by tomorrow. The guards are so wary of us."

:norway: "Hrmph. Worked at home. Local beasts learned to avoid me right quick. Still think we need better defenses. Stake traps?"

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #461 on: October 11, 2019, 07:55:30 AM »
She looked slightly relieved and rubbed the place where Elin had jabbed her. The tank had stopped on its place now and the blond turned her eyes to look around. The old rubble of buildings were protecting the remote area where the tank was, but it was easy to observe it in distance. Unease went through her.

:sweden: "Now that you feel better, we should have a campfire",  Anne suggested suddenly and put her hands together, "I don't think it's necessary to scout tonight. The locals wouldn't probably be too happy about it."
She should ask from Amelia about it.
The thought of campfire got Anne way too excited though.
:sweden: "We haven't had any proper time as a team. You know the saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer -actually, that doesn't really fit in this case. But you know what I mean."

A strange light gleamed in Elin's eyes, campfire.

:sweden: "I agree though that they should've told about it to us. Elin, what did you and the locals discuss about? Did the whole subject come up even once?"

Anne huffed.

Elin made a face like she was trying very hard to remember the conversation she had not too long ago, ":sweden: Uhm... I don't recall them talking about any beast. We mostly talked about where we came from and that we wanted to come through the gate. They did mention a tree, though. I don't know what that's about.
socks

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #462 on: October 11, 2019, 10:34:23 AM »

Jack nodded and solemnly looked out into the rapidly darkening night and subconsciously reached into his messenger bag and checked that his violin was indeed there.

":scotland: ....good to know.."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #463 on: October 11, 2019, 04:02:29 PM »
Rúnar parked the tank, and then he kinda sorta just went to sleep.

Sanni glanced at Rúnar and wandered off to start dinner, singing in Finnish under her breath. She didn't catch much of the conversation, though she did catch part of what sounded like an inspirational speech, and the words beast and landmine.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #464 on: October 11, 2019, 04:06:03 PM »
:norway: "Hrmph. Worked at home. Local beasts learned to avoid me right quick. Still think we need better defenses. Stake traps?"

More traps?!
Anne tried to keep her expression calm and she pressed her hands together.
:denmark: "What about if we don't have any traps?" she asked slowly and thought about someone impaling their foot to a stake. She inhaled and let her arms fall down.

A strange light gleamed in Elin's eyes, campfire.

Elin made a face like she was trying very hard to remember the conversation she had not too long ago, ":sweden: Uhm... I don't recall them talking about any beast. We mostly talked about where we came from and that we wanted to come through the gate. They did mention a tree, though. I don't know what that's about.

Anne looked at Elin and crossed her arms. She sighed and shrugged.
:sweden: "...we all should keep an eye on them, just in case. We could ask form the stranger more about this village", she said and waved her hand to the way where Jack was.
The sun had started to go down ages ago and it started to get slightly dark. Anne rolled her shoulders.

:sweden: "But we all can continue this around the campfire, nothing we can do right now! Do we have any fire wood with us and anything we can fry?" she changed suddenly the topic and had lighter tone.

Jack nodded and solemnly looked out into the rapidly darkening night and subconsciously reached into his messenger bag and checked that his violin was indeed there.

":scotland: ....good to know.."

Bearnas sighed and rubbed her neck.
:scotland: "Honestly, I don't still trust the strangers you took here."
The woman nodded to the man and started to fix her clothing.
:scotland: "We will continue discussing the matter tomorrow. Are you coming with us to the village?" she asked from Jack.